main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II Merchandise ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    In less than 6 hours, the 1st wave of Episode II toys will be officially on SALE!

And tomorrow, you will be able to find toys, books, comics, soundtracks all over Singapore.

This thread will be the RED ALERT Station when any Episode II merchandises are found. Today (22 Apr 02 at 1500hrs), TOYS"R"US Tampines sports a display case full of Episode II figures and vehicles!

Heard from a friend BORDERS is also preparing for tomorrow!

2. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    1ST ALERT!!!!

ALL TOYS RELEASED all over Singapore!

AOTC movie novel found at SUNNY BOOKSHOP, FAR EAST PLAZA on Sunday!

More news coming in!

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Any books or Visual Dictionary or picture books for under SG$20?? :D

4. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    EPII novel just arrived MPH at Parkway Parade. They are still not on the shelf when I was there during lunch time. The cover is Anakin and Padme. S$39.

I am not going to buy it though, don't want to know the story. :)

5. DarthMenace

DarthMenace Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Hi,

Just wondering where I can get the Episode II soundtrack? Went to Tampines Mall but could not find any. I thought Apr 23 was the date it would be launched?

6. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Singapore SUX!~

Today's supposed to bge the launch date.. but guess what?! There's so LITTLE things that are selling..!~!

I went out all the way to Borders.. and they only had the EP2 novel and the cross-sections... NO ART OF STARWARS~~!!~

Damn.. then I went Kino to find.. and the same results..

THE SOUNDTRACK ISN'T EVEN OUT YET!~!~

Man... am I pissed........ :mad:

7. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Soundtrack will be out by next week!

There's no more Count Dooku, Yoda, Anakin Hangar Duel and Clonetroopers left!

8. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Whoa whoa wait wait!

The soundtrack IS OUT. I got mine (the normal cover) from HMV (orchard) at around 4pm+. They were just putting it on the shelves when I got there. They had quite alot of the Collectors covers too. I hope they won't all be snapped up too fast as I want one!

Yeah there wasn't The Art of Star Wars which was disappointing but I bought the cross-sections. I wish I had found the Yoda or Jango figures but there weren't any more. Sob~ :_|

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The Art Of Attack Of The Clones may not be released so early. For TPM, it was sold here some time later, about after a few months?

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    So late? Darn I don't wanna wait so long..
    btw does anyone know where to find the TPM one? Cos I missed it and erm...I kinda want to buy it now. :D

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You can try Kino or Borders. If it's not there, can try to place an order with either one but I think you better ask for the prices and delivery date, and compare between the 2 first.

If you are in the area of Bras Basah, I think there is a shop that may sell such "Arts" books. It's this Indian Shop on the 3rd or 4th level, I can't remember which. If I'm not mistaken, the shop outside color is green and is on the right of Popular Bookstore (your left is facing Populars ;) ) I saw the Arts Of ANH, ESB and ROTJ there before.

12. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    BOrders Orchard was selling the AOTC novel at 30% discount, i.e. $27-ish from the 'usual' $39.66 at about 7:30pm today(23 April).

Now I am going to lock the book in the bottom-most shelf until I see the movie.

Patience... patience.... the temptation...

ARAAARRRRRHHHHHhhh

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Delight - Hahaha...do stay on the light side and don't go over to the dark side. :D. I was at Borders today too and saw the 30% discount. I might go back to buy...

Darth_Eagle - Thanks for the info..I'll go check it out!

14. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    The art bookshop at Bras Barsah is "Bassar".

15. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Today's 8 Days comes with this cardboard Wrapper from Attack Of The Clones! There are 2 different designs! One featuring Anakin & Padme + Count Dook & Clone Trooper, the other is Obi Wan & Mace Windu + Jango Fett!

And, and, I saw something more exciting, At my NTUC Fairprice this evening, I saw this triangular ATTACK OF THE CLONES booth!!! It's placed beside NESTLE products! And from what I heard from the aunties there, there'll be a joint STAR WARS and NESTLE promotions... and with EXCLUSIVE STAR WARS premiums!

Get ready to buy 20 packets of Coco Crunch and Milo!!!!!

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha..20 packs of Coco and Milo? My god..that's alot!

The marketing hype isn't even half as large as what it was for TPM. No KFC, Taco etc etc..

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Not only that, prepare to eat Maggi Mee for your 3 meals for the rest of May... there were tons and tons of Maggi Mee beside the Star Wars booth.

BTW, the NTUC is the one at Singapore Post Centre (beside Paya Lebar MRT).

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I think it might not be Nestle's Coco and Milo. I got the TRIX one today and it comes with Movie Card with 6 to collect:
    -Anakin & Padme
    -Anakin, Yoda & OB1
    -Qui-Gon Jinn & Maul
    -C3PO & R2
    -Mace Windu & Clone Tropper
    -Anakin & Vader

Each Movie card will reveal another related picture underneath it when the card is tilted (like the Mother or all hologram sticker; the primitive "hologram"). For example, the Anakin & Padme one reveals Vader and Leia when tilted. And the item is made in The Philippine.

Psysysy . . .I gonna be sick of TRIX Cereals after eating all 12+ boxes . . . . :p

As for the 8 Days magazine, the cardboard is an ads for Hi!Cards from Pod (Singtel) starting May. There are 3 different Hi!Card AOTC Design to collect but think those who really use the card or is very, very fanatic will get it cause the cards cost quite a lot:
    -Anakin (Head), Padme, OB1 & Mace Windu $50
    -Anakin, Padme, OB1, Mace Windu Heads with Anakin fighting lightsabre with someone (Dooku) in the Sun Ray below $25
    -Anakin, Padme and both kissing in the back $15
    Total: S$90 :eek:

Hope SMRT and Singtel Phonecards will get released soon too!

Ps: Should we discuss on how to open these merchandises with least damage here or in another new thread? ;)

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I think if SMRT were to release cards, it'd be for the EZ card, and no more transitlink cards..but who knows?

I' gotta go get my 8 dAys! :D

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, I sense a much longer line for the EzLink Cards. ;)

I haven't even register for a new Bus Pass (aka EzLink card with my photo) or get the new normal adult EzLink Card or top up my farecard. :( Still got 2 more months till my Bus Pass expired and I hope the school really gonna do the registration for me as rumoured.

That reminded me, whatever happened to the Giro Farecards? Is it still around?

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Not sure, DE..my guess is that they're still around, but not widely used. I'm seeing more and more ppl use the EZlink now. I have to admit, it is quite convenient.

I do hope they come out AOTC versions! Wouldn't mind Transitlink ones too~ heh

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear... :_|

So much merchandise...so little money... :_|

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I thoroughly agree~ =(

24. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    NESTLE continues with it'spromotion. Included in it's BIGGER packs of cereals are AOTC figures, well actually pencil toppers. I got the Clonetroopers, there are Yoda, Jango, Anakin, R2-D2, C-3PO and Darth Vader!

Wow... why suddenly all the products start appearing... Singtel, Nestle, what more?

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm going all over Singapore to search for all postcards, all toys, anything with Star Wars on in! Will be back by evening and I'll post it here on this thread! Stay tuned!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.