main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II - DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by tello999, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    heyo boyos,
    is there going to be a box set if any, when ?

thx

J K R

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    The TRU thing is just a promo going until Saturday or until supplies last. Supplies! :eek: The price matching thing may not fly because of this.

3. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey, it's worth a shot, now that I know there's a flyer. Thanks for letting me know, FennShysha; I'll swing by the Brookfield TRU on the way home tonight, see if I can snag a flyer.

I just checked Best Buy and Circuit City's websites: BB will refund the difference plus 10%. Online, it's selling for $16.99, so the refund would be $7.70. Circuit City says it'll refund 110% of the difference, and their price is $14.99, so the refund would be $5.50.

I couldn't find any mention of price guarantee on Walmart.com, but they are selling it for $17.88.

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.

-SJ

4. SkyJammer

Dec 4, 2000
    JKR,

Nothing's officially been said, but my guess is that at some point after Episode 3 is done and 4, 5, and 6 are mastered on DVD, we'll see a box set.

Since Lucas and co. have said it'll be after Ep 3 when we see the original Trilogy on DVD, I'm not waiting that long to buy Ep 2. :)

-SJ

5. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    12:19, just got home and put Mika to bed, and am the first person to have purchased EP II at the West Bend Walmart!!! I could very well be the first person in West Bend to LEGALLY own it!! :D And for $14.77, w/tax, $15.60. Ok, I'm going to go watch EP II now, good night all!

6. SkyJammer

Dec 4, 2000
    Congrats on your early purchase!

Me, I'm off to work and hoping I that 1) TRU still has some copies left at lunch time or 2) one of the BestBuy/Circuit City places will let me use the flyer to get price matching.

-SJ/Or 3) work spontaneously shuts down until tomorrow and I don't have to worry. :)

7. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Tom, I went to WalMart first because TRU doesn't open until 10 or so and I gotta be at work at 7:30. I was afraid TRU might sell out of widescreen copies by tonight. WalMart had AOTC for $14.xx so they price matched without any hesitation and also gave me an AOTC mini poster.

8. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I, too, purchased my copy at Walmart for $14.77. I was thrilled!! Were there many people at the West Bend Walmart Tracey? (By the way, how's the new place coming along?)
    I can't wait to watch it. Which will be tomorrow at the earliest because a) it's Tuesday and Buffy is on; b) I have to leave for work at 8pm. I am looking forward to this weekend SO much!

9. SkyJammer

Dec 4, 2000
    Cool, FennShysha! Maybe I'll hit WallyWorld before TRU in 1/2 an hour or so and hope they got mini-posters left....

-SJ

10. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    There was a hand full of people there, although, I was the first person at the entertainment center to wait. I got there about 11:30 or so, I only live 2 mins. away, but I didn't want to start another movie for Mika and have her either be into it and take her away or fall asleep before we left. As I was leaving, there were more people coming in. I got the fullscreen, but think I might get the widescreen later. I finally saw the difference between the two while watching AOTC last night. The part that made me notice it the most was the scene on Naboo in the morning when Anakin is talking about dreaming of his mom, the camera moves to him and loses/cuts Padme from the scene.
    Well, that's my observation anyway. I don't actually like widescreen because of the black on the top and bottom, seems like that is cut, well, to me anyway. :confused:

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    "I was afraid TRU might sell out of widescreen copies by tonight."

Point for Craig.

Your instincts serve you well. The widescreen copies were gone before noon. So I took my flyer to Best Buy and got them to price match it, plus I got a free AOTC calendar.

Also, before I left for Best Buy I stopped at Suncoast in Brookfield Square and picked up my reserved copy of the Ultra-Geek Edition of LOTR. Today, Peter Jackson has 6 times more money from me than George Lucas.

12. SkyJammer

Dec 4, 2000
    Score!

Went to Brookfield TRU over lunch -- plenty of VHS and Fullscreen versions left, but no widescreen.

Went to Brookfield Circuit City, flyer in hand. They called, asked TRU if "Star Wars 2" was in stock, TRU said yes, and I got the movie for $9.97 after tax.

Gotta love price-matching that makes the cost after tax less than the cost somewhere else before tax. :D

-SJ/Yeah, I don't get a calendar, but I haven't used a wall calendar in over a year. I'll deal. :D

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Oh, you suck! I had to pay a whole 53¢ more! :p

14. SkyJammer

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes, and with that extra 53¢ I can now buy a can of my favorite soft drink of choice. :p

-SJ/Maybe 2 cans if I get the real cheap stuff...

--EDIT--

Just saw this link down below on TF.n. Apparently WallyWorld, er, Wal*Mart is now selling the DVD for $9.96 for 2 days only.

Those of you who bought the DVD there should get those $5 or so back!

-SJ/Price matching rules.

15. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    ///jealousragin'

16. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I guess that means I'm gonna have to go back to WalMart and get a $.03 price reduction on the DVD I bought earlier today.

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  18. Com_Link_Jammin

Com_Link_Jammin Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Target on 27th street has the Episode I & II twin pack if anyone is looking for that. I bought the widescreen DVD Episode II, widescreen is the only way to go. If anyone spots the Widescreen version on VHS please give me a shout out. Target didn't have it. They did have the Extended version Lord of the Rings Gift Box with the book ends for $60.

19. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Went to the West Bend Walmart where I bought mine this afternoon and they still have EpII listed at $14.77. Wonder why?

20. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Probably don't price match if the other stores are not in that area. We have not Best Buy, Circuit City or ToyRUs so ours was $14.77 at our Walmart. The DVD was the same price so I bought both even thought I probably won't get my player until after Thanksgiving.

21. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I got mine at Worst Buy for $15.99 but I got the nifty free calendar with it.

Time to watch "Beneath the Dome". :)

22. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Widescreen Version, TRU 27th street, last copy.. $9.99. Irritating the spoiled brat's Dad behind me by sniping him...priceless.

m

23. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I didn't get the DVD yet, but my friend Maria got it for her son at a certain WalMart and paid a flat $10- for it. Congrats to her. I'll get it in the upcoming weeks ahead. Last night I went to a nude figure drawing class at MIAD. It was a refresher for me and definately something I've been meaning to do for a long time. I'd post my studies/the pics here except I don't want to have to upload them just to link them... besides, it might be taboo since they're nude, and I wouldn't want to offend small eyes (smirks).

24. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    HA!! Figured out the blooper reel, they are funny. Find if you get a chance, its short, but they are funny!! Hayden's a klutz!!

25. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Tracey, when you say "figured out," do you mean you have to type in a sequence of numbers as you do in TPM? Because on my player, it's a pain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.