main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ ** Episode II Figures!! **

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c9902253

c9902253 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Hi, i'm new here but i thought i'd let everyone know that i can get figures for $17 in mint condition..from a mysterious source.
    Any hoo, if you buy a few you may get a free something. I can also get the Deluxe figs for $24, beasts are $40.80 and the ships are: Slave 1 - $75, Troopship (coming soon) - $116.

Just ask myself or Cen if you want more info about me.

Thanks.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    ah, hello "Chansplaces' friend".

Welcome to the boards.

3. c9902253

c9902253 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    hi, hows it going?

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, does anyone know if they're putting out an Acklay toy? Or a Nexu? The Reek was cool, but the other two beasties were cute as well :D

5. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Hi .... I'm also new ... be gentle.

Is anyone else annoyed by the severe selection of figures in shops right now? I live in Auckland, and I went on a bit of a mission on the weekend, and went into a whole lot of Warehouses and Farmers stores, as well as a fair few Toyworlds, and cou;dn't find any of the figures i was looking for. (Yoda, plo Koon etc.)

I ended up firing off a really vitrioloc letter to Hasbro. I realise that shops got burnt by ordering in way too many toys last ime round, but you have to have *some* selection, surely?

OK .... rant over. Isn't the film great though?

Lawrence

6. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Newbies galore - mucho welcome and don't forget to join the Star Wars NZ club. :D

Sorry guys/gals. The first set of Episode II figures were released a few weks before the movie and are now pretty much all gone from Warehouse branches (in Auckland anyway).

You could try ToyWorld branches - they cost a little more and so still have some left. Also try the K-Mart branches, they had a lot more stock than the Warehouse branches, so may still have quite a bit left.

Another good source is the Iconix shop in hastings that does mail-orders.

The problem is that many shops did get badly burnt by over-stocking Episode I figures (the ToyWorld in Browns Bay is still trying to sell some off at full price) and are now getting less Episode II stock. BUT that's not Hasbro's fault, that was really the greediness of the shops trying to cash in on the latest craze, which didn't really happen - there's just too much stuff around these days for anything to stand out.

7. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Welcome C9902253 and STH

Tell us more about yourselves

Always good to have a few more eyes looking for figures

K-Mart has been good lately but who knows how long it will last

And look at joining Star Wars NZ, listen to the wise Buzz.

8. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > tell us more about yourself

For God's sake, why?

Ummm .... 27 years old. Long term Star Wars fan. In that, I saw all the films when they came out, and didn't low my figures up with firecrackers when they became unfashionable in the late 80s. Thus far I've only seen AOTC twice, but will hopefully take a day off work ltewr this week and go by myself.

What else .... I'm married, and for a living (if you could call it that) I'm a multimedia developer for a childrens' book publisher. (Not DK, alas ....) Other than Star Wars my main passion is indie music, which is where most of my money goes nowadays. If anyone wants to start a Star Wars/Belle & Sebastian thread, I'm in!

Right, back to work I guess .....

Lawrence

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Also u live in NZ more than half the stuff never comes to nz nz is poo for toys email me a list of wat your looking for i might be able to get down here the toys dont go very fast down here in the deep sourh

Chans mate i need a yoda and count dooku

also is the republic gunship going to come to the warehouse i want one of them for my bday

10. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I hope I'll never start collecting figures. It sounds like so much work. I might even live longer! 8-}

11. c9902253

c9902253 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Hi ACERIMMERROCKS i'm ordering a couple of cases of the Yoda/Dooku wave soon, so if you want them give us an e-mail and i'll give you the details.
    e-mail me at cblair@zip.co.nz

12. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Collecting figures is fun

My only problem now is deciding what to collect after seeing the movie i am begining to want Clones Troopers that is going to be very costly

The gunship is cool i agree Ace when is your B'day
    I wonder if we will get it here?

Does anyone know when the next release of figures will be?

Must stick to buying figures from the original trilogy.

13. c9902253

c9902253 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Hey, Kit327 and Simplythrilledhoney read my above message and do the same - i can get what you are looking for and they will be releasing the other beast figures soon.

