main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Episode II-III AU-Ani/Ami/Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tvdunlop, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That was awesome. Obiwan is right to be worried. I like the part about linking arms to appear to be a happy married couple.

You are doing a good job.

2. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    Chapter 16: An Old Friend, an Ex-Lover

"Where are we going?" Padme asked tiredly. She was due any day and although she knew the constant travel was necessary she was still sick of it. "Aldeeran," the Jedi besides her replied. Padme's eyes widened, "What?" she exclaimed. "Padme, I realize that he is your ex-husband, but please listen. Aldeeran has very little Galactic presence, Bail is a strong well respected senator and this is the last place anyone would suspect considering your past history with him." She sighed, "Does he know?" "I sent him a message and received a reply yesterday; he was more than willing to assist us." Obi Wan said truthfully. They landed on the docking bay, Padme saw Bail waiting to greet them. The two men embraced and Bail turned to Padme.

Bail:She was as beautiful as the day I met her. Her body swelled with pregnancy still held its regal pose and her presence was striking. Her face was pale though and her eyes hollow and empty. I had heard from Obi Wan about the fall of Anakin Skywalker and my blood boiled at the thought of her suffering. "Come inside," I said putting my arm around her, "We'll get you settled somewhere quiet."

Padme: I hadn't seen him in almost a year. He had actively fought alongside me to try and find the corruption in the senate, but we'd never crossed paths after we left the secluded courthouse. He had aged a little, but his smile and mannerisms hadn't changed. I found myself wondering again what my life would have been like had I stayed with him. Would I have been happier, would Anakin have fallen, would I have grown to love him as I'd loved Ani?

Obi Wan: I watched them approach each other. They looked like they were strangers yet there was a touch of familiarity there which I'd been hoping for. I knew after the initial awkwardness had worn off that she would feel safest with him. She'd confided to me in our travels that he had made her feel safe and protected in a different way than Anakin had. I understood the difference and hoped his presence and protection would ease her anxiety.

They walked to the large palace and Bail showed them to their rooms, "You two are next to each other, there's an adjoining door which locks on both sides. There are security cameras on twenty four hours a day, the front doors, back doors and ground floors are all well guarded. There are guards on the roof, and in the watch towers as well as civilian spies in the streets to warn of incoming invasions. There is a quick transport system. The information reaches my head of state in less than five minutes via the small holograms that go straight to his office. He has a beeper com with a private code that activates mine; my top three men have it. I can have us down to the hatch and out in less than five minutes to a safe unknown destination that has already been prepared for such an event. The empire should not be able to locate your whereabouts." Obi Wan nodded satisfied and turned to Padme, "Perhaps you would like to rest?" he looked worried about her. Padme nodded and turned to Bail, "Thank you so much," her eyes were gentle and caring. He nodded and she went inside closing the door behind her.

The two men walked downstairs and out onto the main balcony. "Whew," Bail let out a breath as he sat down. "Are you alright?" Obi wan inquired. "Yes, it's just seeing her after all these months and so changed." He finally said. "Anakin changed her," Obi Wan agreed. "What happened to her in all this?" he asked finally. Obi Wan told Bail how he'd fought Anakin, "then I returned to Naboo and told her that he'd fallen into the lava. She told me she was pregnant and just a few days later we learned of Darth Vader's existence and who he was before he became Darth Vader. I escaped him and we fled to the nearest space port. We've been in hyperspace for eight months almost non-stop." "She's pretty close to her time then?" Bail asked. "Within a month, but twins are usually premature so it could be any time now." Obi Wan replied. "How is she emotionally

3. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That was wonderful. Simply wonderful. The way you had Padme feel safe with Bail was sweet. and the Dialogue between Bail and Obiwan was excellent. You could tell they were old friends and both cared for Padme and would like to get there hands on Anakin and tell him a thing or two.

4. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Chapter 17: The Twins
    A week later Padme went into labor. She wished with all her heart that Anakin was there, the pain she felt physically was nothing compared to her emotional turmoil. Obi Wan was worried because he could feel her pain through the Force. Once again he felt the terrible guilt over his part in her pain, none of this should have happened, not to her. The nurse bent over Padme, "Push milady." Padme groaned wishing Anakin could be with her. "Ani," she whispered through cracked lips. She glimpsed a light suddenly but a shot of pain brought her back and she struggled to push.

Bail and Obi Wan sat outside, Bail's face was pale, "Is she alright?" he asked. Obi Wan frowned, "I can't tell, I think so." Bail got up and started to pace, "Over the last year I've wondered about her. I never heard what happened, and now that I know I feel like a fool." Obi Wan's eyes held sympathy for his friend, "You were not a fool Bail." The older man sighed, "It seems like so long ago that she agreed to marry me, but now that I look back on it, she was already in love with Anakin." Obi Wan nodded, "Your marriage to her wasn't meant to be, but neither was her one to Anakin." "Why can't she find happiness with someone?" Bail asked, "She deserves it more than anyone I know." Obi Wan looked down unable to find an answer, "It makes no sense," he said finally, "She was dealt a bad hand in life, but she's borne it well." Just then another nurse rushed by and both men frowned. The other nurse came out, "Her ladyship is tiring, do we have your permission to up the dosage of medication?" Obi Wan hesitated, "What did she say?" The nurse shook her head, "We didn't ask her." "May I see her?" Obi Wan asked. The nurse hesitated, then she nodded.

Obi Wan entered the senator's room his breath catching in his throat as he saw the pale sweaty clammy woman sprawled out on the bed her huge stomach pointing towards the ceiling. He sat beside her and took her hand gently, "Padme?" Padme felt so tired but she heard the voice and she managed to open her eyes to see Obi Wan, she tried to say something but no words came out. "Shussh, don't try to talk. Just nod yes if you want more pain medication." Padme nodded slowly. Obi Wan wiped her forehead and nodded to the nurse, "Give her more medication." The nurse injected it into Padme's stomach and left the room. Obi Wan stroked her hair away from her face, "Hold on Padme, your children want to meet you." A smile crossed her face, "If I don't survive, tell them I love them." Her voice was barely audible. "No, you will live." Obi Wan said firmly. Her eyes begged him to promise her, he looked away. "Please," her voice was almost gone. He nodded, "I will Padme." Her eyes closed and a small smile spread across her face. Just then a contraction gripped her and she cried out. The nurse entered and said softly, "Alright Padme, one of your children wants to come out." Padme pushed again and Obi Wan tried to calm her through the Force. Soon the baby slipped out, "It's a boy," she said. Obi Wan stared at the boy memorized, Anakin's son had an almost golden glow around him. "Is he alright?" Padme managed to ask. "He's beautiful." Obi Wan said. Just then Padme began to push and suddenly the second baby slipped out, a girl. At that moment Obi Wan felt Padme's life force weaken. "No," he exclaimed bending over the young woman, "Padme, no!!"

5. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh that was wonderful. I love the interaction in this post between Padme and Obiwan where she asks him to tell the children that she loves them. Then the last part with him saying no padme no. :( That was a good cliffhanger.

"Your marriage to her wasn't meant to be, but neither was her one to Anakin." "Why can't she find happiness with someone?" Yes she was suppose to marry someone else. Lets see Obiwan maybe. ;)

6. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Just a few more chapters left.

Chapter 18: Between Two Worlds
    Padme lay suspended between life and death. Obi Wan could feel her fading slowly away and he fought to hold onto her presence with the Force, Don?t leave he cried out, don't leave your children without a mother. He sat by her bed for almost three days begging her to come back.

