main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II meet-up 16 May 2002

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Turr_Phennir, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    I know what you're thinking...its ages away yet! However, as tickets are likely to be on sale a few months in advance now seems a good time to get organised.

Therefore I am planning a special meet-up in London on the release date of Attack of the Clones i.e 16 May. The current idea is that we will meet in Central London, most likely during the late morning/lunchtime on Thursday 16th May. I am hoping that we can get tickets for an early afternoon performance at the Odeon Leicester Square, although the exact times/venue will be confirmed nearer the day.

It would be very nice to have loads of you FanForce guys there and so if you can make it and would definitely like to be there, I need to know numbers soon! Please can you confirm to me by Friday 1st Feb at the latest if you definitely will be there on the 16th and how many tickets you require.

I will then buy tickets, hopefully on the first day they're on sale and get us the best seats possible in the house! Any updates will be posted here and anyone want to ask about this or has any ideas/suggestions please either post here, PM me or e-mail: turr.phennir@btinternet.com. Thanks.

The finer details will be arranged nearer the time and I am sure that this will be a great day out and a fantastic opportunity to get together and see the next instalment of the Star Wars saga :)

2. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Good work Mark and best of luck with organising this, I think you're going to need it. :)

I shall of course be there but I'd like to drag one or two of my housemates along so I'll let you know as soon as I find out from them.

3. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    I sense an email I got a little while ago.

:)

Not sure what i am doing! I still aint seen lotr! so planning to see a movie a few months in advanced is far too hard for my small brain to cope with.

4. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    unfortunatly we cant make it as it is mid week. It is impossible for me to take time off college.

5. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    I'll be in the US on the 16th.

But this is the biggest event to happen since the FF/JC board merger so it would be good to get as many people involved as possible. If I could be there, I would.

6. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    The plan was to do the J-Team movie round about the same time in MK in conjunction with seeing the movie at the weekend.

It might be difficult for people to go to London mid-week due to work/uni commitments so my suggestion is that we make our own arrangements to see it on the day it comes out and then get together at the weekend or later on.

7. Beckymonster

Beckymonster Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I'm afraid I'm going to be in Boston, MA that week, so I won't be able to come out and play :(

As much as I think it would be a lot of fun, this Boston trip has been planned for nearly two years (though I still have to book the damn thing!) and it's very idea has kept me sane when all seemed lost...

All the same - have fun!

Becky

8. Capt-Mentalist

Capt-Mentalist Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I'll try .

9. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    Do, or do not. There is no try. ;)

Sorry but someone had to do it. :)

10. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    Yeah but a Mod?

//shakes head w/ disgust

11. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    //looks at floor and shuffles out....

12. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Ofiically my exams aren't over until the 17th but I don't have a date for any of them as yet. So I am unable to confirm. But I'd rather see it up here anyway

13. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    And I'd rather see it here even if it is 6 hours after you do.

14. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I'm not part of the FanForce, but it would be cool to see it with you lot anyway!

15. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    Hey man.

Your part of FF if you post here. All the UK board members are welcome to join the activities.

Everyone is welcome to be part of FanForce. As little or as much as you like. :)

Theres no forms to fill in or anything. ;)

16. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    No thanks

17. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    "Theres no forms to fill in or anything."

And there was I about to try and find some proove of address! Cheers, Alpha_Wolf :D. At least it's a lot less complicated to join that that video rental place. They wanted dental records as well. Very odd place.

18. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, its up to you guys whether you want to come or not. Everyone is welcome, including those not members of the UK FF.

I am going to be quite strict on this - if I don't have your confirmation by 1st Feb, you won't be included.

I am disappointed that the reaction hasn't been more positive from you guys. After all, I was under the illusion that there were some Star Wars fans here? Could I be wrong?

19. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I cant make mid week coz of college, star wars or not I cant take time of college for it

20. Gastrid19

Gastrid19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2001
    what day is that, i shud be able to work it out but i'm lazy :)

cos i'm sure i can take a day off sixth form for it and hopefully sum of me mates will be driving by then :D actually they will be :)

so i might be able to depending what day the 16th is.

21. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    The 16th is a Thursday. I've already booked the day off work :)

22. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    So you think you'll be in a fit state to go into work that Friday morning? ;)

23. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    I've booked the Friday off as well - just in case ;)

24. DARTHPHYSICIAN

DARTHPHYSICIAN Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    I,m in.Let us know about venue tec. when details available.

25. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Hello DP, welcome to the UK FanForce and thanks for your interest. All the details and arrangements will be e-mailed to the interested ppl nearer the time.

Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.