EPISODE II REACTIONS???

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by aero-, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    OH MY GOD!!! that was the exactly what i had expected! GIMME SOME FEEDBACK! were you happy/disappointed/screaming the whole time/crying?
  2. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    it was indeed a great movie, i had a fun time waiting in line... i wish more people dressed up and had better quality costumes... and whats up with the guy who told me to sit down while the credits were rolling, everyone was out of the theater already, and he's like...'could you sit down, some people are still watching the screen'... umm.... ok dude, chill out its just the credits....
  3. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    DAMN! that was a freakin awesome movie!! waiting in line was fun alhtough i was disappointed on the lack of fans dressing up. it was still cool though!
  4. Jedi_DuoMaxwell Jedi Padawan

Hey I got dressed up. I was the guy who sat outside of johny rockets between 7:00pm to 8:00pm. I don't know if any of you saw me. I was waiting for glh3586. My robe is a dark greenish-brown. The movie was good. There were a lot of things that I didn't think would happen. Like Anikin lossing his arm. I thought that would happen in Ep.3. So did any of you see me. ohh, I went into Borders while waiting for glh3586 and aside from everyone staring at me (which was funny) Borders didn't have any copies of the Star Wars RPG Revised Core Rule Book. Ohh again, while in line at around 8:45pm my english teacher came and talked to me and glh3586. He got some Jomba Juices but you could tell that he was jealous that glh3586 and I would get to see Yoda kick ass first. And the Matrix trailer was cool. But I can't wait for Ep.3.
  5. Jedi-Squire-R2 Jedi Padawan

That movie rocked sooooooo much!!!! I can't stop talking about it to everyone, or stop thinking about it. I liked that so much!!! That was more than I expected...I knew that it was going to be good.....but geez...it was better than the good I thought....anyway...standing in line with everyone was a lot of fun!!! I can't wait til the next 3 years to see Episode III, and that is when it will really take off!!! I didn't even want it to end!!! Let's do it again!!! Just for the heck of it!!!
  6. blueoakleys Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah it was sooooooooooooooooooooo good. WTF are all the critics saying? There was NOTHING wrong with it OR the acting. The love scenes were great.

I looooooved all the tie ins with the other movies like the Death Star
  7. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    people at the fresno bee are just stupid... did you see those costumes that won? me and valens turned in our pictures and ours look like they could have been in the movies! those costumes that won looked really cheesey and darth maul doesnt have hair! anyways the movie was good and the fresno bee and critics are just stupid! of course people who arent star wars fans arent going to like it... duh... and its episode 2, of course you will have to watch part 1 first, to understand what is going on.
  8. Jedi_DuoMaxwell Jedi Padawan

I say that we go to the Fresno Bee dressed as Jedi and fulfill our duties as members of the Jedi Order and keep peace and order throughout the galaxy by taking over the paper and rewriting the news reviews of the movie to and change it to an A+. Then we will take over all of the news and magazine companies around the world and change all of the ratings to A+'s.

Now who going to help me.

And we need to kill Jar Jar because he is the soul reason that the empire come to power and takes control of the galaxy. It's all his fault. If he wasn't left in charge as the Naboo Senator than this wouldn't have happened. But no, the idiot made the empire. Damn him.
  9. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    actually it was not jar jar's fault... remember in episode one... when amidala voted for no confidence in valorum? and they picked palpatine... it was her fault!
  10. glh3586 Jedi Knight

star 1
    True... very true... hes just part of the problem
  11. Jedi_DuoMaxwell Jedi Padawan

Well that is right. And thank you finney for reminding me. So she screwed up in episode 1 and she does againg by leaving Jar Jar in charge. Then Jar Jar gives palpatine all power. I think that Amidala and Jar Jar should watch episodes 4, 5, and 6. just like Dark Helmet did in Space Balls. So that they don't make any more mistakes.

