main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II Release on DVD and Video at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya,

Just to let you know Jaena has done a little research and says that Wal-Mart is planning a big event for the Episode II release on DVD and Video. It sounds really fun and what he suggests is that we should try and see if we can be there in costume while people buy their Videos and DVD's. On Monday, Jaena and I are going to talk to the Wal-Mart GM about setting up something. I think it'd be a great idea and it sounds like a lot of fun.

-Universal

2. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Cool, I was gonna check Blockbuster, but Wal-Mart would probably be cooler. I am definately up for that.

3. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    This is gonna be sweet!

4. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    An Update:

Wal-Mart is gonna give us the times that we can be there in costume. Since I know Jedi Robes or Armor don't have pockets they are gonna set up a place for us to change into our armor and robes respectfully. Right now we are allowed to carry force pikes, blasters and lightsabers alike, and there is a chance that we might be allowed to come back on the weekend.

I've already altered my schedule so that way I can be there on the weekends. Please let me know if there's anything else that you can think of. Remember for those of us with Helmets we must drink plenty of fluids otherwise we are gonna get dehydrated real quickly.

If there are any questions or comments don't hesitate to ask me or send a message to Jaena. Also there is a vote going up on our boards.

After I talked to Jaena on Monday, he's really into the prop building area. I am going to set up a two day poll for us to vote on a new officer position. This is just Props officer. Let me know what you guys think.

-Jane

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Very cool! Good luck! :D

6. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Do we know are they going to have a midnight release? When are ya'll planning on being there? I am going out of town for a few days on the 14th, but I will definately be there on the 12th.

7. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I believe so, but they also want us there on the 12th.

-Jane

8. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    Which Wal-Mart? I only know of one and that's in New Bern. :confused:

9. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    There's a super Wally in Morehead, too.

10. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    The Wal-Mart in Morehead City.

C'mon and join us this promises to be fun. :)

11. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    An update: Wal-Mart is a no-go. The legal department turned us down. :( Ok other options?

12. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Cool, that is third on my to do list right now, after Labria and William Wallace.

Do you have the hours we are going to be there?

13. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I don't. Wal-Mart's legal department turned us down. :(

Jarik is Blockbuster still open?

Maybe we can ask them.

14. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Forget Blockbuster!!!

Jaena did talk to the Manager at On-Cue. He seems really enthused at the idea of us being there in costume. We are going to meet with the Manager at Noon Wednesday, to hopefully set up times for us to be there in costume. I'd rather work On-Cue than Blockbuster myself.

We'll keep you updated on the situation. :)

-Jane

15. Menacing_Brightstar

Menacing_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2001
    Sorry that the Wal-Mart gig fell through, but I will keep my fingers crossed for On-Cue. :)

16. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    GOOD NEWS!

We got On-Cue. That's right guys we are doing On-Cue. Jaena and I have successfully gotten us On-Cue. Basically, all we need to do is be there on the 11th at 10:30-11:00 to dress into our uniforms and armor alike. Then at 12, the doors open. Seriously this is gonna be fun.

They've asked us to come back on the 12th during the day and on the weekend. We are very excitied and they are as well.

I'm gonna write a small story and post it on the website for us to read. Basically the general plot right now is that TD-1300 and TR-7483 were on their way to one of the Emperor's home worlds to begin their new assignments. However, a rebel force attacked and destroyed the fleet that they were in. Having been able to reach escape pods on their Star Destroyer, they are the only two survivors. Now they have landed on this planet that has been deemed not to be disturbed by the Emperor until the time is right. Not knowing that one of the Enemies of Lord Vader and Emperor Palpatine is still alive....a Jedi.

17. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Sounds groovy, I am starting my leave two days early so I can be there all day on the 12th. My daughter will be joining us for a little while, too. She will be my Padawan, of course ;)

I'm thinking of some ideas for the leaflets too, to give them a little more pep, i'll bring my laptop in the car on saturday. I have a pretty nice color printer, so even if we leave them we can at least print varied colors.

I guess I should ask if we will be able to hand out our leaflets there? Did you guys talk about that?

18. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Cool Jarik!

No we didn't leave any there. We should've though. Hmm basically we meet on the 11th at 10:30-11:00 and get into our costumes then we wait. Supoosedly someone's gonna get the Newspaper there as well so this promises to be fun!

-Universal

19. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.