main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II DVD ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Yah! Episode II DVD will be out in Nov this year!

Hope this will be inserted into the DVD:

Why was Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi's commando raid on the Droid Control Ship cut from the final edit of Attack of the Clones?

The attack on the Droid Control Ship was filmed and edited together, but never completed with final special effects. A Jedi attack force battled its way up the ship's ramp, through doorways, down halls, and into the bridge of the ship. The scene was filled with much swordplay and stunts.

The sequence was dropped from the cut because it added another story to be intercut with what already was becoming too complicated and time consuming for the climax of the movie. Including the sequence also meant time needed to set it up and resolve it while the arena battle and the Clone War land battle proceeded simultaneously.

There was lots and lots of material in each one of these sequences that needed to be trimmed. There was lots of Jedi action in the arena fight dropped, more Jango and Mace, and even at one point a battle in space with the Droid Control Ships.

All of these would have been great to see, but choices have to be made for the priorities of the storyline.

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hopefully they will also put in the missing 1st Senate scene after the 1st asssination Attempt on Padme. Just want to see that gown in its full glory.

And the Missing part where Anakin was meditating in front of Padme's Bedroom on Coruscant just before OB1 came in and 2nd Assination Attempt; Flying OB1 almost plunging down when the Assination Droid got some wires detached; Zam shooting a few times at Flying OB1 and OB1 deflecting the shots with his lightsabre, Padme's Blue Naboo Gown (guys! stop drooling at her exposed skin!) and the part where Anakin hold Padme's Hand after their wedding which was last minute inserted into the Digital Version of AOTC. ;)

Hmm, how many more missing scenes from AOTC are there? :D

3. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Will it include Dooku with the green lightsaber in the hangar?

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh yes! How can we forget that one! ;)

5. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I juz wanna watch the movie in crisp film digital version!

Wanna watch the theatrical trailers and MTV again and again!

6. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    It's finally Official!

Hot from starwars.com:

On November 12, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will begin the North American release of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones on DVD and VHS home video.

Here's what the two-disc DVD set - available in both Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1) and Fullscreen editions - will feature:

Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)
    Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.
    Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt
    "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
    "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II
    Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"
    Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story
    All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
    The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams
    Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots
    "R2-D2: Beneath the Dome" mockumentary trailer
    Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos
    An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic
    HoloNet News website
    DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/08/news20020801.html

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    And I wonder what the 8 deleted scenes reinserted into the movie will be . . .

So what you guys and gal propose is gonna get back into the DVD version? :D

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    This time I have to get it...and hope that my computer can play a DVD better than it does a CD (it keeps playing until 00:19, then skips to the next track). :D

Deleted scenes...Dooku with two sabres.

9. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Cool, looks like I gotta get a DVD player/Drive soon.

10. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm not sure about the rest of you, but my computer DVD player can't play TPM, despite me having software region decoder installed on the computer. I heard from somewhere it's some LF made lock which prevents software cracks. Wonder if AOTC DVD will also have it... :confused:

Some of us here have the TPM DVD too right? What kind of players do you use?

11. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to this DVD coming out, I would definitely get one for myself, then maybe I'll invite everyone to my place to watch it with me - what do you think?!?? :)
    hehheh! :p

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    JediJean, your treat! :D I'll bring the Root Beer and Ginger Beer!

Okay, I think this scene was never listed as the missing one but I hope it'll appear:

[image=http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/gold/padme_gold_official1.jpg]

13. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    My PC uses CREATIVE 12X DVD rom

My living room uses Toshiba DVD.

14. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    BTW, Lord Of The Rings Fellowship Of The Ring DVD and VCD are out too!

But I'm waiting for the Nov 02 DVD deluxe version which will include over 40mins of deleted scenes! And loads of extras to test ur DVD to the max!

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    From the report at ComicCon '02

"I'm excited to be able to show -- for the first time anywhere, one of [the DVD's] deleted scenes," said Sansweet at the tail end of his presentation. "Shortly after the mysterious murder of Zam Wesell, Obi-Wan goes to the Jedi Temple to try to determine the origin of the assassin's dart -- only to discover the archives contain no record of the source. While this was the very first special effects shot finished, it was determined the scene did little to move the plot forward, so it was removed."

The scene, about a minute long, involves Kenobi in the analysis room, as two droids in a "clean room" carefully examine the Kamino saberdart. In its completed form, the scene involved live action (Ewan McGregor and a segment of the set), miniature photography (the clean room) and computer-generated imagery (the droids).

