main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Lookee what I found ...

Attack of the Clones poster HERE

Episode II Trailer HERE

:D

And on a more serious note:
    Last night I was told that two Episode II books from Dorling Kindersley have just been put onto the NZ distributor's lists for shops to (hopefully) order ready for next year. There's the Episode II Cross-section book and another one, probably the Visual Dictionary.

2. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Strange, most of the stuff on that site is taken from TFN humour, including those pics (check the picture's addresses). They could have at least moved them onto their own server [face_plain] Still, they're very funny :D And there is going to be an Episode II Visual Dictionary, so it's more than likely it is the other book.

BTW, the first Episode II teaser trailer has been released today in the US and contains an NZ presence: Jango :D It's going to be available for download next week (make sure you have Quicktime 5. And StarWars.com's latest newsletter has an interview with Jay Laga'aia, and misspells Auckland ('Aukland') ;)

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    hell, a lot of people miss spell auckland!

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I just found out that the release date for Monsters inc in NZ is 13th December. That's about two weeks after Harry Potter on 29th November.
    So we get trailer A first, then the teaser trailer.

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    and the problem is.....?

6. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    I think the teaser will probably be put in front of a different movie. Marketing wise, it makes more sense to have the teaser before the trailer. It'd probably be a G, PG or M movie, and before Harry Potter, that could be The Score, American Pie 2 or Crazy/Beautiful.

I hope they don't just decide to not show the teaser or delay Trailer A [face_plain]

7. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    From what I understand of it, the teaser and trailer A are actually tacked on to their respective movies - much like a few years back when the special edition trailer was tacked on to Independence Day.

Chansplace - there's no problem, as we'll all probably have seen the teaser first by downloading it from the net. But the general public might be a little confused.

8. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    It's attached to the Monsters, Inc. print in the US (at least it is in most theatres), but that could change here. Studios put a lot of thought into marketing, and I'm not sure if they'd release the full trailer before the teaser. Maybe they'll put the teaser in front of Monsters, Inc. next month, and then the full trailer in front of LOTR. Although those two would be awfully close together...

Somebody want to call Hoyts? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.