main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II In Local Media ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    What a day! There were 2 articles of Star Wars in today's (26 Apr 02, Fri) Straits Times! First is the super long picture of Padme, Anakin, R2-D2 and C-3PO on Tatooine! The reports says TIME Nagazine, which had an exclusive preview of the entire movie, was very pleased with Episode II!

The other was in the main paper. It's a 2 pages long advertisement on Episode II by POD. There's a great poster, plus ways you can get your hand on Episode II notepads, mousepads, poster, T-Shirts, blah blah by SMS, buying their phones or purchases.

POD will also have a private screning of Episode II on 16 May, 12 midnight... well, that's not so exclusive , rite?

At least we can confirm most of the operators will be opened on midnight! Kewl!

2. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    So is anybody planning to get anything from pod? I feel like getting the nokia handphone so that can get a free pair of movie tickets

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'll love to get myself a Handphone (get my dad to pay for me :p ) but I hardly get contacted even with my Pager. So not worth it currently to get myself a handphone even one with the Pod Card.

4. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I saw this store which had a creative idea of taking out the Episode II cardboard foldout from 8 Days and placed it on their PC's monitor! Cool!

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm..does buying a new hp mean getting a new line too? I think it does right..? I already have a line, so prob can't cash in on those goodies..~

:(

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Worse if you kena bonded when gotten the handphone. My friend now got 2 handphones cause she was bonded to the first one for a year (M1 I think) and still got a few months more to go. :(

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah..all service providers have bondage I think. Right now they're just getting the minority of ppl who don't have a hp to get one~.

Cunning :D

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I would love to get a handphone (been bugging for about a year now) but I 'don't need it'. [face_plain]

9. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    But i think there is also a trade in too rite, also my handphone has been a little faulty this couple of days besides some of the handphones with the subscription plan doesnt seem that expensive.
    By the way the way they decorated the place was pretty cool huh? Also the poster, whoa huge i tell u.

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Ooo... another Attack Of The Clones in LIFE today (27 Apr 02, Sat)!

This time, it's an editorial piece about Episode 2's merchandising. A pic from Australian Midnight Madness was in it too! With Darth Vader somemore!

Check it out in LIFE!

11. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hmm... saw the Yoda pics in TODAY on another thread... there's a STAR WARS SPECIAL on the pic... what is that?

And I thought TODAY Saturday edition now cost $0.50???

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    WHAT??? Where can I get it??? :D

13. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Juz get today's Today's copy... u have to buy it though...

but I feel that only that pic was worth scanning...

the article was copied from Times magazine.. while other pics include a banner from TFN, and some pics from the SW posters

14. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    The $0.50 edition is avilable at newsstand... most probably the BUZZ kiosks.

Anyway, issit worth it?

I'd rather pay 10 cents more for Straits Times...

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    well..if just after the star wars article then i wouldn't mind playing 50 cents. After all, it's once in a long time~. :D

16. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    nope BobaFett81... it's not worth it.. I juz bought it so that I could scanned that pic for all SW fans.. :)

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Not in local media, but about SINGAPORE:

The Official Site has updated their main page tonight with several new splash pages that appear in a random order. Those of you logging in will see various images of AOTC characters such as: Padme Amidala, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, Zam Wesell, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Mace Windu.

The images are the same ones that were used in the exclusive Attack of the Clones postcards that theaters are handing out in Singapore, and are also the same images that are adorning subway/bus terminal poster slots, and the walls of theaters and buildings in international locations.

If you want to view all the shots just refresh the main page at StarWars.com until your clicking finger has gone numb.

http://www.jedinet.com/prequels/#01829,20020430,3391

Cheers!

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, luckily I saved up the previous Official Site Front Page.

(*Going down on knee in front of Celebro aka Notebook*)PLEASE, PLEASE don't loss your data again before I republished those pages!

:p

19. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Today's today(P20) is giving out 280 movie tickets to a special preview of Star Wars Episode II on 13 May. But the details r on the Weekend Today edition 4 and 5 May. I checked with the guys from HMV and SISTIC, still no news about the charity show. How about u guys? Any news?

20. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    Yeah Lukedecop, I saw that too... but that's the first news I've heard about any earlier screenings...

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, Jedi_Knight_Tim, are you sure I can get the tickets to the Charity Premiere of AOTC this Sat at 11am? ?[face_plain]

22. Jedi_Knight_Tim

Jedi_Knight_Tim Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    HEY ALL! I just got this in my mailbox. Forwarded by my friend.

Want to be among the first to watch the latest installment of Star Wars, rub shoulders with celebs and do a good cause in the meantime? If your answer is yes then read on.

Community Chest and Sterne & Lears will be holding a Charity Gala Premiere of Star Wars Episode II on 11 May, 8.30pm at Shaw Prince 1.

Your money will go on to help the less privileged children in Singapore.

This 11 May screening is way ahead of the Worldwide Release of 16 May. You will be among the first to catch the film. Very limited tickets are available. So for those of you who cannot wait, this is your chance.

You will get
    Ø A ticket to the Gala on 11 May
    Ø A ticket to the Star Wars launch party at ZOUK on 15 May
    Ø A limited edition Star Wars Souvenir Book
    Ø An exclusive Star Wars poster
    Ø The price is $120

Tickets can be purchased on 4 May & 5 May (this weekend) from the information counter at the Heeren.

See you at the Gala Premiere of the hottest film of the year.

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    *DE running around her room in joy while hitting the bed and wardrobes and table etc* :p

I'll get the tickets this Sat Morning. Who else will be going? :D :D

24. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Izzit worth it or not... hmm....

$120... Yah... can watch AOTC like 5 days in advance... but $120???

Can buy lot's of things leh...

25. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Whoah, SGD120.... I'm afraid I have to agree with you, Boba. I can watch AOTC in the cinemas ten times and still have enough money to buy dye for the gazillion miles of chiffon I want to dye...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.