main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Episode II ticket on-sale? Anyone?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tyles, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyles

Tyles Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2001
    Does anyone know when some local theaters, mainly in the KC area, like the Westglen 18, are going to be putting up the tickets for sale? Could anyone find out?

Tyles

2. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I called the local AMC theaters and was told tickets do go on sale this Friday and that there is no midnight showing as far as they know. :(

3. yngluke

yngluke Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    I also called Olathe 30 AMC. They said that tickets go on sale Friday the 3rd. They were not sure of a midnight showing. Does anyone know if we can buy the tickets online????

4. TheHighEmperor

TheHighEmperor Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    I don't know about online tickets, but AMC Barrywoods 24 are selling tomorrow morning, and offer a midnight showing.

Anyone else heard this same news?

THE.

5. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I don't know which theater is the better choice. AMC or Cinemark? Damn, I wish the Glenwood was still standing. Last time it was a no brainer. Of course it was the Glenwood! Blah.

6. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    I am seeing the midnight show at an AMC theater near me but I plan on making a trip to the AMC Studio 30 in Olathe since they are the only theater near us to offer the film in digital (which is supposed to be just incredibly awesome visually and in its sound quality).

At Celebration II Rick McCallum also seemed to imply that they are still adding scenes to the digital version and that there will be additional scenes in it. He just said something like "you will definitely want to see both versions".

~Edit~
    Forgot to add that I also saw SW in 1977 at the Glenwood.. many times actually. Ah yes, the great memories. :) And talk about lines. The lines at Celebration II reminded me of standing and waiting to get tickets for that back then.

7. cusqueno

cusqueno Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I purchased tickets for the Olathe Studio 30. As of Saturday, they could not confirm they would have a digital copy of E2. Midnight shows were scheduled for auditorium 15 and 25. I believe the digital showings are usually in 14.

8. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Thanks for the info. :) I'll be sure and call before I purchase tickets there so I can find out if it's in the digital auditorium or not.

9. sacul327

sacul327 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2001
    This afternoon, Olathe 30 told me they were sold out for all midnight shows. Town Center 20 won't confirm a midnight show yet because of some Leawood City law prohibiting them to stay open that late. :rolleyes: However, I saw TPM there at midnight last time and they didn't release the tickets 'til that afternoon. I'm hoping for something similar for Ep. II.

I don't really care whether I see the digital version or not on May 16th, as long as I get in somewhere at midnight!!

10. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I just went ahead and bought tickets at the Merriam Cinemark. They advertised a 12:01 showing and I didn't want to fool with it. I just hope the audience behaves themselves. Not to sound like a Johnson County snob, even though I am, but that theater draws a lot of customers from Wyandotte and there really is a marked difference in behavior...and it's not a good one.

11. Tyles

Tyles Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2001
    Thanks for the info from everyone:) Does anyone know about the Westglen 18 though?

12. sacul327

sacul327 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2001
    Get over there now!!! I just picked up 5 tickets to Westglen's 12:01 a.m. show. There were over 300 seats left as of 5:30 CDT, today. They're showing it in one auditorium only (the biggest one, I guess) and the girl at the box office didn't know if it will be digital.

I think Town Center 20 will have a midnight show as well but I didn't want to gamble on it.

Maybe I'll see you at Westglen, Tyles.

13. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Geez, it's not a big deal here. I just head down the street to the Dickinson plaza.

14. sacul327

sacul327 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2001
    Looks like Town Center 20 has some midnight tickets available now...wish I had waited!
    :p

15. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Got 2 tickets for the 16th (10am and 6:20pm). I'm going home (kansas) after I watch the 6:20 one. It's a 10hr drive, so I'm watching the 10am showing, going to bed, waking up, watching the 6:20 showing and then leaving from the theater to drive to SEK...no way I'll be fallin asleep on the road after just watching SW :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.