And another hint about the 8 deleted scenes:

Opening the floor to questions, Sansweet confirmed that the D-cinema version of Episode II, the one specifically created for digital projection, formed the basis of the DVD master. He also answered that the eight deleted scenes would not be incorporated into the movie proper, but like the Episode I DVD, would reside on the second disc.

So 1 down, 7 more to go.

16. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Star Wars in Mandarin... lucky Beijingers...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotc-wangfujing_street-beijing.jpg

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    November 12, Episode I returns to DVD in a full-screen format. All the great bonus material and special features will be available on this edition, which presents the film in a modified pan-and-scan format to fit standard television screens. The full-screen version of the DVD will also be bundled in a two-pack set alongside the full-screen edition of the Episode II DVD.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/news/2002/08/img/ep12dvdset_sm.jpg

18. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    The DVD screens are out! They are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

You must get the DVD just for these SCREENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIEW THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotc_dvdmenu1.jpg

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotc_dvdmenu2.jpg

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotc_dvdmenu3.jpg

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotc_dvdmenu4.jpg

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotc_dvdmenu5.jpg

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/aotc_dvdmenu6.jpg

YUMMY!!!!!!!!

19. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) -- Twentieth Century Fox is cloning an Imax version of "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones," and the studio predicts mega-resolution visuals will stoke big interest when re-formatted prequel unspools November 1 in more than 70 giant-screen theaters, Variety reports.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/10/film.star.wars.reut/index.html

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    As we discuss here and as I replied somewhere, it's very unlikely that we'll get AOTC in IMAX format as Singapore's 20th Century Fox has no plan to bring them in again. :_|

Unless Science Centre/OmiMax theater will bring them in . . .

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    From TFN News:

Update: Darth_Bingo chimes in:

I just looked at the APTC DVD Trailer link posted earlier. The following is an incomplete list of deleted scenes which will reappear in the DVD:
    1)Jedi temple analysis room
    2)Anakin/Padme on trial
    3)Padme addresses the senate
    4)Padme and Anakin visits Naboo home
    5)???One scene - appears to be Jedi Starfighter hangar. Deleted Scene from 09/11 "Image Attack"???

This still leaves 3 scenes unnacounted for...anyone have any idea what they are...? The trailer doesn't seem to divulge any more than this...

Guess I got 2 of my wish fulfilled so far! :D

Now hope they put in the extended version of the "Flying OB1, Firing Wesell". ;)

22. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    From TheForce.Net: Prequel Watch scores what may possibly be the rest of the deleted scenes on the Episode II DVD. They've got a list of the ones their sources tell them are in, and a few others we also managed to confirm from the DVD trailer as well. Cool stuff and good scoop. Pay them a visit for other tidbits as well:

Opening Senate Scene [confirmed]

Obi-Wan & The Analysis Droid [confirmed]

Extended Jedi Library Scene ("Lost 20 Jedi" Discussion)

Obi-Wan & Mace Windu Discussion in Jedi Temple Hangar [confirmed]

Naberrie Family Scene(s) [confirmed]

Anakin & Padme Trial on Geonosis [confirmed]

Extended Dooku/Yoda Duel (Dooku w/ two lightsabers)

Ki-Adi Mundi & Plo Koon Droid Control Ship Raid

23. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I would like to see the last one... haven't seen both of them in any real action before :)

24. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Ooooo just the last deleted scene of the 2 Jedi masters in action is worth all the $$$$$ for the DVD!!!!! A must get!!!!!!!

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The Official Site had announced all 8 deleted scenes to be in the 2nd CD:

Residing on disc-two of the upcoming Attack of the Clones DVD are eight deleted scenes. Viewers will have the option of just watching the scenes themselves, or watching brief introductions by Writer-Director George Lucas, Producer Rick McCallum and Editor Ben Burtt, explaining why the scenes were cut.

Here's a run-down of what will be available on November 12:

Padmé Addresses the Senate.
    Jedi Temple Analysis Room.
    Obi-Wan & Mace - Jedi Landing Platform.
    Extended Arrival on Naboo.
    Padmé's Parents' House.
    Padmé Bedroom.
    Dooku Interrogates Padmé.
    Anakin and Padmé on Trial.

:_| No extended Assassin Droid scene, No Extended Dooku-Yoda fight scene No extended Arena Battle Scene. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.