Episode II, Episode III, Indy 4 then what?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Macho, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    What comes after these next 3 films in lucas's career retirement? I hope not I wanna see many more films, a brand new film that will strike us just as StarWars did in 1977
  2. ComicDude Jedi Knight

star 3
    Who knows? Maybe Willow II, or something better, something original.
  3. McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hopefully a special edition of Howard the Duck, and then in a few years a sequel!
  4. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'm hoping that after Star Wars, Lucas may start working on a sequel to Willow, based on the Shadow War books. :)
  5. random Jedi Padawan

wouldnt mind seeing Shadow Moon made into a Film (then i wouldnt have to read it =p)
  6. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I hope he does something in a similar style to American Graffiti, or even THX-1138. After Episode III, George will be in a position like Stanely Kubrick, where he'd be able to do whatever he wants, so hopefully he'll do something good!
  7. wedge 45 Jedi Knight

star 3
    He's said that most of the projects he's interested in are of a historical nature, that he likes Television (Young Indy was the most fun he had in film I think, at least up til TPM) though he thinks his sensibilities are probably too esoteric. I believe there was a project rolling around LFL called Redtails about the Tuskagee airmen that hasn't been made yet.
  8. Vonn Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought "Redtails" was the codename for TPM. In fact, I'm positive it was.
  9. Askaak Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm looking forward to something original from GL following his other upcoming projects. Not necessarily sci-fi or fantasy, either.
  10. Mike_Mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
  11. Duckman Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! Howard the Duck 2 would rule!
    :p
  12. Darth_Digital Jedi Master

star 4
    He`ll probably take a nice long break and attend to his family...

13. Howling-Gundark Jedi Padawan

I had heard that LucasFilm was thinking about a TV series like "Rouge Squadron" or something of the sort, but didn't want to saturate the media with Star Wars. They'd consider doing TV after EpII & III were finished.

The further adventures of Willow would be cool.(Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn, and Shadow Star)

Another cool option, since George isn't interested in more S.W. films... How about animated or CGI flicks based off of Hier to the Empire, Jedi Acedemy, or Rouge Squadron? LucasFilm could team up with Fox for something like Titan A.E. or Square for something like Final Fantasy.

14. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    On the tv interview with Carrie Fisher the other day, he says after Episode III (he didn't mention Indy but it's assumed he'll do it), he wants to cool off a little and go into TV production. Carrie Fisher then asked him what kind of television, and Lucas said probably something having to do with the Roman Empire. He said he was particularly drawn to the politics of that era -- what made it great, and what caused it to finally crumble and fall.

It will probably be very historical/educational like the TV Indy series. It sounded to me he felt he was too old to create a whole new film franchise or direct more gargantuan productions. It looks like we'll get a quieter Lucas in the years ahead, though I think he's earned a break.
  15. Howling-Gundark Jedi Padawan

You do know that Lucas himself doesn't have to be directly invovled. George might take a step back and let Lucasfilm do the work. George can serve a producer, or consultant to fims and televsion shows relating to Indy, Star Wars, and Willow.

I'm casting my vote for the expanded Star Wars universe to make it to the big screen by way of animation or CGI animation.

16. unclejay73 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I posted a poll last week, about Lucas starting LucasAnimation, posted in the Star Wars Miscellanious forum. Check it out!! I think he should do that!
  17. StarDude Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd like to see Lucas work with mythology some more. Perhaps he could do a telling of "The Odyssey," something Greek. I like the idea of him doing historical things like the Roman Empire.
  18. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I'd say Indy 5, but by then Ford would be mid-early 60's and Connery could very well be dead. So I'll leave well enough alone with Indy.

I would be amazed to see Lucas take on the might of Rome. Ceasar Lucas!
  19. StarDude Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, as for Indy 5 and so forth, you do realize that the movies are random adventures. They could always do one set when Indy was 13, like in The Last Crusade. They wouldn't call it "Young Indiana Jones" though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.