main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Episode II Silvercity Riverport Info

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by the_code, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_code

the_code Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Tickets went on sale Wednesday morning at 11:30 am.

There is no 12:01am showing scheduled for Thur. May 16th.

There is only one theatre, (#1) playing the film.

Showtimes starting May 16th are 12:00, 3:30, 7:00, 10:30.

"There will be no DLP showing of the film on May 16th." -Theatre Manager.

If by any chance there will be a DLP showing on May 16th, you can exchange your tickets for that showing. You can do this as soon as a DLP showing is announced, and does not necessarily have to be done on the day of the showing on May 16th.

If they start a DLP showing after May 16th, you can still exchange you tickets for that showing, but this probably has to be done before the showing on your current ticket.

The letters "DLP" will be added to the movie listing on their site and in the paper.

As far as they know, DLP tickets will not be more expensive.

Spiderman is currently playing in their DLP cinema, (#5).

The best seating for a DLP showing is about 6 rows from the back. If you sit too close to the screen the film will look pixelated.

The quality of a film showing for the first few showings will be basically as good as the quality of a digital showing.

Lucasfilm is reluctant to release more than one copy of the film. It's still not known when or if the film will be playing in more than one theatre.

Tix are $8.50 for matinees and $13.50 for evening shows. There are no refunds, only exchanges.

For info on the DLP showing of episode II go to: http://www.dlp.com/dlp/cinema/movies.asp.

Hope I was more helpfull than a pre-recorded message.

2. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Yes. Definately more helpful than those stupid recorded messages.

I have to say though, when I bought my tickets today I asked the guy at the counter and he was pretty optimistic about DLP being there in time for May 16th.

Also, remember, those theatre managers were the same people that kept saying, "we don't know, we don't have a date yet...etc" and then less than 12 hours later BAM! tix go on sale. Ha, don't know my a**.

This thread should also be a thread where people can post what they know about DLP at Riverport.

3. Chill

May 2, 2002
    if you go over to the DLP site and look down the newly updated list of theatres that are going to show aotc digitally, about 10 boxes down, silvercity riverport is listed. now the list has just been updated so i don't think this is speculation, i think this is somewhat finalized. but until i see it on the official star wars site or riverport actually starts selling tix for dlp, i'm still not sure.
    here's the link:
    http://www.dlp.com/dlp/cinema/movies.asp

4. anakin__skywalker

anakin__skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2001
    Why are they only showing the film in one theatre? Do you think they will open up more in the first week of the showing?

5. Chill

May 2, 2002
    we'll right now they only have one theatre scheduled. but i was told, at riverport, that more theatres will be scheduled to show aotc by the 16th. possible one dlp and one film. also it's been said that FOX/Lucasfilm are keeping the number of print to a minimum.

6. Chill

May 2, 2002
    Alright! Listen up all Star Wars fans who want to see AOTC in DLP.
    SilverCity Riverport has finally got their full schedule together and DLP is on the list. I believe the DLP shows are at 1pm, 4:20pm, 7:50pm and 11:10pm, but I'm not a 100% sure. Should ask before handing over your money. Remember, the DLP projector is in Cinema 5. I bought tickets to the 4:20pm show. Sorry midnight goers, no DLP at the 12:01am show. And just as a side note, looks like Riverport is going to have a total of 5 theatres showing AOTC. I think that's the most I've ever seen Riverport have of one movie, but I could be mistaken. Who said Lucasfilm is trying to limit the number of copies?

7. Chill

May 2, 2002
    Tickets went on sale Wednesday May 8th at 11:30 am for Cinema #1. Tuesday May 14th at 11:30am tickets went on sale for an additional 4 theatres.

There are 5 theatres showing AOTC including a DLP theatre. DLP is theatre #5.

There is now a 12:01am showing scheduled for Thur. May 16th in Cinema #1. If you are buying at the Fast Lane machine look under May 15th.

Showtimes starting May 16th are 11:30am, 11:45am, Noon, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 3:15pm, 3:30pm, 3:50pm, 4:20pm, 6:30pm, 6:45pm, 7:00pm, 7:20pm, 7:50pm, 10:00pm, 10:15pm, 10:30pm, 10:50pm, 11:10pm

Please check with box office which shows are DLP.

DLP tickets are not more expensive.

The best seating for a DLP showing is about 6 rows from the back. If you sit too close to the screen the film will look pixelated.

Tix are $8.50 for matinees and $13.50 for evening shows. There are no refunds, only exchanges. The midnight show is $13.50.

For info on the DLP showing of episode II go to: http://www.dlp.com/dlp/cinema/movies.asp.

Hope this updates what the_code first posted nicely.

8. ITHORiANjanitor

ITHORiANjanitor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    thanks for the info...nice that Famous Players finally got their act together, it just may be too little too late for some people. I myself am heading to the midnight showing at Strawberry Hill...slightly longer drive but ah well..there'll probably be more people there which is either a good or bad thing (depending on you opinion). I think the first show atmosphere is much more intense with more people anyways...

I have tix for the 12 noon showing on the 16th too, Im gonna see if that will be a DLP showing or not.

9. Chill

May 2, 2002
    the 12 noon show is not DLP. but you can get it exchanged at the box office for a DLP show. that's what i did.

10. DarthHall2002

DarthHall2002 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2002
    ya man i saw it out in richmond in the # 5 (dlp) theatre there it rocked! man i love this movie it was great! THE DEATH STAR MAN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.