14. c9902253

c9902253 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Hey FarmboyNZ i can get most of the assortments now if you want to know whats in them see my previous messages for contact details. Oh and yeah, i've been a member of SWNZ for over a year now.

15. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Warning Brutal Honesty ahead

I just saw the new EPII figures for the first time in person about an hour ago at the local warehouse. {Shock horror} you say, i've only just seen them!

Well to get to the guts of the post I thought that the figures were crap. The worst i've seen since... ever. I saw Mace in a yelling pose, Luke with his hand sliced off (bespin) Darth was ok (join me in the dark side scene) Jango fett was average to say the least and oh for the dissapointment with the packaging. I found myself wondering for about 5 minutes whether or not I was actually looking at bootleg figures.

What's happened since the fantastic looking POTJ series?

Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming cause I have no desire in currently owning a single ep2 figure. Please tell me they get better!

16. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Well, I'd say the Jango Fett with the removeable helmet is one of the nicest figures I've ever seen. And I like the new Yoda.

But yes ... a lot of them are quite gimmicky.

Oh well ....

Lawrence

17. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

I can't say I've had time to look that closely at them yet, but the R2 with the beeping and flashing is one of the best R2's yet - although evidently it's a new copy of the old FX version (which I didn't get).

There are messages on the Usenet newsgroups of the mganets used to hold the severed bits being either too weak to hold them, or falling out entirely. In fact, there's supposedly a varioation on the Bespin Luke that doesn't use a magnet for the hand, but uses a plastic peg (like the good ol' days).

18. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Was in Kmart at Mount Maunganui yesterday

They have heaps of figures EpII and last few runs of POTJ,

nothing new,

Picked myself up another Teebo (oh way oh way does it come with a spear not an axe) and another Bespin Guard

19. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I looked atthe figures and...maybe it was just me, but I thought the 'less important' characters are sculpted quite well, while the main characters have crap faces. :confused: Curious isn't it...

20. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Most of the "less important" characters aren't human. Human faces, especially ones based on real-life actors, are a lot harder to sculpt.

It strikes me that Kit Fisto seems to be the lead peg-warmer. Every store I've been into seems to have massive amounts of Kit Fisto (which is annoying when you're looking for another green lightsaber-wielding being).

Anakin's arm magnet (Hangar Duel) is way too weak. His arm falls off very easily (and you don't want that arm near Deluxe Obi-Wan -- his foot magnet is so strong it may fly off and stick to him :D).

I still think Artoo w/ holo Leia is a better sculpt than AOTC Artoo...

21. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Again I ask will there be any models that you actually have to put together yourself? I want a speeder to put next to my podracer, or a jedi starfighter or a republic gunship or....

22. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Was at Toyworld Manukau. They've got the republic gunship lego, plus technic jango fett and super battle droid.
    At Papatoetoe K-mart they've got the AOTC trading card game, plus booster packs.

the only rareish figure I saw was Plo Kloon.

23. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    DO not buy the new trading card game it is utter rrubbish compared to the old CCG if any ones think about starting this rubbish i will send u a selection of old CCG cards to make u change your mind

went to warehouse today saw remanents of headless jango wave pity no jango or vader i wanted

24. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    c9902253 -- are you going to have access to the 12" Jango (with removeable armour etc.)?

25. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001

Well Hellooooo...

I must say, after a couple of days of not being here, theres alot of reading (so forgive me if i repeat anything) welcome to all the newcomers, hope you enjoy your stay :)

I used to be one who collected every single figure, but since the POTJ series (which there was a considerable lack of towards the end of the line) I have given up trying to hunt them down or even send away for them. I agree with SWNZ, they were very cool figures, and I have been a little disappointed with some EII figures. The good thing about not being a completist is that you don't get disappointed when you cant find a figure (unless its one you really want.) I won't be getting the Reek (ugly!) or the speeders, might grab the slave 1 if it goes cheap. I think Lil_lisa is right, I reckon i'll live longer now :D

welcome to the boards, c9902253. I'll have to introduce you to everyone, you probably met a few at the premiere but have no idea who is who. don't you all just love the anonymity that the forums provide??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.