Episode II: Indy Celebration!!!

Discussion in 'South Bend, IN' started by Xmaveric, Mar 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    That's right, folks. The celebration that was in Denver last year in now in our back yard: Indianapolis! WE ARE SO THERE!

Just reply here if you have any intentions of going :) I know that ChiForce is going, and I know that MANY SW actors will be there, too. This is our state, folks. Let's show 'em what we're made of!

Details below:

Episode II: The Indianapolis Celebration

TFN has received two reports confirming the location of the sequel official fan convention to be held in May of 2002, celebrating the release of the second installment of Star Wars.
    Hecter was at the the Toy Show in Las Vegas where it was announced that May 2-4, 2002 were the dates the dates of the Star Wars Celebration II. And the location? Indianapolis, Indiana. An R2 unit also chimed in with the same location confirmation about 10 days ago here to TFN, so it looks to be set.

More details as they surface, but expect a huge list of cast members attending, exclusive items and much more from the event of epic proportions. And of course, TFN will be there in full, er, FORCE. :)

UPDATE
    Sebulba-X says that the folks in Indiana are really quick. You can see the Indianapolis Convention Center and RCA Dome?s official website already has the listing on the event calendar: Wed May 1 - May 6 2002 Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Cele. 2000 Hall B.

2. KnnOs Force Ghost

star 2
    Let's think, a 20 minute drive from my house (30-45 considering the amazing traffic that will be there)

I think I'll be in attendance ;)
  3. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh yeah! We will have at least 20 people in SB FanForce by then, so I be we'll have to take a few vans. Anyone have a van?
  4. BaseDeltaZero FanForce CityRep South Bend IN USA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Nope, but we could borrow a bus like in Road Trip.
  5. Joshua Griffin TheForce.Net co-owner

VIP
    star 4
  6. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Did you guys here that? Grif said that he's willing to shuttle us all down there and pay for our hotel, since he's been too busy to chat with us here in the forum! Way to go Josh! That's such a considerate thing for you to offer :D
  7. BaseDeltaZero FanForce CityRep South Bend IN USA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wow, thanks Grif. You're such a keen guy. I can't wait. I was thinking I was going to have to take my tent and pitch it in a mall parking lot.
  8. KnnOs Force Ghost

star 2
    well good, _I_ was worried about having to explain to my mom why we had to put you all up in my house :)
  9. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone! This is Shara from the Indianapolis Fan Force. I'm making a post out to all the forums, that we know of so far, who have been talking about the Celebration in Indianapolis next year. We're trying to plan a get together for FanForce members who have made the journey. So I'm asking if someone from each of these forums will keep track of who is coming out here and PM me. Then I will contact this person probably after the summer and start making plans. Thanks a lot!

If you have any questions, feel free to post in the forum or PM myself. Also, be sure to check www.geocities.com/sica_wiev for Indy info. In the next few weeks, though, it will move to www.indyknights.com

Thanks for your time!
  10. BaseDeltaZero FanForce CityRep South Bend IN USA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Shara I will keep you posted since I am the CR of this fine forum. If you need help with anything, let me know.
  11. Kawphy Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh my word! KAWPHY EXISTS!
  13. Kawphy Jedi Master

star 4
    That's quite a statement, metaphysically speaking.
  14. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Well...let's get a little bit organized. Does anyone have a van? Bus? Plane?

How about sleeping...does anyone own a hotel in Indy? Timeshares? Have a condo? Any righ relatives with a big house? Speak up!
  15. KnnOs Force Ghost

star 2
    I've got a guest room, a pull out bed in my room and a sofa bed in the basement, none are all that confortable though...
  16. BaseDeltaZero FanForce CityRep South Bend IN USA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I have a couple cousins that live in Indy. I will ask them and see what is available.

Hotels are going to be $$$ with a huge event like this going on.
  17. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    I think we should make SHIRTS for this event! That would be kewl.
  18. Joshua Griffin TheForce.Net co-owner

VIP
    star 4
  19. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    I have suggested a shot of MSA imploding with the Death Star lurking in orbit, for the Indy Kights ( www/indyknights.com ) web sight. That would make a cool shirt too :)
  20. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay...I had to go to AcronymFinder to figure out that MSA was Market Square Arena :)

I think that image would be GREAT for Indy. But for us...I think it would be better to have a view from space, with the South Bend Death Star blowing up the RCA Dome :D
  21. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Seriously...should we do t-shirts?
  22. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Perhaps we could do some simple shirts with a logo similar to the one on the Slave I website?

Any comments?
  23. BaseDeltaZero FanForce CityRep South Bend IN USA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes I agree. My sister-in-law's unlce does embroidery (sp?) and screen print. Once we decide on sumpin, I can find out how much. Maybe hats too?

I like the deathstar blowing up the RCA dome. Sweeet...
  24. KnnOs Force Ghost

star 2
    I don't know about blowing up MSA, a lot of memories for me...
  25. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    ...Yeah, that's the first place you got your first mugging and police report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.