EPISODE II TITLE IS ........

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by DarthDooku, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han_Cholo Jedi Padawan

While Attack of the Clones is not the best title I think that it will work. All though I think that the best title for this movie should have been Star Wars Episode II: Anakin Gets Laid.
  2. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Hi all. Been lurking in these boards since January, but only just registered, so be gentle with me. I just want to say I think Attack of the Clones is a great title and I'm sure the film will be even better. I am one of thoses odd people who liked it from the first time I saw it.
    Speak to all again soon god willing.
  3. knight saber Jedi Knight

star 2
    I liked it when I first saw it. :D
  4. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I like it. It is "old school".
  5. scourge Jedi Master

star 4
    I really don't understand so many people are engaging in revisionist BS! The OT movie tites were NOT ridiculed and its a shame some feel the need to degrade the classics to justify such a poor choice of a name.

Scourge
  6. Darth_Misunderstood Jedi Padawan

I think The Clones Attack would be a better title.
  7. obilonkenobi Jedi Padawan

I think that everyone is forgetting that the clones probably have alot to do with this movie. Episode III and they will affect the OT too. As in: all the Stormtroopers are clones. That is why in retrospect Attack of the Clones will be a good and appropriate title. Haven't we all been waiting for the Clone Wars for twenty years or so. I think GL gave this one to the fans and now everyone is dissing him for it. Not very appreciative are you? I wouldn't be surprised if the next movie is called Star Wars Episode III: PTTTTTTHHHH!!!
  8. Seethru1 Jedi Knight

I think it is an okay title, if you will remember from Star Wars, that is were Obi-Wan fights with Princess Leia's father, (during the Clone Wars). I think it was well thought out.
  9. AgonyEngine Jedi Youngling

star 4
    RETURN of the JEDI
    ATTACK of the CLONES
    Whats the difference? Only 2 words. Why is the first title better than the second? Its not. Both titles are the same to me. Who cares? As much as you feel its yours, no one but GL really owns Star Wars anyway.

This kind of logic truly astounds me. OK lets keep your fantastically biased logic going here...

ITCH of the BUM
    PAIN of the ARSE
    GROUPIES of the LUCAS

Are these titles the same to you to???

This whole thing truly has gotten ridiculous.
    The reason people don't like the title GL picked is because it sounds awful.

Here is the sad truth about many Lucas fans. Thats right Lucas fans... NOT Star Wars fans. You don't care what he does. Quality does NOT matter. You will excuse and explain away anything becasue you ccan't stand to admit that Lucas is capable of failure. This is blind devotion. It smacks of obsession. It is cultlike. You come up with the most inane insults too. You sycophants amaze me. Calling us whiners and fanboys??? Who cares. You clones are the ultimate fanboys because you think anything Lucas does is great. Grow up people the man is not infallable. He's human. AOTC is a stupid title. If you think time will change stupidity and cheesyness then goodluck. I'm not saying that Episode 2 will stink, but I am saying this title is a arrogent mistake. I'm not whining this is my opinion and most of you can't handle the truth.......
  10. Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Yes, I think most of us ARE Lucas fans, buddy.

I'll let you in on a little secret....

Star Wars was made by George Lucas!!!
  11. scourge Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats hardly a revelation.

Scourge
  12. Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus

star 5
  13. Askaak Jedi Master

star 4
    ?[face_plain]

This thread is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I'm outta here...
  14. Mist1024 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Repeat after me: THIS IS ONLY A TITLE!!!

A TITLE IS ONLY A TITLE!! Look at previous movie titles: Memento, L.A. Confidential, Dark City, The Usual Suspects, Pulp Fiction, Traffic, State and Main, Legally Blonde, Magnolia or The Silence of the Lambs. Unless you have seen the movie at all, these titles DO NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. I have not seen Pulp Fiction or The Usual Suspects at all and these titles give me nothing about the plot of the movie. Not to mention that the number 1 Box Office hit "Rush Hour 2" has nothing to do with "Rush" nor an "Hour." In fact, it has nothing to do with the movie at all, but it still does not diminish the fact that it getting big bucks at the theaters.

Now "Attack of the Clones" is only a title. My reaction to the title was this:

I basically had no reaction. I took it in and moved on. Title it is. End of story.
  15. scourge Jedi Master

star 4
    Repeat after me: THIS IS ONLY A TITLE!!!

We all know this. Look, I've seen the "illegal" film of Hayden practicing and if the rest of the movie will be like what I saw, it should kick ass. BUT, the title is still stupid no matter how much people want to spin.