The light beckoned to her and Padme reached for it. It was there, after all the darkness she'd lived through in the past nine months; she wanted nothing more than to leave it forever. "Before you go," a soft voice sounded behind her. She turned to see Sabe standing there, "What are you doing, I thought you were dead," she said. "I am, but I've been sent to show you your choice. You can leave this life now, but your children will need you, don't leave them." Padme shook her head, "Bail will care for them," she said finally. Sabe shook her head, "He will, but they need a mother Padme." Padme shook her head, "I don't want to survive anymore." Sabe smiled at her, "Look at your life Padme, look at the man who gave you happiness, don't you owe his children something, whatever you have left to give." Padme turned and watched her life events pass by. There were the early years of growing up, doing community service, parties and picnics, national meetings, and her election day. How frightened she'd been that day, she smiled at the memory of her 14 year old self making her acceptance speech. She'd been so idealistic. "I pledge to you all, I will not let this planet's cultures, or traditions die, together we will fight for the continuing peace of Naboo, we will unite against our enemies and we shall be invincible." Padme snorted softly and started when Sabe spoke in her ear, "Remember that girl, the one who was sure there was something good in all the bad?" "I can't believe we were the same person," Padme responded watching her years as Queen flew by.
    Then there was the Trade Federation blockade, the Jedi, and meeting Ani. The images paused for a moment and Padme studied the little boy, there was nothing to indicate anger, fear, or darkness, he was just a little boy. "Your son could be just like that Padme," Padme nodded allowing the tears to flow as the images started moving again. Her time as Queen ended but she agreed to serve as a Senator, then she returned to Corsaunt where she met up again with Obi Wan and Anakin. Again there was nothing indicating darkness but Padme could tell something had changed within him. "He started changing back then Padme, nothing you did made it worse. You have to stop blaming yourself for his failure." She watched the recent events unfold again before her eyes and she saw Anakin falling. "I know," she whispered, "You must heal, so that you can grieve, not for your mistakes or what he became but for the death of your husband, Anakin Skywalker. He deserves to be mourned to his passing not for his failure, not for his betrayal, but for whom he was, just as innocent as that little boy you met so many years ago."

Padme turned to her friend, "I miss you, and I can't believe he killed you too." "I wouldn't reveal your whereabouts," she said softly. "Why is it all people die to save me, all my friends have died to keep my safe, why is that?" Sabe shook her head, "Because we love you Padme, we'll never stop looking out for you." Padme turned and saw the outlines of Erite, Rene, Dorme, and Corde standing behind Sabe. They were all dead in body, but not in spirit. "Choose the path you want Padme," Sabe stepped back to be with her friends. "Someday you will be ready to join us, but now is not your time, not yet." Padme swallowed hard, she wanted to so much but she turned and walked away from the light towards a familiar voice.

Obi Wan watched her eyelids flutter and he called her name, "Padme?" Padme woke up, "Obi Wan?" she whispered. "Padme, thank god you're alright," he whispered. She smiled, "My babies?" "Both healthy screamers," Obi Wan said a smile breaking out on his tired face. "Can I see them?" she asked. H

7. SockofCK

SockofCK Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh that was a wonderful twist given Padme the choice like that. I feel so sorry for Obiwan having to split up the children. I would want to be in his shoes when Padme is told.

8. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Chapter 19: Heartbreak

Obi Wan stared at Padme's back thinking about what Bail had said, "Why can't she find happiness with someone?" He wondered if Padme could ever be happy again. He knew deep down that he cared about her, but he also knew that something between them wasn't really meant to be. "Why not?" he asked himself. He knew why, he was bound to the Jedi Code, it was his choice so many years ago and he would not stray now that the Order was almost extinct. The future depended on too few Jedi for him to become self-involved. He also knew that Anakin had stolen her heart and that even if she was happy with him he would always be second best even if it worked.
    Padme: Obi Wan was my hero; he had saved me from Vader and my own self. He'd protected me, found me a place to stay and now my old ex was helping me too. Why did I have to love Anakin so much, if I wasn't able to let go, I'd never be happy. Luke and Leia brought me joy with constant reminders of Anakin, but I knew deep down when I decided to live, it would be a sorrowful life. I'd never recover from the horrors I'd seen, dealt with and watched, and this final betrayal had destroyed me and all that I'd fought for my whole life. Anakin had ruined the Republic I'd fought to bring peace too. That thought made me angry and suddenly I heard a cough in the doorway.
    Obi Wan: I stepped across the floor towards her, my eyes searching hers for emotions. "Hello Master Kenobi," she was not smiling, I hadn't seen her smile since the twins were born. I watched her face as I delivered the horrible news to her

