main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II DVD Reviews By Fans!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Okay, we are all going to get the DVD within a matter of days.

So let's post our reviews here at this thread!

From the fans, for the fans!

2. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    i bought it already, looks good, but due to slow com or something, its a bit jerky

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Faiz gets first kill... :D

4. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Where did u get the DVD from?

How much?

5. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Yah lor . I also want 1 leh . :)

6. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    heh, i bought it at the vcd shop at funan. $53 bucks. i was so hyped about it, i bought a dvd-rom(region free) at the same time just to watch it. its code1 btw, incase ppl are still using first gen dvd players(like mine, hence the dvd-rom, lol)

and i bought leadtek gf4mx460 at the same time coz my old gfx card was spoilt.

wat annoyed me was, the new vga card has a built in mpeg2 decoder, meaning it should play dvds properly. but so far my dvd playing software utilizes cpu instead to play, hence the lag/jerkiness. of coz unless i'm totally wrong about that, then its all the dvd-rom's fault.

will comment more after IF i manage to fix dvd playing problem.

7. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    omfg

i fixed it, and its awesome, super smooth, clear, etc, of coz its becoz its a dvd, lol

anyway i cant get that omph sound like in theaters coz my sound/speaker setup hasnt been optimized yet, and i've onli gotten the chance to try this at night, so sound dept still pending. i'll try again tmr morn or something =D

8. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Wah lau , u spend sooooo much money on dvd ah. whoa u sooooo rich.

9. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    not really, lol, just using my own working money since my parents give me pocket money to eat and such at times.

well the sound is great, but my soundcard/speakers are giving me enuf bass, sad. but all in all its a great dvd! =D

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I was also tempted to buy the new DVD at Sim Lim... but when I saw the price at a CRAZY $50, I refuse to buy!

I'll wait for the price to drop when many shops are selling, then I'll go to either BLUEMAX, GRAMAPHONE or CARREFOUR to get my Code 1 DVD!

11. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I've bought my STAR WARS Episode II DVD at LaserFlair today at S$42.90.

Here's my review: As of now, 8 hours after I've bought my DVD, I'm still watching!

For Disc 1, the first thing that hit me was: WHAT AN AMAZING DVD MENU! The MENU TOTALLY ROCKS! It was soooo interactive! Next, the GEM of this DVD - The movie it self. Thanks to George Lucas wonderful forsight, he shot the entire film on Digital Camera. And I tell u, once u pop in that DVD of urs, you'll see the wonders of digital filming! The details virtually just come out! No red halo or any blur pigments! Absolutely nothing! The entire movie is in crystal clear precision! GOSH! This is the only movie so far which really MADE USE OF THE AMAZING CLARITY OF DVD! I thoroughly enjoyes the spectacular THX system and the Surround EX! When Jango Fett fires his blaster from behind, when the Clonetrooper battle ship flies past the arena, when Count Dooku swings and slashes his lightsaber, you could hear all the so called "motion sound"! This is truly wonderful, but it's standard for any good DVD films.

Now, I'll move on to Disc 2. Now, I was perfectly clueless as to which segment I should explore first. Of coz, my greedy hands picked the DELETED SCENES and WOW again! My personal favourites are Padme's parents house and the departure of Obi Wan from Coruscant. Padme's parents segment is pretty much like a MEET THE PARENTS segment. Any more and I would expect the parents to discuss dowry matter with Anakin! Hahahahahaha! Obi Wan's departure from Coruscant definitely is effects loaded. For the first time, we see that the roof of the Jedi Temples are actually hangars for the Jedi Starfighter. And for the 1st time (again), we see the 1st ever space traffic lights above the skies of Coruscant! (So blue represents all go in Star Wars universe...) The rest of the deleted scenes are great and cool too! They'll be engraved into Star Wars history forever.

I enjoyed both the documentaries too! Wonderful! I especially love the "The Widowmaker" segment when George keeps asking the animators to go back and redo the final Yoda scene... now, you'll see the final words "Begun The Clone Wars Has!" in a different light!

The TV Spots and theatrical trailers are fabulous too! And this is my 1st time watching the "Across The Stars" MTV, so I was really delighted to watch it today.

One of the nicest thing DVD has brought to me is how different the WIDESCREEN experience is compared to the normal TV size. I saw some of the VCD version, and U'll truly miss out on A LOT OF THINGS! And the music plays such an important role in Star Wars movies, hence getting the DVD is even more worthwhile!

An added bonus to DVD is that there some footages of the Original Trilogy added to the features. They look absolutely wonderful! Hence, setting the road for the Original Trilogy on DVD after Episode III!

Wow! I still have sooo much watching to do! I'll better get on with my Star Wars DVD watching!

May The Force Be With You!

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow that really sounds interesting.. I saw the DVD today near my school but I'll wait until my exams are over ;)

Personally, I prefer widescreen format because u get the exact view which the movie was made to look like. But unfortunately I don't have 5.1 or 6.1 speakers, let alone Surround EX capability. All I have is my small computer screen :)

13. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    after reading that long review, i'm going to buy that damn thing this weekend!

14. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    It's revealed in Episode II DVD Directors Commentary by George Lucas that Mace Windu will be killed in Episode III.

And that Bail Organa will play a big big role in the next movie.

15. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    OK guys, I'm kinda reluctant to get BOTH the AOTC VCD and the AOTC DVD, so does anyone know if the Star Wars Connections stuff which is in the VCD is ALSO in the DVD??

Could it be hidden somewhere in the DVD like maybe as an Easter Egg??

If anyone has found it, please let me know, 'cos I really don't wanna get the VCD unless I really have no choice.

16. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I dun think the Connections docu is available on DVD... might be on Easter Egg. who knows?

But the loads and loads of Docus on DVD is more than enough to satisfy your thirst for Star Wars... beside the 10 Web docus, 3 featurettes, 2 Making of, there is this rather cute "R2-D2 - Beneath The Dome" Docu.

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah JediJean, I'd prefer the DVD. Your choice of course :)

18. emetiby

emetiby Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    whoa...the dvd is really something to invest in. the vcd has the problem of turning all those fast paced scenes (aka lightsaber duels) into thousands of irritating pixels.. BUT the dvd is so sharp and clear and the star wars theme was booming so clearly in my living room... really worth buying compared to buying a vcd.

THUMBS UP!

19. bluebereft

bluebereft Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Definitely the DVD.

Paying a little more for 10 times the sound, 100 times the graphics, and in all 1000 times the value, it IS worth the cost.

Okay, maybe I was exaggerating.

20. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    I want to buy but I don't have DVD player. only ROM

21. DARTH_CHI

DARTH_CHI Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    HA!!! be like me!!! I buy it only now in december so it only cost 15 bucks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.