main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II meet-up 16 May 2002

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Turr_Phennir, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
  2. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Ram, is that one in addition to you?!!

3. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    FIRSTLY... Welcome Darth Physician :)

Frankly, Mark. I take offense to that statement!

I think it was stated above that to make arrangements to come down to London midweek would not be possible, either with work/uni commitments or the money aspect. It might be just a couple of quid for you to go down to London but what about LV...or Gav...or Poodu?

AND...as also stated above, we WILL be making our OWN arrangements to see the movie on the first day or whenever AS WAS DISCUSSED in another thread but WILL get together at some point to see it, whether it be London, Exeter, Milton Keynes, Aberdeen...who knows?

And just what, in your opinion, makes a Star Wars Fan anyway? I would really like to hear that!

Just because we don't jump every time you want to organise a London meet up...does that make us any less SW fans that you and your friends?

Just because we don't talk about SW constantly doesnt than make us any less SW fans than people who do?

Just because we have a life outside SW, does that make us any less SW fans than people who don't!?

You were elected into this position Mark. That does not give you the right to make statements of that kind!

As Darth_Asabrush so finely put it, not every member of the FF-UK WANTS TO MEET UP with the others! They are just happy enough to post here every other day to escape the stress or boredom of work.

4. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    Just to reiterate Cass' point, shuddit

5. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000

I'm sure he didn't mean any offense.

It would be good to get everyone together for one night only. If some people can't make it, that's fine. This is the biggest event to happen, when it comes to SW, since this chapter has been official. I'm sure Mark just wants to get as many people there as poss. It's what FF is all about after all.

Maybe a different Venue? Might make it easier to get more people going?

It's unrealistic to expect everyone, from all over the country to get down midweek I agree, which is why I don't think he was reffering to those members. If I wasn't on holiday I'd be there like a shot, because I can. Who better to see EP2 with than FF UK as a whole? I think anybody who can go should try and make the effort. Not because I want a good 'looking' meetup but because I think, if theres a big crowd, it'll be a bloody good laugh. :)

Is there no way yous can get down there Cass?

6. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    No. I cant make any arrangements for holidays this far in advance because I am a temp!

That is why I suggested we all meet up somewhere ON A WEEKEND to accommodate people more.

7. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    Ok, that's fine. The only reason I asked is cos I knew yous wasn't that far away.

8. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Yes, all going together would be good but it ISNT PRACTICAL! Not for mid-week.

And even though Mark may have made that statement in jest. I won't have my loyalty to SW brought into question, just because I don't want to (or can't) take a day off to go down to London to meet up with them to see the movie!

9. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I agree with Cass, that if arranged for a weekend more people would be able to make it. But as it's May most of uni/college students are in exams or its harder to take time from work.

10. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Guy...and Mark.

I am not wanting to cause anything here.

I just think that the purpose of the meet ups is to try and accommodate everyone. And if people can't make it, well they'll have a darn good reason for that.

And YES, 16 May is a pivotal day and the majority of us will see the movie then, either at the London meet up or in their home town/city.

11. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    I know you're not Cass.

Anyway, everyones gonna want to see this thing opening day. So I think the best we can hope for is some sort of 'regional' meetups.

EP2 will be in the theatres for quite some time. I'm sure it will stand up to repeat viewing. Maybe a weekend date further in the future isn't out of the question to try and get everyone together.

and I'll be back from hols then. :D

but I still would like to see everyone that can make it, go to London on the 16th. It's a special day. If you can't make it, it's no problem. :)

12. MomentOfTriumph

MomentOfTriumph Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    thats the puppy

13. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Well thats fine with me.

If Mark wants to organise regional/or city meet ups later on then thats ok. I'll go to one of them :)

I'm sure I'll be seeing the movie more than once anyways...

...even if its pants...which I'm hoping its not but won't be surprised if it is ;)

14. clanger

clanger Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2001
    ...even if its pants...which I'm hoping its not but won't be surprised if it is

There is going to be pants in AOTC?

Oh Goody!!!!!

.........sorry I'm disturbed at the moment! :)

15. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    LOL hey clang

Yes, I hope to see Ewan's pants ;)

16. clanger

Feb 6, 2001
    LOL.

I was thinking more of Natalie's, uh oh, there I go again :)

17. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Yeah, you and most of the chaps on here LOL

18. clanger

Feb 6, 2001
    Hey, I've just had a marketing idea!

"Portman's Pants"

"Boba's briefs"

"Palpatine's Pants".....urghh!

Anyone have Georges number?? :D

Okay, I'm sorry, it was a late night with no alcohol!

19. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Jawa Jocks

Klatu's Kecks

20. clanger

Feb 6, 2001
    Seeing as I hijacked this thread I suppose I'd better post something sensible!

Not much chance of that!

Pants, Pants , Pants!!!! Right got that out of my system! :)

I'd love to go and see AOTC with the UKFF in London, Leicester square is a kick Ass cinema, the atmosphere for Phantom was electric, shame the movie was only gas :(

Unfortunately being in the same backwater as Poodu it will be quite an expensive trip and difficult to do midweek.

On top of that I'd like to go and see it with my friends and the chances of all of us getting time off, being able to afford it and get tickets for the London opening are, remote, to say the least.

We are probably going to see it in Plymouth on the opening day and go to Leicester Square on the Sunday.

I saw The Phantom Menace on its opening day at 10.30am in Exeter with the about 10 of my mates and the other 20 people, what a let down, the atmosphere in London certainly improved my enjoyment of the movie.

Struggling to get to a point here!

I totally sympathise with people not able to make the London Premiere.

I also sympathise with Mark. Organising something like this is a pain in the Butt.

Just a suggestion here, so please don't shoot me!

It will probably help if those of us who cannot make it also inform Mark,in a seperate thread. That way he isn't waiting on anyone, especially those who normally attend meetups.

Anyway, get me, the new boy coming in and shouting his mouth off!! :)

I'll disappear now, got to do some work :(

See you all later.

Andy.

21. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    the atmosphere for Phantom was electric, shame the movie was only gas

Careful, you can get shot for saying things like that in some neck of woods. But not from me, I heartily pat you on the back.

And 2nd(ly), work? don't do it, post instead.

22. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Hey Andy.

All posts are welcomed and relevant.

Even if it is in a thread like this where emotions run high ;)

I would love to go to London but can't. So I'll see it with my boy in the Snowdome in MK like I did with LOTR.

Don't let this thread put you off joining in the [pants] fun ;)

23. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    I hear theres a pukka cinema in disney world though I don't like my chances of getting tickets. :(

24. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    I'm going to watch in my local odeon and then come out and complain about the film. [face_plain]

25. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Oh there is, Alfa.

Downtown Disney (the one you don't have to pay to get into).

I saw Blade and Zorro there.

AND...at The Point. There's a good cinema there too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.