main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ ** Episode II Figures!! **

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I read JK Rowlings unauthorised biography in Borders once. That place is like a library for poor uni students.

Hey, I wonder if they got in the AOTC books?

2. DarthSpader

DarthSpader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    No books at borders yet.......the lady at dymocks told me that the publishers won't release the book until the movie is out so it isn't spoiled......what a load of jizz.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Looks like someone at the book distributors goofed - at least for the Dorling Kindersley Visual Dictionary and Incredible Cross-sections books.

They seem to have thought the books were to be sealed until yesterday - so they're only just opening up the shipping boxes to sort out the distribution to the shops - means they won't be available until next week. :(

4. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Picked up a few figures from Manukau and Airport warehouses, will try Newmarket and St Lukes tomorrow

Any one else seen the Luke/Darth Bespin figures other than Kitt

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Newmarket warehouse is crap for Star Wars toys.

They MAY have goten stuff in, but they're usually way behind everywhere else and have a real limited selection.

6. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    DS: I went at around 1 or 2, then left when I finished the book. :) There were a couple who sat at the other side of the table (in the childrens section) and they were so annoying... :mad: That wasn't you was it? 8-}

Kitt: That place is like a library for poor uni students.

I totally agree. :D Would you be nice enough to get me some from the JA series? I could read it during my lecture breaks and give it back to you, in the same day. :D Pleeeeeeeaaaaase? :)

EDIT: I mean from the Manukau libraries.

7. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Sure, Lisa. Which numbers haven't you read? They've got from 1-14 I think.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, I was totally wrong.

Newmarket Warehouse has an excellent selection of Episode 2 figures, many of which I didn't notice at Newmarket Toyworld. Love that R2 with the lights & sounds. They had lots of Reek (Reeks?), Jedi Starfighters & lightsabers too.

No new LEGO though :(

9. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Any Luke/Darth Bespin stuff JP?

Maybe have a look tomorrow

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I've been around a few Warehouse, K-Mart and ToyWorld shops this morning - nothing much different anywhere.

I got my Zam Wessel and Anakin Skywalker Speeders and a Reek.

I found the Bespin Duel Luke and Vader figures at K-Mart (plenty at St Lukes, but not Henderson). St Lukes K-Mart have a display near the entrance and more on the normal figures shelves.

I can't find four of these initial figures, maybe they haven't been released here yet:
    • 15 - Geonosian Warrior
    • 16 - Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
    • 20 - Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
    • 21 - Nikto Jedi Knight

:(

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Ummmm. Only Ep2 figs at Newmarket Warehouse (other than a few of those oldish ben/vader duel packs).

There was a Bespin Vader, and other OT stuff at the Newmarket Toyworld, though.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm pretty sure Newmarket Toyworld has Saesee Tiin. Can't recall seeing the other 3 you mention though.

13. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Looks like St Lukes K Mart i must go then

Damm Having to work!!! why is there no good toy stores in the CBD

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

St Lukes had quite a few of each Bespin Duel figure, so they SHOULD still be some left tomorrow - they may even have some ANZAC Day sale prices, but I wouldn't count on it.

15. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    i will cross my fingers
    hopefully get there tomorrow about opening time

i think that maybe best

thanks for the info Buzz

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

DOH! I forgot to mentaion that Farmers also has some of the Episode II figures and vehicles - just in case someone lives nearer to a Farmers than a Warehouse.

17. rhysati_ynr

rhysati_ynr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    The Toyworld in Wellington has both those figures the luke and vader bespin versions maybe your local one could get them to courier a couple for you i dunno just a thought

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    From wat i have read at the collecting fourm cout dooku royal guard and yoda are the hardest to find

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Nope, there are plenty of those figures around here in NZ.

It'll be the greedy scum in America, and elsewhere, that are buying them all to sell on eBay (aka ScamBay or ScumBay) at over-inflated prices. :(

20. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    I saw two Chancellor's Guards and a couple of Count Dooku (regular figures) yesterday.

I think I've seen all of them except for Yoda :( I spent ages today trying to find him. Perhaps they're waiting to release large supplies of him...there is a possible spoiler with him..

Saw several Geonosian Warriors, Dexter Jettsters (he rocks! :D), Saesee Tiins and Niktos...K-Mart has a very good selection.

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's quite a few Yoda's around up here in Auckland.

I'll swap you one Yoda for all four of my missing figures. :p

22. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Talking about spoilers ... the Count Dooku one which comes with the flipping board is labeled with what I thought was quite a major spoiler.

23. DarthSpader

DarthSpader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Lil' Lisa - I only looked at the sci-fi section and then walked out disgruntled because I saw no novel or pretty AOTC picture books.........:(

24. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    well I got my jango fett with removable helmet and firing missile from the warehouse at Northlands. they also had deluxe figures with sound and or flipping action, lightsabers, jedi starfighters, and reeks

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Farmers is having an ANZAC Day sale, including 15% off toys - not sure if that includes the new Episode II stuff, but it should do.

K-Mart are also having a "store wide" sale, but I missed seeing if that was today or over the weekend.

The Episode II R2-D2 is THE best R2 yet. :D Could do with wheels on the bottom though.

How are they going to top it for Episode III? Make it move perhaps, even if just the head rotated side-to-side. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.