main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Episode II DVD This November???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Okay, maybe I'm behind the times on this information. But I read today on theforce.net about a November 12th release date for Attack of the Clones. What a great holiday season this will be! 'Clones on DVD, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and of course the Two Towers.

LP ;)

2. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, AOTC will be released on DVD this November. I am also excited about the Two Towers.

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Excellent! What a great Christmas/Holiday season it will be!

4. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Unlike TPM, Lucas had his group prepare for ATOC on DVD while it was being filmed.

5. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Are you all still planning on coming up to Flag for the DVD-release bash? *hint, hint, wink, wink*

:D In costume I hope! *hint, hint, wink, wink*

6. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    If I can I would love to come up to Flag for a release bash. :)

7. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Dear Santa, What I want for Christmas is the new Star Wars DVD. I promise to be really, really good and go Flagstaff...

8. dago-bubba

dago-bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    I cant wait know all i have too do is geta DVD player haha

9. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    coming from someone who sells DVD players, take my advice:

If you shop at Best Buy, don't buy the Mintek. TRUST ME, you don't want that hassle.

Check the connections on the back of your TV, make sure you at least have AV inputs. S-Video is better, component is best. You will be buying cables besides the ones that come with it.

BUY THE SERVICE PLAN. Just do it. The 50 bucks you spend now will save you at least 50 bucks in repairs down the road.

(Sorry, I some times get into it. I think I've been working too much. I'm starting to sell in my free time.)

10. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Oki, with my engineering background I'm curious. What's wrong with the Mintek ?

11. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Dear Santa:

Ditto!

12. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    BUY THE SERVICE PLAN. Just do it. The 50 bucks you spend now will save you at least 50 bucks in repairs down the road.

Speaking from experience, the service plan is totally worth it. DVD players generally (mind you not all of them) have a life expectancy of two years, which is about how long it took for ours to conk out. Without the service plan we would have been stuck with buying another one. :) Thankfull we didn't have to cuz our plan replaced ours.

MJA

13. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Yeah, I heard that earlier. That is so cool!!! Now I can really use the portable DVD player that my mom just bought. :) I can see it now: me watching the Clones in my room while I'm supposed to be cleaning my room... I love it!!!

14. dago-bubba

dago-bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    belive me M_R I know i work at a babbages and where alway selling people new PS2's becuse the the DVD drive on it broke im alway's trying to get them to buy The PRP (priduct replacment plan) then i can just give them a new one when it breaks its easyer for me and cheaper for them

but thanks for the heads up

15. Master_Ronin

May 16, 2002
    Oki, with my engineering background I'm curious. What's wrong with the Mintek ?

Well let me put it this way. At least 25% of them get returned. The cheapest one has no LED display, so you have no clue where it's at or what it's doing. Problems I've seen them come back for: Unit would not turn on. When power was pushed, the standby light went off, then went back on with no further activity. Unit's tray would not open. Display would say OPEN, nothing would happen. Unit would not stop opening and closing.

You get the idea. You pay for crap, you get crap.

16. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    does the mintek have a light pipe or at least spdif?

17. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    can I chirp in here?

Those replacement plans are great for things with alot of moving parts (Like a VCR, washing machine or a refrigerator) I usually won't get them for mostly Solid State items (such as a DVD player ot Tube TV) if they don't go out in a couple of months, than they usually last a long time. I've never seen a good return for my money on these plans. I picked up a Sanyo DVD from Costco 3 years ago for super cheap (I think it was under $200 at the time) and it still works like a charm. Except I lost the remote! :(

Ok back on topic... This year is Rockin for movies! :D

18. Master_Ronin

May 16, 2002
    I assume you're talking about fiber optic cable and digital coax? It has digital coax for 5.1.

Diesel, you're one of the lucky few. DVD players are the second most serviced item at Best Buy, next to computers.

19. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Hey mine even survived 2 ewoks running around for a year! I guess I have been lucky, Although I'm pretty perticular about the brands I buy. No Sony for me. they just don't hold up physicly.

20. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey this is a little off topic but does anyone know what kind of cool features will be on the Fellowship of the Rings DVD? Possibly a Trailor for Two Towers??

LP :)

PS. I saw Goldmember last night (Very funny) and with it the Two Towers Trailor. My opinion on the trailor; TOO SHORT! SHOW US MORE!!! But what I saw looks awesome!

21. JarJarsEarwax

JarJarsEarwax Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    I bought my Sony DVD player when DVD's first came on the market. How many years ago was that? I bought it at Best Buy, and they only had a little wheely cart with DVD's on it. The player still works today! I bought the service plan and never used it. Not to say that it wouldn't have been helpful if I needed it. Well I paid $600 for the thing. YES laugh away. That is what I get for trying to stay up on the new electronics. INSERT THE WEDDING SINGER CD PLAYER REFERENCE HERE. :D

22. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Oooo...look at all the fancy extras!!! Cool!!

23. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    SWEET!!! SWEEET!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEET!! *gasp, gasp*

Ok, calming, calming....

There is no hysteria, there is the DVD...

YIPPEE! I can't wait! Remember to come to Flag in November for a DVD-Release event!!

24. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    They better have another featurette on the costumes!! **hoping and praying**

25. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    I hope at least some of those "deleted" scenes are incorporated into the actual film and not just the extra's disc. Like more of Owen & Beru.

nuf said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.