main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ ** Episode II Figures!! **

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Well Hellooooo...

I must say, after a couple of days of not being here, theres alot of reading (so forgive me if i repeat anything) welcome to all the newcomers, hope you enjoy your stay :)

I used to be one who collected every single figure, but since the POTJ series (which there was a considerable lack of towards the end of the line) I have given up trying to hunt them down or even send away for them. I agree with SWNZ, they were very cool figures, and I have been a little disappointed with some EII figures. The good thing about not being a completist is that you don't get disappointed when you cant find a figure (unless its one you really want.) I won't be getting the Reek (ugly!) or the speeders, might grab the slave 1 if it goes cheap. I think Lil_lisa is right, I reckon i'll live longer now :D

welcome to the boards, c9902253. I'll have to introduce you to everyone, you probably met a few at the premiere but have no idea who is who. don't you all just love the anonymity that the forums provide??

2. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Brought mace windu genosian rescue today worst figure so far manly due to one of his arms with an elbow joint which is loose as and a huge hole in his sleve also this figure is impossible to get to stand buy himself Action features suck

im trying to get one of every jedi in this set and padme all the jangos except the duluxe and some of the alien/background characters

3. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Just went into The Warehouse in that new-ish shopping centre by Mt. Wellington. Sorry ... don't know what said complex iI called.

Anyhow, they had some rare figures (well, ones I hadn't see yet) like the Nikto Jedi Knight and Saesee Tiin, plus a couple of Red Guards, Jar-Jar Senator etc.

... if anyone is interested.

Lawrence

4. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Has anyone actually sen a yoda yet? I've been looking for one for ages and cannot seem to find one, on the plus side have seen several dexter jettsters at K-mart in Riccarton.

5. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    I have seen, i have a Yoda
    do you want me to go out and look for one for you Graal, PM if you want

Have not seen any Dexters/Niktos up here thou maybe a trip out to Mt Wellington Warehouse is called for

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I saw almost all the figures at Manukau Warehouse on April 23rd, including Yoda. A week later, they were almost all gone ... before the movie had even come out. I mean, I understand they didn't want to overstock, but that really is ridiculous.

On a plus side, at Manukau warehouse today, I saw they had the Ep 2/Star Wars version of the Game of Life. Me want!!!

7. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    I think Christchurch is completely devoid of Yoda, Graal.

8. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I wrote Hasbro a letter complainig bitterly about how hard most of the figures were to come by. I got a pretty prompt response, but basically a bunch of jargon-y bollocks about them selling so well etc. etc.

On the plus side (for me) I went into Gotham Comics in Onehunga, Auckland, and scored 10 EP II figures for $8.00, inc. Yoda. They had been bought in by someone from Hasbro, and the packets had been slit along the bottom. But I take mine out of their blister cards anyway, so I was chuffed. Not sure if there are any more left there now, but it might be worth checking out Aucklanders/

9. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Don't bother with the Mt Wellington branch of The Warehouse, I went there about 10:30am this morning (Wednesday) and there's nothing there now except the "ordinary" left-overs. Nothing at Botany Downs branch of The Warehouse either. :(

10. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Sorry for the false alarm, Buzz-Bumble. There was definately a fair few good un's yesterday. Which of course means they're selling fairly well.

Which makes me wonder why on earth they don't just get more in stock. Anyone got a Captain Typo/Jay L'aigia figure yet? I want one for my Naboo Starfighter.

This situation really bugs me. It seems that we, as a net literate community who hear about things pretty quickly are still having trouble finding figures. How is some 8 year old kind who comes out of the fim completely blown away, and who wants a Yoda action figure, going to get one?

C'mon Hasbro ... raise you game!

Lawrence

11. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    damn the 8 year old!! wheres my yoda?

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

SimplyThrilledHoney: Sorry for the false alarm, Buzz-Bumble.

No problem. The Red Guards were still there, but no Nikto or SaeSee Tiin (or the other two I'm still looking for). :(

I got my figures via mail-order from the Iconix shop in Hastings. They did get four of the first release for some strange reason, but they may still have some of the ones you guys are looking for.

13. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    typho wave down here at toyworld good idea im going to get him tio stick in my fighter to

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I meant to say before, The Warehouse has got Spider-Man movie figures if anyone's interested, but I didn't look at the prices.

15. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    So whos got all the figures then?

There are heaps of Niktos about down here, Saw a Yoda before the movie release but not since. Still no Typho or Dookus.

Got me a Dexter and a Geonosian today, theres one Dexter left in K-mart Riccarton if anyones interested.

16. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    I opted to make the most of the weekend and went to Farmers in Pakuranga - they had 15 % off all toys, so i got 2.50 off each figure. Ended up getting Vader(Bespin Duel), Luke (Bespin Duel w/ removable hand), Jango Fett (Final Battle) and I got a Amidala in chains :D

17. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Went to duniden in the weekend went to k mart got Obi Wan coursant chase, Shak Ti and a sneak peek Clone Trooper

Shak TI is now my fav figure every one get here now

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Edit: DOH!! Double post - HOPELESS Ihug! :(

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I just got an email from the Iconix shop. It looks like a few more figures are on the way ...
    • Mastiff / Astro
    • Geonosian Warrior
    • Dexter Jetster - Coruscant Informant
    • Endor Rebel Soldier
    • Orn Free Taa
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    Evidently Hasbro NZ have already sold out of stock - supposedly anyway. :)

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Thanks to hopeless Ihug, any messages I post in the evening get posted, but are timed-out before the date process moves them to the top of the list. :(

Anyway, a few new figures a comin' as above.

21. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    I think that a Kmart, warehouse, toyworld run maybe in order

I wonder when they will start putting out the new figures

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I'm not sure. I just got another email from Iconix to say the figures had arrived there, so maybe the big stores will have them on the shelf very soon.

My order was being shipped from Iconix today - so I should get them tomorrow. :)

23. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Off to Kmart in St lukes tongiht

Will report later

Went to Warehouse Downtown (Auckland) yesterday

No new figures just a few Maces and Reeks

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Has anyone who got Dexter Jetster in the last release noticed that the images on the back of the card seem to show him smoking a pipe, but there's no pipe on/with the actual figure? Must have been a last minute change.

25. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah there was a change with that figure Buzz

Didn't make it to Kmart last night so off there tonight on the way home

Anyone seen the new figures anywhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.