main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Episode II DVD: November 12

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ben_Quadrineros, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Just got the newest issue of the Homing Beacon, and it looks like the DVD and VHS release is set for 11/12.

Here's the list of features:

- Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)
    - Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.
    - Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt
    - "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
    - "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II
    - Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"
    - Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story
    - All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
    - The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams
    - Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots
    - Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos
    - An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from ILM
    - HoloNet News website
    - DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Special Edition VHS includes six deleted scenes and a "Star Wars Connections" featurette hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO, who explain the Star Wars story to new fans of
    the series.

----------------------

So it looks like there will be a little bit of exclusive content on the VHS tape! Aargh!

2. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    That "Connections" footage is just the stuff that aired along with the originals on FOX when they broadcast them right before Episode II's release, I think. I know on the Australian broadcasts that's what it was called, "Star Wars Connections."

-John

3. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    I saw somewhere the dvd's for episode II wont be out till like Dec.14. Is that true?

4. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    This was from the official starwars.com newsletter, so I'll believe Nov 12.

5. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    I cant wait to see all the extras on the DVD, Im getting excited all over again! :)
    I havent been going through AOTC withdrawl,so the wait for the DVD won't be as bad. since I have my VCD of it to tide me over for the time being! :D

6. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I cannot wait either. I'll be able to get it a week early if all goes well, at least for viewing if everyone wants to get together to watch. I think it would be an excellent thing to do as a group. Let's just hope that I'm over my habit of MST3K'ing movies by then....lol!!!

Jim (I'm not an assasin, not yet a Jedi)

7. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    i was in blockbuster by me, and the guy working there already has star wars episode II on DVD, he recorded it off the internet, ill let you all know if i can get him to get me a copy to give you all in the club that have a PS2 or DVD player.

8. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I already have it on vcd, but the quality reeks...I am currently trying to get a much better copy, but so far I've had no luck. I will keep posted on my progress in this area...btw, which blockbuster did you go to...I also work at one.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.