main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EPISODE II TITLE IS ........

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthDooku, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiftyJedi

ShiftyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I didn't mind the title then and I don't mind the title now. It's second nature to me now. The offical title is so long that I say either Attack of the Clones or Star Wars Two

2. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Um Tricky when was the "Coolest Sounding Voice in the World" competition you won.

It's a self appointed title, and I've earned it. James Earl Jones can't touch me. ;)

3. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Haha, that WAS amusing reading the first couple pages of this thread. "What clones? And what are they attacking."
    "I feel sick to my stomach." "Lucas really messed this one up." LOL. There were 60 PAGES of posts in this thread within 24 hours of the announcement, and not very many since.

4. dahveed72

dahveed72 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, i just read this thread for the first time, and all the preliminary posts are quite amusing. Also amusing is how several people start out hating it (for obvious reasons) and are eventually able to rationalize in their posts to the point where they "decide" they actually like the title. Funny stuff.

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

"OhmigodthetitleshorribleLucashaslostitthismoviesgonnaSUUUUCCCKKK--!!!!!"

8-} ;) [face_mischief]

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hello folks,

Well, can you believe it's exactly One Year today since Lucasfilm told the world that it's latest Star Wars film was to be called ATTACK OF THE CLONES

One year since I joined the JC :eek: I can't quite believe that......

So, I thought I would bring this up to let some of the newbies have a good laugh at some of the totally OTT reactions that there was last August :D I would also like to ask what you all think to the title now? I loved it from the second I saw it, and I now think of ATTACK OF THE CLONES, like I would THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. I'm sure "CLONES" will have grown on most people.....

Be sure to check out the first few pages, even Padme Bra and Darth Sapient didn't like the title. And some of the critics were outrageous, AND at times, very, very funny! :)

7. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Yeah, I think by now everyone has gotten used to it. I remember when I first read it on the TFN Ep2 page, it was a joke for their humor section. But after a few days I got used to it and started to like it. