main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II: IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Episode II IMAX is due out on November 1st. The two closest IMAX theaters to us are Myrtle Beach and Raleigh.

My suggestion is that if anyone wants to go we could carpool down to Myrtle Beach since it's closer. The Myrtle Beach Fan Force has invited Charlotte and us to join them.

I'll post more info as it becomes Avaliable.

-Universal

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    That's ok (snif snif) - Guess what you east coasters will miss both 11/1 and 11/2...

501st stormtroopers
    virtual reality game provided by Beta zone
    live lightsaber duels by the Shadow Players
    trivia contests - prizes by Exploris and beta zone
    tons of media coverage

You gals and guys are gonna miss out on my party (cry sob boo hoo)....

Hi, everyone,
    I just got the official word from the director of IMAX at Exploris!

Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones

IMAX theater at Exploris, Raleigh, NC

Premier : Friday November 1st, 4PM, 6:30PM, 10 PM.
    All shows after premiere day will at the same times, 4PM, 6:30 PM, and 10 PM.

Tickets : $11 Adults
    $ 1 discount for students / seniors
    $ 8 youth

Advance tickets to Exploris members go on sale Oct. 18
    General public tickets go on sale October 25.

For those who do not have Exploris museum memberships, they are $50 for individuals, $95 for families. All costs of this membership are tax deductible.

Benefits to Exploris museum memberships:
    Members get free admission to the museum for 1 year, and buy 1 get 1 free tickets to IMAX showings including Attack of the Clones.

I'll need volunteer assistance in putting up official posters around town. Contact me now if you are able to help.

Official press release will be sent out tomorrow on the Exploris Museum website. Go to http://www.exploris.org for more details on Friday.

We need to be represented well at the FIRST showing in costume!

I'm excited!!!! I've solicited the 501st to provide their excellent stormtroopers.

Tallon Kaardgamer
    Star Wars Fan Force City Rep, Raleigh

3. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hello all,
    I would like to formally invite you to the Star Wars Day at the Charleston IMAX theater on Saturday, November 30th. This is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We will have events starting at 11am until about 4-5pm. Clones will be shown at 3:30, 5:15 and 8:30 so this could easily be a day trip for most.

We will have a trivia contest, costume contest, kids activities, comic and toy vendors, and a raffle. Bring a new unwrapped toy for Toys For Tots and receive a raffle ticket or make a $5 donation to the MUSC children's hospital. I'm also trying to obtain something cool to auction for MUSC from Lucasfilm, I'll update you when I know.

We will have prizes for the costume and trivia contests and lots of goodies for the kids. We may have a media guest, I'm working on that now.

We will have a live radio remote and press coverage and we may also have TV coverage.

This is a great way to meet other fans in the area and help some kids in the process.

I urge those interested to visit the charleston imax site-http://www.charlestonimax.com to get the number to reserve tickets.

I hope you all can come support this worthy cause.

Thanks,
    Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.