main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Episode II tickets

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm kinda torn as far as what I'd prefer. On the one hand, I'd love to go to a midnight screening like we did with TPM. On the other hand, I'd like to bring my two oldest kids to the screening which would't happen that late. But then again, not being able to take them would mean I'd have to go see it again with them the next day. :D

2. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    It doesn't seem like any tickets have been sold in Australia yet? Or am I wrong?

3. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't know about tickets being sold in Australia yet, but we are still waiting on confirmation from Greater Union (which I am not very happy about considering we were to be told by today at the latest) :(

4. DarthDatorri

DarthDatorri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2001
    I rang GU innaloo today, and they told me that they still don't have any definate details. The response I got was "We're probably gonna have a midnight session, but nothing has benn confirmed yet" - They also said advance tix will be available around two weeks before the release date of May 16 (as if you didn't know! :) )

5. DavidTBrookes

DavidTBrookes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    As soon as something is confirmed, can someone let me know so I can plan ahead on this and so I can let my sister know what is going on.

Thanks.

6. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Unofficially I have had an entire cinema booked for our use since February. Unfortunately due to the distributors being highly undecicive about if there was going to be any midnight screenings available, we haven't even got the tickets printed up yet.

As of tonight, I have word that at least a few screns in Sydney are doing the midnight thing, meaning that the midnight screenings have been finally authorised. I will be contacting the promotions manager for Greater Union WA early tomorrow morning, and having another chat with her to confirm it, and if that is all good, I will also get the tickets done tomorrow. For people new to the boards the info is this.....

Time- 12:01am (hopefully)
    Place- Greater Union Innaloo, Cinema 11 (Senstadium)
    Date- Thursday, 16th May 2002
    Price- $11.50 per ticket

Tickets have to be paid for BEFORE the week of the movie, as I have to present $5500 to the promotions manager on the Friday before the movie.

For anymore info, either PM me email me at soupman@iinet.net.au or call me on 0419 889 772

DS

7. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Due to the slowness of the confirmation of the tickets, if there is no confirmation by tomorrow, the ticket price will be upped to $12.50 (Standard Adult ticket price) to cover my arse in case of not haveing enough time to sell all the tickets. That way hopefully I won't have too much of an out of pocket expense.

Sorry about this.

DS

Anyone who has already paid for thier tickets don't need to worry about the change, but I will not be accepting anymore payments until the tickets are printed.

8. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    *LOUD ATTENTION GRABBING NOISE*

WE HAAAAAAAAAAAVE CONFIRMATION!!!!!!!!!!!

WE have the midnight screening!!!

I am going to the printing place first thing in the morning to get the tickets done up......

Ticket price due to the time we have to sell them is up to $12.50 and that is where it will stay.......

w00t!

Tickets can be obtained by contacting me.

9. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    :D
    Just a question.. probably stoopid, but want to make sure.. the time u have above.. its 12:01am Thursday.. ie thats thursday morning?

Always thought it was on thursday midnight - ie friday morn

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Umm... Just to clear that up, Soup says he has already informed you Jawa but you might have confused other people now... Yes it is the 12.01am Thursday (Wednesday Night). :D

11. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Excuse me, can you not advertise a competing cinema on here!! If I don't sell these tickets I am out of pocket around $5000!!!

I have been planning this since February, don't **** this up for me now!

12. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Greater Union has confirmed the midnight screening for Attack of the Clones on May 16th. This is a midnight screening (12.01am to be precise). This means that you queue to get your tickets and see the movie on the Wednesday evening (just incase of any confusion). Tickets are $12.50 per person regardless of age/concession etc. We have the Senstadium (Cinema 11) at Greater Union Innaloo... Contact Darth_Soup or myself to purchase your tickets.

EDIT I removed my bitching, I was told it was too harsh. I apologise.

13. _Wraith

_Wraith Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I can confirm all this. :)

I've actually known about this little group's existance for some time (since around whenever Steve joined and told me about you), but due to my loathing of web-based forums I never got around to signing up.

This morning, I got up at 6am and made the trek from Greenmount down to Innaloo to be at the cinema at 8am. I was second in line for Star Wars tickets at this time.

The cinema manager kindly rescued us from the cold concrete early, and allowed us in to nab tickets at about 8:30. Then he informs us that the senstadium had been entirely booked out in advance, and we were going to be left with Cinema 16.

I reluctantly purchased a wad of Cinema 16 tickets, because I wasn't sure I'd be able to get hold of Cinema 11 tickets from this little group. I knew immedietly who had booked the senstaduim. :)

Luckily, Greater Union have offered me a refund if I get my butt back down there today... so it looks like another trek from Greenmount to Innaloo for me.

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I was just about to send you an email directing you to this thread. When I came here to get the link I noticed you'd found it yourself already. Well done. :)

15. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Wow, the tickets are selling like hotcakes! I'd luv to join you guys, but unfortunealty can't make it. Something about rushing from one place to another and then work early on Thurs morn.

To those who go - have fun without me! I'll be thinking of you guys and I'll just have to fight the general public on the weekend!

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Sorry you cant make it. :(
    It would have been great to meet you. O well.
    We will try and not post any spoilers after we see it.

17. Toniwaan

Toniwaan Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2002
    gimme gimme gimme!!! :D

18. Toniwaan

Toniwaan Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2002
    Ill have 2 tickets please!!!!! :D

19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    *points Toniwaan in the direction of the bookings thread.*

20. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Even though I can't make the midnight screening, I will try to make it in the first day or two of release (Thurs, Fri or Sat). That way I can post Ep II comments with the rest of the board. If I don't happen to go then, I will avoid the forum until I have seen it to aviod spoilers.

21. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Don't worry Nat. I doubt you'll have a hard time convincing anyone here to go and see it again in the following day or two if you want some company. :)

22. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    I might have a problem with transport, if LD's working he won't be going and i don't really won't to impose on anyone.
    if ld's not going a friend are going to put plan b into action.

23. Toniwaan

Toniwaan Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2002
    For FA or DS....
    whats gonna be the best way to sort out the money for tickets. Will we have to see you guys or the cinemas?? Maybe its been posted and ive missed it?? ?[face_plain]

24. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Toniwaan, people so far have e-mailed DS and organised a time to pick up the tickets. No you can't pick up the tickets at the cinema, as we need to actually give the cinema all the money on May 9th (a week before the screening).

25. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Heh, the above post was actually from me. I forgot to logout when using Soup's computer :)

EDIT: I just went and read the Bookings thread and it does actually say that once you have requested your amount of tickets to leave your e-mail address so that Soup can give you further pickup details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.