main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II In Local Media ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    haha sure np..it's also a bit black and dirty though haha. (secret: I found it in school) :D ;) 8-}

2. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Email received:

HI Guys,
    Do you want a free electronic lightsaber? If so, please check out the contest in The New Paper tomorrow - 8/5/2002. It's going to be a huge article on Jedis!
    We are sponsoring the prizes and we want to give our members a heads up on free stuff.
    Good luck and may the force be with you.......Always
    Virus Collectibles

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hope no one gonna screw up the SW/Jedi Articles. Some of the pictures published back in 1999 was mislabelled (Hologram Maul become Darth Sidious) and the timeline followed the fan version, instead of the one Dark Horse or any of the official books gave. [face_plain]

Hmm, will any local SW fans website make it to the newspaper or magazine . . . :D If they go around asking, I'll recommand James' one, then the rest which is only 9 altogether??? ?[face_plain]

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Bobafett - TNP is on the 8th or the 9th?

DE - Darn my site doesn't count.. [face_plain]

5. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    It's today... 9th of May!

LIFE! will be having an EPISODE II SPECTACULAR tomorrow (10th May), so remember to get your Straits Times TOMORROW!!!!

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee JaZzYjaZZ, I stop counting at my last update last Dec! :p I think there are 1 or more local websites other than yours that features a page or 2 about SW but I lost their address with the loss of data from my computer last Dec 30th. :_|

Hope more will emerge soon and I get to update my website soon. (Now where can I get cheap MS FrontPage that actually works!). Heehee, the good thing I dump 50% of my SW Data collection into my website; I got a little backup. Now I just need the time to download them again into my computer. :p

7. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Praise TODAY, they say they saw AOTC already and it much much better then TPM. Its relates alot to the original Star Wars SAGA. They r giving the thumbs up like the pple from TIMES. Yeepe

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - I might be making a webpage solely for Star Wars again. I once did that when TPM came out but the now the site has closed because I failed to update it often :(

Anyway I've got 2 extra copies of TODAY if anybody didn't manage to get.

If you all read The New Paper today (9th May), there's a "Jedi Insider" inside, sort of like a Visual Dictionary. Quite worth it..go buy it! :D

9. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Nothing against u Luke, but

:mad:TODAY(THE NEWSPAPER) SUCKS~!!~!~!~! :mad:

No one will stop ME from saying that... and I'm solely saying that cause I can't watch episode 2 on the 13th........... :_|

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Anyone got a May 13th ticket to spare for NodNarbOen?

Don't be angery, lah, NodNarbOen. Maybe the postman didn't come to the post box you posted your entry into. Every time I was rushing to send in my letters, the uncle at the shop (the one got 2.45pm slot) always say that some times, the postman didn't come for a day or come too early, even at the road side box so just keep my finger crossing each time. :( Got one time I posted my mail at the Post Office at about 4pm and the postman already retrive the mail when it clearly stated 5pm retrival time.

11. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    Sigh... I juz felt so "sua"..... I mean, all u guys could go on the 13th and I'm one of the few that tried hard to go but fail... rats.... that really is crappy... :(

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Nob - Sorry about not being able to get tix..right now I'm still trying on the radio to get free tix, but very hard. :(

I and Luke asked the person who gave us the tix how many ppl entered the contest, and although she didn't give a figure she said it was "overwhelming". And she said 300+ ppl won a tic each..

13. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Good news guys, the hereen r giving out star wars goodies this Saturday 11th May 5.00p.m. All u have to do is answer some simple questions i think. It might be the DJs from perfect 10 because i heard that those who won the tickets must go to hereen to collect this weekend. So they may be giving out more tickets there Nod. Shall we all meet at 4.30p.m infromation counter this sat. and try to get more tickets especially for Clare, Nod, Hazel and the rest?

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yah I agree..if all of us turn up in force, we probably stand a higher chance ;). Maybe we could bring our lightsabers along too haha

15. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    I won't be free this Sat at 5pm.. :( Won't be able to make it... Can u keep a look out for me?? And grab a tix for me if u got a chance?? Thanks!(said in advance)

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha..don't worry Nob, we'll definitely try our best! We must work hard to get everybody to go...come on everyone!

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I will try to drop by there before going to the Charity Premiere on Sat. :) Hehee, my SW knowledge is quite limited so hope I can try my luck. :p

Ps: Does anyone knows how to get to Shaw Prince from Orchard. Only been here once a long, long time ago but forget how I got there with my sister. Will bring some lightsabers too! ;)

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - Take no. 14 from outside Heeren, and stop at Suntec. The back of Shaw Building is facing Nicoll Highway. Very near to Suntec bus stop. :D

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Is this the building, the one with the Star?
    Shaw Tower

Thanks!

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yup! DE - That's the one..the escalator to Prince 1 is near the ticket counter in the lobby :D

21. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    :( I can't make it at The Heeren tomorrow; have a class. :( Could you collect any goodies or free tix for me as well? Sorry to trouble you, and thanks. :)

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll be having band practice and meeting until mid afternoon, but I told my chairperson that I'll leave so that I'll be at Heeren at 5. Sure, I and the rest will try and get whatever stuff there is for all of u ;).

23. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hmm... what type of GOODIES will Mediacorp be dishing out?

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    According to a Perfect 10 DJ: 'Star Wars premiums'.

Whatever that means.

:p

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha, we'll just see tomorrow how "premium" those things are

:D

[EDit] DE - are you going to Heeren tomorrow at 5? I could bring the 2 issues of TODAY which u wanted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.