Episode II Sneak Preview Figures Out NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Nashville, TN' started by Toymaster, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    This morning on the way to work, I swung by Wal-Mart (the Charlotte Pike location) and picked up the 4 new Episode II sneak preview figures. They had 6 cases with 3 of each figure per case. Nice looking sculpts; I'm very impressed and like the way the figures are posed a lot more than I though I would. An interesting note, the figures would not scan at the cash register, so I had to go back and grab a swimming Jar Jar for them to scan. While I was gone, a girl from the toy department had walked up and started talking to the cashier. When I got back, she said that they wouldn't scan because they couldn't sell them yet (yeah, right). I think she may have been just trying to push my buttons because it didn't take much persuading to get them to scan in the Jar Jar X 12 and sell them to me. Anyhoo, be on the lookout for these figures!!!
  2. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
    If they weren't allowed to sell them yet then why did they have them out in the open already?
  3. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, he is talking about Wal-Mart. They're not exactly the most efficient or organized guys on the block...
  4. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    True, it is Wal-Mart we're talking about here, but the figures weren't actually out in the open--they were still in the cases (6 of them) sitting on top of a "Planet of the Apes" display. Funny thing, all 6 cases had been opened. Hmmm...

I stopped back by this afternoon on my way home from work, and there were no figures in sight. This means that they either sold all 60 figures in under 12 hours or they stuck them back in the stock room for some unknown reason. My guess is they stuck them in the back, because there was no place for them to have ever been placed in the isle.

Another interesting note, these figures will not fit in the Protecto Pak cases that I keep all of my figures in. The cards are the same size, but the bubble is too thick. Guess I'll have to throw them in the box with Swimming Jar Jar and the Destroyer Droids...

Happy hunting!
    -Toymaster

5. RocketX Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wal-Mart on Nolensville Road has put them out too. They are on the end caps, scattered around the toy department. I had no problama buying them. There were at least 30 or 40 figures, but not one Jango Fett.
  6. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Because of that we know that Jango is a popular figure. He may just become a rare one already.
  7. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    None of these figures are any more scarce than the other. The cases that I saw at Wal-Mart had 3 each of everybody. It's just those damn scalpers trying to make a buck right off the bat, when we know that these figures will be everywhere in the next few weeks. I wouldn't pay a dime more than $6.44 for any of them.
  8. RocketX Jedi Knight

star 1
    They had these things scattered all over the toy department so I could have missed a rack of them. I feel that we will be able to swim in these in a month!
  9. obi_john Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, I went to the Fayetteville Wal-Mart tonight and found all four of the preview figures. They had quite a few of each one.

John
  10. autographjeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    I need a Jango-- someone email me at ukjeff19@yahoo.com if you have one or see them somewhere... thanks
  11. IrishThunder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I picked up my set today also. I had to go to 2 Walmarts (Southaven and Senatobia, MS) to find a Jango. Mine wouldn't ring up either. The cashier asked me the price and I was like "Uh, I think they are 5.99 or 6.99" she rang them up 5.99 and I was out. They are pretty cool. I like the Clone Trooper and of course Jango. Zam and R3-T7 are sweet too. I'm looking forward to the new packaging and figures.
  12. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    The Charlotte Pike Wal-Mart now has their figures out on the shelf and apparently for sale (the same figures that they "couldn't sell yet" on Tuesday). Similar to other reports, they have plenty of everybody BUT Jango. Hmmm...some of those money grubbing Hot Wheels collectors must think they can make a buck off of 'em. But anyway, if you are in need of Zam, R3 or the Clone Trooper, be sure and swing by the Charlotte Pike Wal-Mart.

Happy hunting!
    -Toymaster

13. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm thinking of getting a job in the toy dept. of Wal-Mart so I can give news on the latest toys to come out.
  14. autographjeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    Has anyone found an extra Jango Fett for me? Thanks....
  15. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
  16. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just got back from the Smyrna Wal-Mart and they had about 4 Jango's in the aisle. They might have more in the back though.

I was surprised to see that they had every single Sneak Preview figures in.
  17. autographjeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    i WENT to the smyrna one on saturday... they didnt have any JANGO.... did you happen to get an extra for me?? I am needing one still? anyone got an extra?
    Thanks

Jeff
  18. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didn't pick any of them up. I'm broke at the moment. I wish I could have gotten some though. Maybe next time I go I'll have enough money to get them. And if I do I'll get an extra Jango and bring it to the next meeting (If I make it) and you could pay me. Or better yet if you could get me a ride to the next meeting that would be the price of the figure. Then you wouldn't owe me any money.
  19. autographjeff Jedi Knight

star 1
    That would be cool-- but i cant attend next meeting... where do you live? I am in LaVergne.... you?

Autograph Jeff
  20. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Smyrna. We're practically neighbors. I visit a friend of mine all of the time in La Vergne.
  21. Wampa_Stompa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, if you can get ME a Jango, I'll give you a ride. I live in Murfreesboro.
  22. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can try. That would be so awesome.
  23. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, what is up with this??? Tonight I was at the Wal-Mart in Cool Springs, and just out of curiosity I asked the guy working in the toy department if they had gotten in the sneak preview figures yet (since I have never seen them there). He said that they had indeed gotten them in, but they were all in the back because they could not sell them yet. On top of this, he said that nobody is supposed to be selling them yet.

OK, I do remember hearing something about sneak preview figures going on sale March 16th, but, um, THAT WAS TONIGHT! Are the folks at this Wal-Mart so stupid that they think they have to hold these figures until April 23??? Why would they get figures at the beginning of March if they couldn't sell them until 7 weeks later? It'll serve them right in the end--by the time they finally DO put these out, everybody will already have them, so their figures will just get to sit there and collect dust just like the 50 or so Bacta Lukes that they still have for full price (grabbed one for my brother for $5 at the Wal-Mart in Dickson last night, by the way).

I don't know what kind of luck anybody else has had, but I have NEVER found ANYTHING good at the Cool Springs Wal-Mart. They always seem to A) Not have anything new, or B) Get stuff in WAY after everybody else does.

So anyway, I guess if you still don't have the preview figures in your collection by April 23, then maybe the Cool Springs Wal-Mart is the place for you. ;)

-Toymaster

24. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I am with you Michael. My wife and I went to the Cool Springs Wal-Mart the other day and they had.. ZILCH!! That's right. NO preview figures! What a crock-a BS. I am going to go to the one in Columbia and see if they have any.
  25. obi_john Jedi Knight

star 1
    Elan, hold up on going to Columbia. The Super Wal-Mart opens the 20th and when I went by last week, the store had very little in it. Getting ready for the move I guess..

John
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.