"You want me to give up my son?" Padme's voice rang out. Obi Wan tried to stay calm, "Padme, I cannot hide their combined Force signature, it's too strong, I can hide Luke's if he's alone and Leia's isn't significant enough without her brother to be noticed if she stays here. The Empire will find them and despite what you think about Anakin, he will not save them. At best they too will become masters of evil." "He's not evil, he is being bewitched," her voice rose a level. Obi Wan sighed, "I have a responsibility, and I promised I would keep your children safe and right now this is the best thing for their safety, don't you want them safe?" Padme's mind was whirling, "I don't want to let him go, he's so much like his father already." Obi Wan felt his heart freeze at the thought, "We're going to keep him safe, he's going to be the only hope for the Republic Padme, you must see that he is the only one who can fight this awful evil. The good blood of Anakin Skywalker runs through his veins, he will be strong and powerful like his father." "The Jedi corrupted Anakin; I will not allow you to corrupt my son." Her voice was bitter. Obi Wan struggled to control his emotions, "Darth Sidious corrupted Anakin because Anakin sought his aid. He desired it because he is headstrong and impatient, he was not a prime candidate to become a Jedi, but because of his incredible ability it was felt by many that training him would help him control that potential." Obi Wan's quiet voice finally got through to her and she started to cry weakly. He wrapped his arms around her and heard her whisper, "When are you taking him?" "Late tomorrow night," he replied.
    Padme: As I sat in Obi Wan's arms I felt slightly better. No, I didn't, but he offered solace Anakin had never had time to provide, especially after our marriage. I remembered those brief two weeks, our honeymoon. Now, I had only those memories.

9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh I like the way that both care for each other but realize it would only be second best. That was a good point. I also like how you show how strong her love for anakin is still even after everything that has happen. But at the same time she realizes that things are not the same. The little word battle between them was also a great bonus. Now the last part where he holds her and she remarks that Anakin did not have time for this after they were married. Hmmm that holds some promise that maybe just maybe.

10. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    thanks for your comments crystal_kenobi...i'm actually unable to find my fiction on the saga message board....so i'm posting this and hoping it will show up...........i'll try and post again today or tomorrow

11. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Chapter 20: Bail's Offer and Obi Wan's Departure
    Padme stood watching the sunset, she had cried in Obi Wan's arms for a long time before she'd been able to compose herself. When she looked into the compassionate Jedi's eyes, she almost started to cry again. She had twenty four hours left with her son after the setting of this sun, twenty four hours. Padme was quick and witty. She knew that this had to be done to keep her children safe, but what was to happen to her now?

"Padme," Bail came up behind her. She couldn't even muster a smile, "Bail," she greeted him quietly. "I know this is probably far from your mind, but have you thought about your future here on Aldeeran?" he asked her. She shook her head feeling overwhelmed. "I have two proposals. One is that we marry again and adopt Leia; or rather I adopt her as my daughter. The second is that you become a mysterious stranger in the palace and your daughter becomes my child. I would have a hand in her upbringing either way and I think having me adopt her will raise the least amount of questions." Padme nodded feeling tired, he was right but how was she going to choose. "How would we marry again without everyone knowing?" He frowned, "We'd just keep a low profile, and I'm well respected, if anyone found out then we'd deal with it. But I could also marry someone else, not legally, but just so we'd have a picture and then you and I would be married. That would ensure Leia's safety as my daughter more than if I'd adopted her without marrying you." Padme felt trapped, "Bail, if I accept, you must know that I will not be able to lov?." He cut her off, "I understand that your loyalties will always lie with Anakin. I merely am acting as a concerned friend Padme. I want you and Leia to be safe always." She stared at him in disbelief wondering why for the life of her she had not been able to make her marriage with him work. He was regal, smart, funny, kind, caring, supportive and reasonable, so many things Anakin had been and more. She cursed herself and then stopped, why exactly was she cursing herself? Because she hadn't been able to make the relationship work or because she was being disloyal to Anakin by pondering what her fate would have been with Bail? "I'll tell you tomorrow," she said finally. He nodded leaving

