main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EPISODE II REACTIONS???

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by aero-, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the 501st has some guys/gals sporting the Clonetrooper armor. I would want to see someone construct the plain white trooper armor, not the red-striped officers, or yellow-striped pilots.

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    just about forgot to tell you guys how cool this movie is in DIGITAL! thats right, valens and i were bored last week, so we just thought we'd drive to s.f. to see aotc at the metreon. needless to say it was very much worth the trip up there! i hope we get a digital theater here soon!

3. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Sounds great, Jedi-Finney. I have wanted to see it digitally myself, but I've had no time nor $$ to make a trip. DarksiderGeorge saw AOTC digitally at the Mann's Chinese Theatre a week or 2 ago. I am surprised he has not spoken of it here.....? ;)

4. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I shall comment on my digital viewing experience.... The Digital screens are the only way to go now that I have seen SW on this format. The sound and visuals are stunning. The only problem I had was the theater had no stadium seating and so even average size people could obstruct vision. For those who have not seen the movie on a digital screen, imagine watching it on a giant DVD screen with super speakers. :D

5. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I think it was Great. The love scenes need some help (what can you expect? I'm a girl and I havd a certain idea of how the scenes would look. I spent all of the last 2 months of Algebra fantasising about that) but other than that, I liked it.

Why play Crawling when you have John Williams composing the score? I mean come on no other Star Wars song has words, why start now!? It seemed as though the song Duel of the Fates was appropriate considering what was going on in his head and on Tatooine.

6. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    True... John Williams is Da Man but it just popped into my head *shrugs* It woulda worked too, I think. :)

7. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Waiting in line was fun. My friend got there at 6:00am Wednesday to stand in line. Surprisingly there was someone else already in line! Ha! So he was second, and saved me a spot. I got there around 7:00pm, and unbeknownst to me my friend had saved spots for about 5-10 other people! So we got out a big ass table and played board games and drank soda until 12:00am. So if you saw a big ass table at the front of the line at Edwards, that was us! Ha!

Hey, for those of you who went to Edwards...did you see that guy dressed up as a dark jedi? He was wearing an all black leather jedi costume. He was the most bad-ass looking guy I've ever seen. He looked like he could kick ANYONE's ass. What's funny is...I saw this family getting their picture with him, like he was some kind of cardboard cut out. It was hilarious

Anyway, it was fun. And the movie was awesome to back it up. Overall great experience, can't wait for Episode III! GO YODA!

8. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i think that was dsgeorge you were talking about in the all black, and yeah his costume was the most bad ass!

9. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    yeah his costume kicked ass!

10. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for the accolades guys!!! IM ALL SMILES :D Hey, Jedi Apprentice, do you think I was "badass", hehehe totally cool!!! MY head is just too big right now. Your kudos on my costume means alot, I feel that your tastes in costumes runs pretty high. I wasnt aware that I was a cardboard cutout, maybe I could start a career in the cutout field, LOL!! The costume deserves a major thanks to my girfriend Teresa, she constructed it herself, we scoured our books and net material. I will construct a new utility belt and I WOULD LOVE a "Malestrom" Parksaber. I will also plug Teresa's new "business". She is willing to create costumes for people on special order. She is an excellent seamstress and with the right materials she will make sure that you will have a movie quality costume. You guys can spread the news if you want!! :D

11. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    He was wearing an all black leather jedi costume. He was the most bad-ass looking guy I've ever seen. He looked like he could kick ANYONE's ass.

This cannot be describing DarksiderGeorge. [face_laugh]

12. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I must second what DSGeorge says, that Teresa makes excellent costumes. She did a fine job on my outfit, even though the task was charged to her very late in the process. I gave her a basic Exar Kun-esque design, with a little Dooku influence. While my costume was nowhere as well thought out as DS', I thought it was excellent quality-wise. However, my choice of boots jobbed the costume's appearance, slighty. 2 thumbs up!

13. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    I have been known to assault people from time to time. I prefer the "Palpatine" role, but when necessary I have fought people and damn near knocked their asses out. Perhaps this belongs on a new "fighting" thread? What do you guys think? We can talk about some fights you guys have had. Or maybe I should go back to the playground and bully people, eh? LOL!! Allow me to state that by no means am I a thug. I am a nice guy, trust me :D

14. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
  15. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    We will find some new boots for you Jirin, In fact we are going to experiment with some "armor plating" using plastic or styrofoam. This would make an excellent addition to your costume. There is some pretty cool stuff that can be done with these costumes. The sky's the limit when you have total control of what you make.

16. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    " I think that guy was Dime Bag Darell" who the hell is Dime Bag Darell anyway? :confused:

17. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Alas, being an individual who is not very creative does not help, què no? I may have to enlist my bro to help me visualize, as he is the artist of the family. ;)

18. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Jirin, yeah that's him on the far left. LOL. That's funny, I saw JediValens and Jedi-Finney in line too, although I didn't realize they were the dudes on the Internet board, heh. And the two guys that Finney and JediValens met in line and took a picture with, I know those guys too, they go to my school. Cool

Anyway, DSGeorge, I remember I told you, in line that night, that I thought your costume was bad ass. That's weird that all you guys post here. Ha.

Matter a fact...take a look at this pic.
    [image=http://home.attbi.com/~jedi-valens/DSC00003-2.jpg]
    See the guy on the right? the faarr right, he's in a black t-shirt... that was the first guy in line. We were right behind him, we had a big white table set out with a bunch of food and coolers. Man, it was a mad house when the Edwards manager came out at around 10:30 and said they'd be letting us inside shortly. It was a MAD RUSH back to our cars to pile all the crap in and get back in line. Whew. But damn that night was fun. Definitely can't wait for Episode III. We gotta meet up or something, or have a Fresno Fan Force started by then

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I had no clue that night who was who from these boards. DSGeorge picked out Jedi-Finney with one guess. I don't know how in the Hell he did it, but he did. Both Finney and jedivalens were very hospitable and cool that night. Thanks again, guys.

BTW, The Jedi Apprentice, I'm the 2nd from the right in the pic I posted above. [face_blush]

20. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    yeah it was cool seeing the faces of the names on these boards.

21. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Ah...Jirin is Mr. Guy Who Speaks With A Scottish Accent, Alex. I'd be that large fellow who hangs around with Andrew Isaac. Good day, sir.

22. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    my mistake, looking at the wrong picture. and i can't edit my other message for some reason. hm, oh well, sorry jirin! heh

23. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Not a problem. You had me there, I know for a fact I do not speak with a Scottish accent! Not that it is a bad thing, but I do not have one!

24. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
  25. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Anyone think this thread will pick up again once we all have the DVD (or VHS---How elitist of me to think everyone has a DVD player) and have watched the movie 10 more times? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.