Scourge

16. SuperWatto Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Looks like everyone thinks his own opinion is more interesting than the title anyway.
  17. Mist1024 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Your opinion is your opinion. If you think the title sucks, then, well, you think it sucks. But please, don't judge Lucas or the rest of the movie based on the title. It is sort of like judging a book (or its author) by its cover, without reading the book itself. And we have yet to read the book, if you know what I mean.
  18. Republic_Clone_9 Jedi Knight

I love it because I'm in it!!! :D
  19. obi_shawn73 Jedi Knight

Something interesting I found while searching E! online. Thought it was relevant here.

I like the title, and I agree with people saying it is only a title.

Check it out.

Pre-Phantom Title Story
  20. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    i have grown to it already...
    it is not that bad.
    anyways i dont think we should have the next 2 episodes called on what happens to anakin..
    two film titles about anakin?come on really.....
  21. Darth_Solo_420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The more I hear and see the title the more I wonder why people aren't complaining about the title of ESB, some say ESB is corny and unimaginative.
  22. Harpo_Calrissian Jedi Padawan

Really interesting...

I see posts by people who liked the title. I see posts by people who didn't like the title. I see posts by people who liked the title whos' minds are boggled that people don't like the title. I see people who don't like the title, and either answer the people who liked the title back in kind, or start up a flamish-post of their own.

And then I see posts by people who don't like the title, but feel that there's something wrong with that. They begin downplaying their dislike, saying things like, "I'm sure it will grow on me," or, "it's only a title." That second one is true, it is only a title... but that doesn't mean you have to like the title. Disliking the title... I mean, actually saying, in clear words, "I don't like the title" isn't a crime, and won't hurt your perception of the final movie. It might, however, cause a few people on these boards to come after you with pitchforks and torches...

As it turns out, I fall into the "didn't like the title" category. Just because it sounds "old school" doesn't mean it's "hip, cool or good."(eek! I used the word "hip") Disco is old school... so is the flapper. I don't see many people running out of their ways to do either.

"Attack of the Clones" recalls to me an age of B-Sc-Fi movies. Lame effects, thin plot, bad acting. I really like Star Wars... if any of the three of those qualities can be attributed to Star Wars... I don't need this apparent a reminder.

I guess I should also say that I didn't think that Episode I lived up to the original Trilogy. There, now I can fully flamed if that be the wish of the posters.

One of my first reactions to the title was the still lingering hope that this is just another "Revenge of the Jedi" ploy. I hope that Lucas realized that Episode I was over exposed, and some of the good old disinformation is in order here.

My other reactions... more angry reactions to the title went so far as to spur on other cheesey titles. I even wrote a story for one. "Revenge of the Blender Bots from Saturn." I guess I should be thanking Lucas for the inspiration. :¬)

Oh well...

I'm seeing it either way, albeit with a smidge of trepidation.

*honk*
    Harpo Calrissian
  23. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm done shooting people who don't like the title, and don't like TPM either. Quite frankly I don't care anymore. You guys are just a dying generation of Star Wars fans. The fact of the matter is that for every person who doesn't like TPM, there's one more willing to take their place in Star Wars fandom. And for each person who doesn't like the title, there'll be two more willing to take their place in Star Wars fandom when the movie comes out. So you cynical internet spoiler junkies can keep on hating new parts of Star Wars, because frankly I don't give a crap anymore. I hope you enjoy the movie, Harpo. And I hope one day you'll enjoy TPM too.
  24. starwarsfreak_17 Force Ghost

star 1
    GEEZ! Some people just don't put the effort into there topics anymore! Well, seing that i am here i might as well say something.
    SIGH!
    Lets just say that i hope that the movie is better than the title!
  25. Ransom Jedi Knight

star 3
    "I'm done shooting people who don't like the title"

I'm sure your local police are happy to hear that. ;)

Why do people treat these movies like a religion such that every critical comment is taken as a personal affront? David Brin got the Salman Rushdie treatment after his column on TPM. Someone on these boards actually has a signature that says "I kill bashers and watch as they die" or something to that affect. Then people who make criticisms on these boards are alleged to have a lack of perspective. That, my frends, is irony. :) Not that there aren't certain "fans" who have an unhealthy attachment to something they apparently don't even like anymore, but they are fairly rare.

Nothing personal, Raz, but did you have to make a post saying that you don't care what other people think about the title, TPM or Star Wars? To me, it just goes without saying that other people's opinions mean absolutely nothing. I might listen to an argument, and then engage in a dialogue if I think that the argument is interesting, but I don't really care one way or another if someone merely expresses an opinion, be it well or ill-informed.

You speak about SW fandom as if it were an army. If one should fall there's another to take his place. I don't get it. There's no organization. More importantly, there's no fight. It's a movie. The whole metaphor is really eerie and disturbing. It conjures images of the Inquisition or the Crusades. We're just a bunch people who like a group of movies, some of us more than others. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter all that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.