Obi Wan stared at her back wondering again what was wrong, "Padme?" She turned to him, "Oh Obi Wan, please tell me what to do." He drew her close to him, "What's wrong Padme?" "Bail offered to marry me again," she said softly. He frowned realizing what Bail was giving up for her, his safety and the welfare of his planet. He still loved her, Obi Wan knew that. "He told me he was just being a good friend, and that made me wonder how I let him go." Obi Wan felt a sad smile creep across his face, "Because you loved Anakin Padme, and even though that didn't work, your marriage to Bail wasn't right." She sighed, "So is it wrong now to accept his offer?" Obi Wan looked into her shiny sad brown eyes, "Padme, if he knows you can't love him and you still feel like taking him up on it then no. I think it would be a smart move, for you and Leia." She looked down, "Marriage is sacred, it's supposed to celebrate love and I don?t have that kind of love for him." Obi Wan sighed, "I don't know much about love Padme, but I know compassion and Bail is fully prepared to accept a love of friendship from you." She nodded, "I'm going to it," and she left to get Bail.

The next Afternoon:

Obi Wan knocked on Padme's door. "Come in," she called. He opened the door and stared, Padme was in a light blue dress and there was even a small smile on her face. She and Bail were getting married that day so that Padme's children could both be with her and so could Obi Wan. He had offered to give her away and she'd gratefully accepted his offer. He walked over to her and fixed the wild flowers in her hair, "You look stunning," he said. "I don't know where I'm supposed to be anymore Obi Wan, sometimes I think I'm part of a machine and I'm never going to k

12. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Obi Wan felt soft tears slip down his cheeks and he pressed his forehead to hers, "I love you Padme, so very much. You're almost the only friend I have left. I'm going to miss you so much." Padme smiled through her tears with relief, Obi Wan had let his shields down and she was able to glimpse the human side to the reserved Jedi. She ran her hands through his hair still keeping her eyes down and forehead against his, "Oh Obi Wan, you are a good man and a strong Jedi. I know that you'll be fine and that you won't fail me. Go with my love and my trust sweet Obi Wan. You are my hero, and I love you." Both acknowledged that their "I love you," was more in the sense of friendship than true love but they both realized that there was a slight hint of that. Their eyes met, Obi Wan brushed his lips over hers and Padme deepened the kiss. Their tears mingled with kiss and Obi Wan put his hand around the back of her neck allowing the Force to swirl around them. He finally pulled away and smiled at her, "Let's go." She fixed her flowers and took his arm. Obi Wan found himself wondering if he and Padme would have been able to make a marriage work and then he shook his head, she would marry Bail and tonight he would shatter her world and his with it.

This is just perfect. Just perfect. Very very emotional. [trying not to cry in the office] will read again tonight so I can cry without someone seeing.

Please tell me you are going to do a sequel. Even if its AU it would be okay. I would like to see how you handle the time between iii and four. What happens to padme, obiwan etc.

13. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    I'll think about a sequel, i don't know if i have time to write it but i could do an AU. I'm glad you liked it...there's one more chapter coming probably tomorrow in time for the weekend......

