main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Episode II spoiler discussion in the South Region

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Okay, Episode II's release, as well as the trailer's release is getting closer every day, and I feel that it would be best to make a decision about whether to allow spoilers in in the FanForce -- South Region. As far as the South Region General Discussion board goes, the answer is no. I base this decision on what is best for everyone who may check in on this board. Although you can tell based on post counts that the "spoilers allowed" forum is more popular than the "spoiler-free" forum in the JC Movie section, there are still a number of people that do not want to read these. Since this board might commonly be read by anyone in the South Region, I do not feel that it would be fair to those few that may want to post here.

Now, as far as your city forum goes, I will leave that up to the individual city. I recommend having a thread in your city forum that says something like "Spoilers or Spoiler-free?" Take a poll among your members, and decide based on that. A sample ballot would look like this:

1. All spoilers, all the time.
    2. Spoilers allowed, with warnings in the thread title that say "spoilers."
    3. No spoilers whatsoever.

Keep in mind that this should not be decided by a simple majority. Try to do what's best for everyone involved. We don't want to scare away valuable members by posting things that they don't want to hear (and remember, we have an entire forum set aside just for discussing the prequels, with spoilers allowed). My personal recommendation is option #2 or #3. Also, remember that there may be more people stopping by your forum in the next year and a half that haven't registered yet, and you might be deciding for them as well.

2. master_kon_ack

master_kon_ack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    I agree. I am one of those people that do not want to know a thing about Ep II...It took a lot of will power not to look at spoilers for Ep I and I never regreted it. Great decision, Hama-Ryu Kinnebi!

Master Kon-ack Sunlock

3. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    I agree also, I do not want to have spoilers, not because it would ruin the film for me, that could never happen, but for others that it may bother, this is why I support this.

Good job Kinnebi! :)

Darth Sin!

4. The Larch

The Larch Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    Me too, either #2 or #3. Really, IMO, I don't see a need for regional spoiler discussion when there's already a place for it at the regular TF.N forums. But there should at least be a spoiler warning in the thread title. Personally, I'm pretty weak, so I'm reading a lot of the spoiler reports on TF.N. :) But I don't really want to discuss them, in fact I'm trying to forget them! I got a little too spoiled before Ep. I, so I'm at least *trying* to show some restraint this time. I'm glad TF.N makes you hightlight them so I don't just stumble onto a spoiler.

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I remember reading the written storyboards online, as well as the novel version of "The Phantom Menace" before seeing it in the theaters. What was I thinking? I'll still read some spoilers, but I'd like to leave a few surprises (like Qui-Gon's death, for example) for the big screen.

6. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    I hope they keep things about Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus a tight secret.

Darth Sin!

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I've seen the two names posted together in cast lists. I'm not sure it's much of a secret anymore.

8. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Still, it's hard for me to see Christopher Lee "dooking" out with Ewan and Hayden. How old IS this guy now? You never know though. Lucas will probably find a way to make him appear overwhelming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.