main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Episode II Line Up?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Hey folks!
    Anyone interested in getting a group together to see EPII on/around opening day?

Interested parties, please post in this thread with your thoughts and suggestions as to day, time and theater. Thanks! :)

2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    To quote Shakira....

Whenever, wherever

:)

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Good idea,but wouldn't the logistics be difficult?I mean,deciding about a place to camp out,who's going to camp out and when.

Maybe we could get a group together about a week or so after the movie comes out.(?)Seems like to would be eaiser to plan.

4. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    Idgie,
    I wasn't thinking of camping out either....I was also thinking perhaps we could arrange a time within the first week of the opening to go. Perhaps the first weekend, some midnight showing, or something.

It was just an idea.....I thought it might be fun for some of us to see this movie with other fans. :D

5. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    I'd like to do that too.I know that there is a theater at Great Lakes Crossing.Why not there?

We could talk about it at the meeting.(ooh,that sounds so official,doesn't it?):)

6. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi j-m-t,

I am planning to camp out for tix. I did for Ep 1 and it was a ball. Maybe we'll have some more who want to and could get tix for those who don't? As far as where, obviously we don't need to decide right away, but we should try to find a theater that's most central for everyone. My previous camp out was at the AMC 20 in Livonia. They were extremely nice to all of us in line, even bought us breakfast! It was a fantastic experience. And, I think it would be closer to central than Great Lakes. Anyway, something to consider.

Regards,
    M.

7. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    MiraxTHorn, you have some great ideas!
    Tell you what....I agree with Idgie, why don't we just discuss this at the meeting on Feb. 9th? Are you both planning on coming?
    (you are right....that does sound rather 'official,' doesn't it? ;) )

8. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Thanks, j-m-t! I'll be there! Looking forward to it!
    M.

9. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Unless we get an unexpected snow storm,I plan to be there.

10. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    Great! Ok.....well, we shall discuss this lining up business then! :D

11. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Wow,with all the voting and discussing,and choosing,this meeting's going to be like 5 hours long.Are we even gonna have time to talk about SW:)

12. StealthTrooperSTC019

StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    For Episode I, we (a group of us) went to the opening night in Bay City. One of us (thanks Dave :) ) camped out to be first in line for tickets (the "special print" kind). We dressed up in costumes, made the 11 o'clock news and had a great time. They had three showings at Midnight and the place was full to capacity!!! The talk of lets wait a week or maybe a weekend show is for wishy-washy, part-time fans. I would think people engaged in this forum would like to give the casual fan a real treat to give them a show before the show. A fan club should do that. "We", I say we because I hope I am included in this, should rally around opening day, get people in costumes and get others to help those in costumes and make it a big deal!!!

13. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Welcome to the group.One of the reasons behind the "let's wait a week or so"-thing is because many of us,myself included,may have already made plans for opening day/night whichever.Not to mention the logistics involved in organizing events when people live hours away from each other.We were just thinking that it might be fun to see the movie as a group,that's all.

I don't really think the purpose of the group is to see "who's the biggest fan".We all express our love of SW in different ways,and on different levels,and that should always be respected and encouraged.

p.s.I still ain't doing the costume thing.

14. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Hey Stealthtrooper, how is the theater in the Bay City mall, I've never been there...I've been looking for somewhere good to see Ep. II on opening night...there's Cinema Hollywood in Birch Run, but...there are people I don't wish to run into there that would ruin my movie experience...and I had thought about the theater in Great Lakes Crossing (for all of you who are down that way, how's that one?) The only downside to seeing it in Great Lakes Crossing is that I don't really want to drive down there ahead of time to get tix and then have to drive back a week later (it's about 1 1/2 hrs away)

15. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Iwakura:

I saw TPM at the Star Theater in Great Lakes Crossing and it was a lot of fun. There were some people dressed up, and they packed the 700-seat theater it was showing in. There were huge lines all day long, and just standing in line was even fun, talking to people and all. That's where I was planning on going, unless we as a group decide on something different. There is stadium seating in the big theater and plenty of legroom, definitely one of the nicest theaters in Michigan.

EDIT: My parents live in Bay City, and I've been to that mall's theater a few times. The Star in Auburn Hills is a much better, roomier and more fun place to see a movie, in my opinion.

16. StealthTrooperSTC019

StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    I talked to the management at Star and they were hesitant at the time (Ep I). We could've gotten away with being in front of the theater (near Gameworks, Rainbow Resturant, etc). I do have to agree that the Star is a great place, and is closer to me then B. City (which is 1.5 hours for me).

17. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Hmmm....Livonia is over an hour away from Clarkston...and Bay City is 'bout the same, maybe a little more (I'm sure).

I don't know 'bout everyone else, but personally, I'm not to keen on driving an hour for a movie unless I'm going to spend part of the day/afternoon/evening there as well.

I recently was at the Palladium in Birmingham, and that place has the most comfortable seats of any theater chain I've ever been to in Oakland County. Better than the AMC 30 off Hall/Mound and Star Great Lakes. Only problem with that is you have to park in a parking structure and get there EXTRA early. But the theaters there are amazing.

So is the AMC 30...I saw Lord of the Rings there for a 2nd time...and was in one of the bigger theaters...it was amazing. three levels of stadium seating.

Great Lakes...aside from it being right off I-75, there are other places to go and kill some time and some restaurants inside the mall and not too far away. And for the person who asked about tickets...you can order tickets over the phone using a credit card and then get them when you go to the theater and get your tickets using the automated machines & your credit card, that's what I did for TPM.

Those are my suggestions/thoughts.

18. Jedi_Kettch

Jedi_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    The AMC 30 off Hall/Mound is where i always go. There and the Chesterfield Crossing (not sure of the location). The AMC 30 is pretty big so that one might work. Unfortunately i am going to wait until my birthday (May 22) to see the movie so i won't be joining you guys. It does sound like fun though. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind. I don't have anyone to really discuss the movie with afterwards so i might consider seeing it with you all.

19. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I wish we had a digital theater in Michigan...the closest one is in Canada. Which I have almost considered.

20. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    ...bumpy...bumpy....bumpy...

21. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    It's interesting to me that the person who started this thread, and along with myself, helped to organize the very first meeting we had on Feb. 9, is now apparently too good to respond to IMs or to take part in our group.

22. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Uh, yeah...what's up with that?

23. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I dunno...I never got to meet her.

Maybe something else has taken priority (which is entirely possible) and she's just not coming here any more?

24. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    My be she was turned to the the dark side?

How about we get together for a evning showing on the 16th?

This is just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.