And did any of you see me at the midnight show?
  12. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed the movie, immensely. While I wasn't even considering any "expert" critics' opinions, seeing the movie and enjoying it gave me a feeling of kicking them all in their teeth. I walked out of Edwards Thursday morning with the aura of "This was the best Star Wars movie EVER". While the majority of Theatre #10 was cheering their heads off for Yoda, I was a bit reluctant to. My complaints?? I thought there was too much HK cinema influence in his dueling style. I don't see the need for wire-fighting in a lightsaber duel. Now, allow me to use this post to "eat crow"---TWICE. I totally bashed the casting of Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. I felt that, while he is a great actor, he would make a crappy Sith/darksider. He totally smashed my fears. His acting once again shined, and he used darkside powers in the same way the Emperor would. His Force Lightning was as devastating as the Emperor's. He tossed Obi-Wan and Anakin to the side like loose trash. Wow. Seeing how Dooku manipulated the Separatists' to get the Death Star plans to Palpatine/Sidious was a high point for me. For those of us who are big fans of the Empire and the Darkside, this was indeed a fine movie for us. I'm not too sure how many of us there are, though, after seeing the line at Edwards. A great deal of the few dressed up were dressed as lightsiders. Myself, DSGeorge, and our other 3 amigos felt rather outcast, with so much good surrounding us. On to my 2nd can of crow: I was very, very skeptical about Hayden's portrayal of Anakin Skywalker. One of my few complaints about Ep 1 was seeing Jake Lloyd portray a child Anakin, basically (in my eyes) spitting on the Vader character. I was angry at this. Coming into Ep II, and seeing how Hayden was being viewed by the internet postings, and magazines, I thought we were primed for a "pretty boy" syndrome. Hayden smashed my fears, just like Lee did. He did an outstanding job. Yes, some of his dialogue seemed forced, as did some other actors/actresses. But folks, do we REALLY watch Star Wars for lines written by Spielberg, or Ron Howard?? No, we watch Star Wars for the experience. For the galaxy far, far away. For the space battles. For the lightsaber duels. For the K.A. storyline that George has all planned out. While the lines don't suck, they aren't written to win Oscars. One of the finest moments I have ever seen in a Star Wars movie came when I watched Anakin holding his mother as she died. I sympathized with him as his blood boiled, and the anger grew within him. When he ignited his saber to slaughter Tusken Raiders, I was cheering him on. George Lucas, thank you for giving me that moment. All in all, the experience was great on Wednesday night, except for the theatre itself. Piss-poor organization. It was great to meet Jedi-Finney, and jedivalens. It was cool to put faces with the board-names. Thank you also for allowing myself, DarksiderGeorge, and our other 3 friends to sit with you in line. We truly appreciate that. And, in 2005, let's make sure to sit during the credits, ok??? :D
  13. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    very good reveiw, i agree with everything you just said! while i was not dressed as a darksider i am more in tune with the dark side! i'd much rather be a sith, than a jedi next time i will be dressed in dark robes, or a storm trooper, or red storm trooper ... hopefully, need to shed about 50 lbs first [face_plain]
  14. Jedi_DuoMaxwell Jedi Padawan

No don't go as a storm trooper, Go as a clone trooper they're better. I just bought the new Star Wars RPG revised core rulebook. They added a lot of cool dark force powers and I am going to make a fallen jedi that uses both light and dark powers with the bounty hunter prestige class. So I will be a fallen jedi/bounty hunter. With a lightsaber, twin blasters, good force powers, and some really good armor.
  15. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah, clone troopers area a lot cooler, but harder to find clone trooper armor than stormies...
  16. Jedi_DuoMaxwell Jedi Padawan

You can make the armor yourself.
  17. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    i can? i'm sure if i knew how, but i do not... d'oh [face_plain]
  18. Jedi_DuoMaxwell Jedi Padawan

Well you have 3 years to learn. You have a lot of time.
  19. Sparticus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I didn't get to see it!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaahaaahaaaaaaa!!! I was moving at midnight, figured I'd still be able to show up in the morning (a bit later than scheduled but still...) Anyway, I get to Edwards and there's like NOBODY THERE!!! Nobody in costume, nothing!!! (I wasn't in full costume but I was carrying my lightsaber around (left my cloak in the car)) It was just like any other day. And since there was no one to hang out with, I didn't have a reason to stick around so we LEFT!! It totaly sucked! I had the chance to see AOTC with hardly a wait and I couldn't even afford a ticket!! I probably wont get to see it untill this weekend *sniff* I'm gonna go cry some more and punch my dad!
  20. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    i just saw it again! yey, its such a good movie, i will probably see it many more times as well. on dvd though. its getting expencive going to the movies so much! plus the dvd should have all the cut scenes and more cool stuff, i cant wait!
  21. glh3586 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Btw. No one has a set of clone trooper armor right now, not even lucasfilm. I'd just go with the stormtrooper armor.
  22. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    actually i did see someone with clone trooper armor... when i find the pic i'll post it...
  23. Sparticus Jedi Knight

star 1
    YAY!! I finaly saw it!!! *drools* This is totaly weird, but I thought when Anakin was riding through the desert on the speederbike, they should have played Crawling (Linkin Park ROCKS) instead of a piece of Duel of the Fates. *shrugs* My favorite part was the speeder chase through Coruscant!!!
  24. glh3586 Jedi Knight

star 1
    oooh i want to see that picture. I have seen soem costuems for clone troopers, but most have just been the stormtrooper armor with a different helmet. We'll see. One of my friends gets the star wars insider and Lucasfilm is considering selling actual Sets of Stormtrooepr armor. They originally didn't want to do it because they thought peopel would think they worked for Lucasfilm. But since fans have started makign sets of it... well they decided to change that policy.
  25. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    that would be cool to see official storm trooper armor for sale! i doubt it will actually happen... i was amazed to see them making the official sabers from master replicas...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.