main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ ** Episode II Figures!! **

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I've never wento looking for toys in Farmers. I've been to Kmart at St Lukes for a few times and they never have a lot of SW stuff. I don't collect anything but it's fun to look. :D

2. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    IMO, the R2 with holo Leia looks much better. But I haven't bought the AOTC R2, so it may be better unpackaged.

3. rhysati_ynr

rhysati_ynr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    I was talking to someone and they said R2 beeps but that im not sure about lol just what they told me

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah, it does beep and light up I think. My Artoo keyring does that as well.

Hey, does anyone know if the warehouse is having a sale today?

5. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

The Warehouse was having SOME sale prices, but I don't think toys was one - mainly bedding.

K-Mart St Lukes has probably the biggest selection I saw during my travels yesterday - including T-shirts (kid's sizes I think).

Edit:
    I just saw another advert - K-Mart's 15% off sale is today and tomorrow (Thursday and Friday).

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    K mart had LOTS.
    yup 15% off everything...

They also had LEGO Deluxe collectors edition X-Wing fighters. $199 with 15% off = $170. Me want.

7. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Im a sad panda went scouting shops today and invers only has 12 of the 23 avilable figures

8. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    did you just call yourself a sad panda??

Thats just classic. I might just have to use that one day [face_laugh]

9. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yep, 15% off Thurs and Fri, all stores open til 9pm. Figures for $14.30, not bad.

Picked up Bespin Vader and Luke.

I love the way Luke comes with a suckon-cap cloud city vane so you can hang him from your ceiling, lol.

BTW, has anyone been finding the magnets on the figures are far too weak? They can pick up a gun or lightsaber, but that's about it. They don't 'jump into their hand' as it says on the packet. Misleading advertising!!

10. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Does anyoen know where I can get a lightsaber. I've always wanted one. Any will do, jsut as long it isnt too budge. What kinds area vailable in NZ.
    Cheers

11. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    What you mean like a real one? :D

They've got toy ones from AOTC everywhere now. You pay around $69.95, and they make movie sounds, light up, everything you'd want.

Or else you can by an imitation cheap one, usually called 'lazer swords' or 'lazer sabers' because the name 'lightsaber' is copyrighted to LFL, for around 10-20 bucks.

12. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks Kitt. yeah I want a real one. When I'm rich, I'm gonna do heaps of research to make them.
    Do you know whereabouts exactly has the good kind of sabers, good as in official LFL ones?

13. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    If you mean the $69.95 ones, they should be available at most stores carrying Episode II toys. You can buy Anakin's, Obi-Wans and Dooku's. Quite good :)

Later they'll probably release the 'basic' sabers. Still LFL, just without the fancy light and sound etc., and a little shorter. I got a basic Ep1 saber (not the really thick ones with thin blades) from Deka last year, and it's got a far better blade than any of my others. It fully retracts into the handle, too. They'll be worth watching out for, and will be somewhat cheaper.

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's some great looking replica lightsaber handles (and a Han Solo pistol) at Master Replicas - Note: possible Episode II spoilers

One of them isn't an exact replica, but it does light up.

EXPENSIVE though, and limited in numbers.

15. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    Expensive, and you can't hold backyard lightsaber battles ;)

16. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Went to K Mart Yesterday (St Lukes was packed) got the figures i wanted and all 15% off yeah!
    They had a good selection but no R2-D2 or C-3PO strange,

Does any one know of any variations in the C-3PO? mine the two lower leg plates are the same and my brothers are different

why did i open the package?

Any one see any of the new Endor Soldiers??

17. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I didn't see any Obi's lightsabers at St Lukes yesterday. :confused: Surely they are not that popular. I think the t-shirts come in adult sizes too. :)

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    new endor soliders are fan club exclusives

farmers has all figures here bar count dooku yoda and royal guard and luke and vader

19. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    obi wans saber is the harder saber to find due to the way the cases are packed

20. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    found a card variation the other day, Super battle droid. some have stickers on the back over the part that shows you what the figure does, some don't.

And whats with the little holographic backdrops on some figures? pesonally I think they look silly.

21. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    card backdrop was ment to go in ever figure but the packaging line stuffed up and only some figures got them

got plo kloon and siasee tiin today. force things r stupid figures cool

two moans saisee hand is to big to hold saber properly and the figures have holes in there belts but the sabers dont have pegs to hang them on

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I think these figures were a bit rushed in the packing - there TONS of "variations": with/without backgrounds, sticker changes, etc.

Thankfully I don't bother buying every single "version". :)

23. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    lots of sites on google showing how to make your own replica saber, also how to make stormtrooper armour and rifles

24. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Went to a warehouse in chch wat a poo selection they had i was quite sad

25. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Man i'm missing out on so much. I haven't even been into any stores yet. I only saw the packaging for the first time on the news last night with the interview with J&D.

There's just so much going on at the moment [face_plain] Busy, busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.