main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Episode II Lineup Post

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Sounds like a plan to me :)

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    How long should we line up for? Is anyone planing on staying over night or just getting there early in the morning or what???

3. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    I think im planning to stay over night... but im not too sure where im going! I want to go to some place huge with a whole lot of fans... oola where do you think WE are gonna go? i know dave wants to go to a THX theater.. do you know if kim knows if Lowes is THX i immagine it is but all the news papers dont say anytihng about it ... it just says digital.. Waterworks would be fun because the theaters themselves ahre gigantic and there would be alot mroe fans in one area instead of the smaller theaters @ Lowes im planning to go a few times on opening day so i might just go to every theater!

Gohan

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The only advantage that Waterworks has over Loews is the Dolby EX, which I think just puts Dolby Digital on par with SDDS, and Loews has both Dobly Digital and SDDS, and I am pretty sure that the bigger theaters have a Dolby and SDDS sound device attached to the projectors. As far as Loews having smaller theaters then Waterworks... I'm not sure if that's correct. The biggest auditorium at Loews seats over 500 people, and that should be the one for which tickets are available first, like LotRs.

I think that the only advantage that THX brings is money to GL's bank account, if you know what I mean. Especially since it's not likely that Loews would try to save money with cheap speakers and fewer of them.

We could talk about this more at the meeting, but my vote is for Loews Waterfront. The X factor will be how they go about selling tickets for Episode II. I hope that they don't sell the tickets early, as it kind of defeats the purpose of a line, and money usually talks.

5. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    hmmm.... Darth I am not sure... I was thinking about going to a smaller theather at midnight, that way we wont have trouble getting tickets and maybe lowes in the evening... I am not sure yet though... Kimmie doesnt know where she wants to go either. she said something about lowes preselling them on the internet so they will be gone before a line even starts. I guess i may try to get them with the presell if that is true. I am not too sure i think i will pay it by ear, i am sure dave and i will come to pick you up the night before if you can convince mum, or we will just pick you up and you will be missing...

6. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    I myself would love to line up but I'll be working the night it opens at the theater in Washington. My general manager is trying to get Stormtrooper costumes, while I am dressing up as Obi Wan Kenobi(even growing the mustache and beard), my friend is dressing up as Anakin, my one friend is going to be Mace Windu, and a short kid who works there is deciding on either Yoda or a Jawa. Luckily I'll get to see AOTC a day early!!

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Try the 501st if you're trying to get storm troopers, www.501st.com It's worth a try.

8. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    ok thanks, I'll check it out!

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    OK guys I talked to the woman form Loew's tonight and she told me that Lucas Films might be selling tickets as far as a month in advance on the internet. Therefore crusshing all hopes of lining up.

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I sure hope that Lucas doesn't give in to the darkside... in this case, the Fox suits.

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    As Rox said in another thread, May 3 may be the day that tickets go onsale. I'm sure that I mentioned this in this thread already, but last time at Waterworks there was a big line that formed the night before the first group of tickets went on sale. We will have to be prepared once we decide where to go, meaning that we should have someone representing us in the front of the line the entire time. It's no secret that my choice is Loews Waterfront. I can use my credit card to buy up an entire rwo in the VIP section and then sell them back to you guys. Then, we can lineup again on the day of the first showing. I'm in a hurry now, but later tonight I will be back to further discoss what we should do. I propose to make the WaterFRONT our official selection with WaterWORKS as the backup. Who agrees and who disagrees?

12. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    i agree, we are talking about midnight right?

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm all for the Waterfront, if you can get me two tickets when the time comes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.