14. tvdunlop

Aug 15, 2003
    Chapter 21: Epilogue
    Obi Wan had been living with Luke on Tatooine for almost six years. He finally decided one day to make one final visit to the busy world of Aldeeran. He arrived there and Bail was again waiting for him. "It's good to see you again Obi Wan," Bail said. "You too old friend, you're looking well. How are Leia and Padme?" "Leia is doing wonderfully; she's incredibly shrewd for her age as well as regal. She's going to make a grand Princess someday." Obi Wan had heard that Bail's father had died and now he was King or leader of Aldeeran. Leia was also mentioned from time to time as an incredibly popular child. "And Padme?" Obi Wan asked. "She's slipping away slowly," Bail said, "I never realized someone could be so in love before." Obi Wan hesitated, "May I see her?" "OF course, she'll be delighted to see you," Bail replied. In truth Padme had thought a lot about Obi Wan, she missed him and felt his absence deeply. They'd become so close and he'd seen her and Anakin together, he'd known and understood how happy they really were. He entered, "Padme?" She turned her eyes widening. She was in his arms in under five steps, "OH Obi Wan," a smile crept onto her face for the first time in many years. "How's Luke?" she asked instantly. "He's doing wonderfully; Beru and Owen are fantastic parents." Obi Wan had to tell the truth. Luckily the news only cheered her up more, "Would you like to see Leia?" she asked. When he nodded she led him to Leia's room. "Leia, I have someone I'd like you to meet," She said gently. Her daughter stood up quickly. At six years old she was already quite tall and regal. She was wearing an all white gown with a cape around her shoulders. "I?m Leia Organa, future Queen of Aldeeran," she formally extended her hand. Obi Wan knelt and kissed it already taken by this replica of Padme. Her eyes widened and suddenly she acted her age, "Yuck," she wiped it off. Padme fought her laughter, "Leia, General Kenobi is an old friend of mine," "Is he a Jedi?" Leia looked curious and Obi Wan was shaken by the penetrating gaze. Padme quickly shook her head, "No Leia, there are no more Jedi." Leia's eyes showed her disappointment, "It's nice to meet you general," she said. "Take care now," he said as he left.

"She's just like you," he said with a smile. Padme nodded, "Isn't it scary?" He shook his head, "She will be a powerful leader someday," he replied quietly. Obi Wan stood near his ship, "May the Force be with you always," he said gently kissing her cheek. "You're visit and good news has done much good for me," she said, "Will you do one thing more for me?" He nodded. "Leia will become Queen of this planet, but should she ever need your assistance, will you promise me you'll give it to her?" Obi Wan nodded, "You have my word Padme, and I will always protect your children." She smiled, "You are the best friend I've ever had Obi Wan," "It has been a great honor serving you and I will continue to serve your children," The Jedi replied. "The Jedi's are the true masters of the galaxy for all time," she said, "Someday they will be recognized as such again." Obi Wan hesitated and embraced her tightly, "Good bye," he whispered his voice choking up for he knew he'd never see her again. He boarded his ship and flew off to continue to watch over Luke. Bail stood next to Padme, "Are you feeling better?" she nodded.

A Year Later:
    Vader: I stood watching her die, I had found her finally. She was married again to Bail, but oddly enough that didn't bother me. She was pale and thin, but Force, her eyes were still full of love for me. I knelt next to her wondering how she could be dying, "Don't leave," I whispered. "You are the reason I'm like this Anakin, because I could never stop loving you, never stop wishing I'd loved you enough to keep you with me." I stared at her, "Angel, I love you, I always have, I've chosen a different path, but that didn't change the fact that I loved you, still will, forever." She smiled, "Goodbye Anakin." Anakin Skywalker died with her.

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a beautiful ending. I love how you had Obiwan kneel and kiss Leia's hand, just the way a Knight would do it. That was cute when she said yuck. The interaction between Obiwan and Padme was wonderful, sweet and sad at the same time. The way you explain padme's death with Anakin there was perfect.

Then my favorite is where Obiwan is watching the hologram of Leia and remembering his promise to Padme. I could visualize the scene in ANH and could actually picturing him thinking that.

It was a pleasure to read your story. I look forward to more of your work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.