main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Episode II Sneak Preview Figures Out NOW!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Toymaster, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Thanks a mill. I will hold out.

2. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I've always noticed that whenever they start building a super center in a particular area, the old store winds up not having jack squat.

3. Wampa_Stompa

Wampa_Stompa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, the crappy Murfreesboro Wal-Mart hasn't had anything, and I've been there four times! They have Bacta Luke though...

4. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Qui-Gonn_Jeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    It's true...It's true. After checking 4 different Wal-Mart stores and 2 Targets these figures are out in abundence. Jango Fett seems to be the scalper flavor of the month. All of the following stores that had E2 preview figures had no Jango Fett.
    As of 3/16/02 Dickson Wal-Mart had only E2 preview figures sans the Jango Fett. Charlotte Pike Wal-Mart had a few E2 preview figures and a few of the regulars. Bellevue Toys R Us, as usual, didn't have squat. Franklin Wal-Mart had a few of each type of figures. Cool Springs Toys R Us, as usual, didn't have squat. Cool Springs Target had some preview figures, but all blister packs were mashed, as was the case at the White Bridge Road Target. Reports from my source on the Clarksville Wal-Mart: all figures, no Jango Fett. And last but not least Clarksville Toys R Us, as usual, didn't have squat.
    The pattern I've noticed with these Wal-Mart stores is that it depends on what time of the day you get there and who you talk to.
    Toymaster reports that a Wal-Mart employee said they could put them out yet, but I was in the same store probably 8 hours earlier and found them. I can vouch for Toymaster on this plight. I have been to the Dickson Wal-Mart as early as 8 am and found a treasure trove, go back the same night and they will deny ever getting the items in. And to answer his question, "Yes, Wal-Mart employees are stupid. I compare them to 'King of the Hill's Mega Low Mart employees."

5. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah I know the Target in Cool Springs got snatched up by employees-- I used to work there and they alway got first crack... but they only got one of each figure... but they was like 6-8 of us there too. As for Cool Springs WalMart-- I went this morning and nothing at all still.
    AutographJeff

6. mynocknotyours

mynocknotyours Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    cool-springs wal-mart told me the same thing, except that they will be putting out the figures on March 22, not April 22. So then I went to Franklin K-Mart and lo and behold they had tons of all the preview figures!!! I was freaking out right there, being able to take my pick from all the different grades of packaging. I managed to get them all in pristine, non-priced condition!! Of course I left plenty for my fellow collectors.
    As for the idiots at wal-mart,do you think it's possible that they have the new line of AOTC figures that get released next month,and that they might mistakenly put them out this month? Wouldn't that be cool? I will be there to check and see, for sure.
    One more thing, as of late afternoon Sunday, Target cool springs still had all preview figures EXCEPT Jango Fett, also had LEGO Jedi Starfighter.
    Anyone know if the Hasbro Jedi Starfighter is available anywhere around here? Thanks. 8-}

7. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I had wondered about the release date on these and why only Wal-Mart had them early. I did some checking, there is a release date, but I get several answers on when it is. It is basically between now and 4 weeks prior to the main release (April 23). Wal-mart has just goofed up with letting these out, albeit probably intentually. They are natorious for ignoring release dates on books and are frequently fined. The fines are usually just a minor monotory sum to a corporation like Wal-mart and it draws the customers if they know something is there and no where else.

8. LanceWindu

LanceWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    I went to Wal-Mart today for a job interview and they didn't have any more Star Wars Preview figures. They didn't even have the shelfs up for them. No price stickers announcing them either. Even though the last time I went there they had them.

9. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    The Wal-mart in Cool Springs had a ton of the Sneak Preview figures today. I went at lunch time, around 1:00, and they even had to put some on the shelf below because they wouldn't all fit on the pegs. Lots of clone trooper and Jango Fetts. If you haven't been able to find them, look no further. They were $6.44 + tax a piece.

10. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Wal-Mart Cool-Springs had TONS of all characters today as of 11 am. No "blue package" items yet, though. I guess we'll just have to wait until April 23!

11. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Saturday March 30th, TRU Cool Springs had all but Jango Fett- no AT-ST though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.