main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II In Local Media ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    TODAY . Friday . May 24, 2002 . Pg 34

Takashimaya Shopping Centre

If your kids like to role-play, dress them up as their favourite Star Wars character and win up to $1,000 worth of cash and prizes. There are two categories: One for those below 12 years old and another for those above 12. Limited to five participants per category. Pick up entry forms at Takashimaya Square. The Star Wars Dress-Alike Contest is on June 8 from 6pm to 8pm.

'Kids'? I don't think above 12 counts very much as kids anymore, leh...and no age limit is mentioned. :p

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Anyone interested? Too bad I don't have a costume anymore.. :( :_|

3. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    JediClare, will you be taking part in the costume contest??

:) Your costume really rocks!!! :)

Besides, $1000 worth of cash and prizes is really good, and who knows what you might get - haha! ;)

4. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    hRmmmmmm... june 8th... is dat enuff time to make a costume :p :D

yeah, clare, i tink u shld take part in it. i tink u can win smt, den u can get ur $500 light saber plus treat us to smt rite? :D

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Aaaarrrrhhhh! :eek: I'm away from Singapore for 1 3/4 day and this happened? Still got vacancy or not? :D

Hmm, June 8th . . . I want to enter for FUN too, leh. Maybe Padme Amidala White Battle Suit, maybe something new like the long overdued Padme Naberries Tatooine? (Note 2 Self: Must sent the drawing to the seamstress this Tuesday :p )

Anyone registered yet? :D

Ya, JediClare, your chances of winning is higher than mine cause your Jedi Costume is well made ;) , mine quickly made but took a looonnnngggg time to research. :p

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    This is something I forgot to post yesterday. In yesterday's (saturday, 25th May), LIFE!, did anyone realise that movie ads page had Yoda, holding his lightsabre, replaced the normal movie poster? It was kinda cool. And there were quotes in Yoda-Speak :D

In the same paper, check out Heart Of The City in the comics strip page, it's related to SW. Very funny..and something we all can relate to :) 8-} ;)

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You mean this? :D

[image=http://images.ucomics.com/comics/hc/2002/hc020525.gif]

I haven't look out for the Yoda poster yet (came home after midnight yesterday from Malaysia and woke up late today) but will surely save it up. ;)

Anyone heard any other comic strips that featured AOTC/SW these few days? Me really thinking of making the almost most comprehensive colletion of comic strips featuring SW online. :p
    (MINI MAUL: But you have no Frontpage currently.
    DE: Cause you don't go looking for one for me!
    MINI MAUL: You ask for FrontPage 2002 . . .
    DE: :p
    )

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - Yup! Isn't it beautiful? Hehe :D

I like the idea of that "ultimate collection" but it'd be hard unless someone here has read comic strips every day of his or her life. Maybe if can search the web then can make a collection

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So far my collection is mainly on Foxtrot and Heart Of The City.

Mr. Colin Goh was also kind enough to put up his Concret Jungle: The Ayam/Hantam Menace on his website for my sake (we want to avoid unpleasent problems with his publisher :p )

I also lost quite a number of comic strips I didn't published at my website the last time my notebook harddisk screwed up.

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll be using this holidays to put up a SW webpage (if I have enough time) and when that happens I'll put up all the comics strips that I have.

Btw.. is that leeegal?? :D

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    As long as you don't tell the publisher. ;)

TNP already rejected my proposal to put the Concret Jungle SW part on my website a few years back but I put them up anyway. Later, Mr. Goh save my website space when he put them up on his. Heehee, if only the other publishers like that of Foxtrot or Heart Of The City or Free For All or House Of Lim can do it for us. (Ps: Anyone got the full set of SW related clips from the last 2 comic strips?)

Oh, yes, don't forget the usual yaddle yaddle and "thanks to XYZ for the use of their images" etc at the end of your webpages ;)
    This page has no affiliation with any part of Lucasfilm & Company. All rights reserved. STAR WARS®, STARWARS.COM®, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK®, RETURN OF THE JEDI®, STAR WARS: EPISODE I-THE PHANTOM MENACE®, and THX® and all logos, characters, artwork, stories, information, names, and other elements associated thereto are the sole and exclusive property of Lucasfilm Ltd. Any use of any of the materials on this site other than for private, non-commercial viewing purposes is strictly prohibited.

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Latest contest in LIFE!Weekend

Win Star Wars Notebooks!
    Win one of 50 beautiful Star Wars Episode II Notebooks. Just send an e-mail with the headings "Take Me To Naboo" to smilesarefree123@hotmail.com and include your full name, address, IC and Contact No. Closing Date: June 7th

I'm send in mine after this.

Any news of the previous poster ones?

I also saw that the AOTC Bus Stop Posters are gone in AMK so I assume the Contest is over. Hope someone here will win something.

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    The Bus Stop poster contest is over? I still see some posters at some bus-stops. I'll check the Jango Fett one in front of my school, see if it's still there

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Will check out Orchard too if I DO get my butts to there for some stuffs at Spotlight. :p

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - Hope u find what u need at SPOTLIGHT! I gotta go for school now.. :D

16. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Mine neighbour posters r gone too. Now they having the Spirit One.

17. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Today in ST, there's a report of an Episode II in Thai Parliament... even got two Thai MPs as Jedi Knights! Very funni!

18. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
  19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Which part of ST is that?

The AOTC posters in my area are still there..

20. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    asia sect. think few pages b4 sports sect.

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Saw it but didn't read cause in a hurry to get to school. Keep a mind note to save it up later, though.

The Bus Stop Posters at Orchard seems to be gone too.

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I really want to kick myself and Mini Maul hard for missing the TODAY and Streat Newpapers after the May 11th Premiere.

Look at this important article I just found (it's under the last post):

AOTC Media Coverage

:_| :_|

23. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    This Sunday's Yummy King on Channel U at 9:30PM will feature Adrian Pang as Han Solo with a lightsaber and Michille Chia as Princess Leia hunting down for yummy hawker fares in SIngapore. Guest starring Darth Vader!

Only on Channel U!

24. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    This Sunday's Yummy King on Channel U at 9:00PM will feature Adrian Pang as Han Solo with a lightsaber and Michille Chia as Princess Leia hunting down for yummy hawker fares in SIngapore. Guest starring Darth Vader!

Only on Channel U!

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - Which article are u referring to? The Charity Premiere one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.