main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Episode II tickets

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Does anyone know when i can buy the tickets for episode 2? I've been waiting ages [we all have]. How much will the cost for a 15 year old

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I assume that apart from the usual cinema ticket booths, Outer Rim is trying to organise something,
    as for the price of a 15 year old, don't know anyone who sells them, sorry,

3. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Currently, no-one is releasing tickets for sale. Mainly because a lot of the cinemas, havent even finalised thier deals with Lucasfilms, and most of us remember what they are like.

I shall explain:

Cinemas: "Please Lucasfilms, can we have lots of copies of Episode I"

Lucasarts: "Only if you have lots of money and all the cinemas have digital sound."

Cinemas: "****!"

You get the general idea.

I will be going in to Greater Union Innaloo tomorrow, to see thier promotions manager to see what kind of deals we can arrange.

As soon as I find out, I will be holding a committee meeting, to discuss how we will be going about everything, and then we will make it public. I will also be posting the dates for public sales of tickets.

DS

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Great!!! When episode 1 came out i wasnt expecting to see the premiere screening but my dad bought the tickets. I was stoked.

5. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    What we'd really like is to make an arrangement with a cinema that will allow us to sell tickets for a club screening. Of course as DS said, that will all have to wait at least until the cinemas themselves know what's going on.

6. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    have we found out who sells 15 year olds yet :D

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Scotch, cheese or collectibles?

8. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    *gets a really bad mental image* ewww even i'm not going there with a comment

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    pointy stick.. pointy stick.. pointy stick.. :p

10. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    *takes extra pointy stick *

11. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    OK, we are currently having a few snags with the premiere.....

1. I have contacted the major cinemas in regards to some sort of premiere, and all of them said that they would love to do something like that..... the Monday after the premiere.... 4 days after.

2. Greater Union couldn't seem to wrap thier heads around the fact that we didn't neccessarily want a discount, more like we just advance sell 1 cinemas worth of tickets, then provide light entertainment, with people in costumes and the like.

I am still waiting on a reply from them, but I am intending on going in there in person, and explaining exactly what it means and this time I talk in THIER language... I tell them just how much money that will make them. :)

For normal public viewing, the tickets will be available approx 2 weeks before the premiere.... that was pretty much standard across all the cinemas......

12. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    So who holds the premiere then?

13. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    So who holds the premiere then?

14. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Every cinema who has purchaced the movie, will be showing them simultaneously. Supposubly (is that even a word) another midnight screening.

15. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    So whats the plan dude ?

16. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    currently my plan involves pestering them until they either give in, or we just all organise to go to the same screening in costume and making a total racket anyway......

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    If we are going in costume I wanna look like my pic here.

<----------

18. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    What is it that the cinema's want? (Apart from money) Or do they just want to be greedy and hold it themselves?

19. Darth_Pozzi

Darth_Pozzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2000
    Anymore news on tickets?

Maybe for the Grand Cinemas at Bunbury? :)

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yeah, how are the tickets going? Are we going with Sith_Gecko's design? How are they being printed? Etc etc... :)

21. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Anyone know anything more?

22. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    All we need is the confirmation about whether or not there will be a midnight screening. And I will apparantly be getting that tomorrow. Tickets wil be being printed up on Monday.....

Tickets are $11.50 each, and the screening will be at Greater Union Innaloo, in the Senstadium cinema, Cinema 11, the one they use for all thier previews and premieres.......

I wish we could have had the tickets printed earlier, but unfortunately Lucasfilms and GU both seem to be very uncertain about whats happening....... Hope to have good news tomorrow...

DS

23. DavidTBrookes

DavidTBrookes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Sounds good regarding the tickets but I have a question - would anyone mind if my 29 year old sister comes since she is kind of a Star Wars fan as well and we talking awhile ago about seeing the new movie together?

24. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Why would anyone mind? I was gonna try and bring my lil sister, but if it's going to be a midnight screening I doubt that will happen, unless my parents are really nice or she uses the fact that my Dad love Star Wars against him... :D

25. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Of course, I'll be in that too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.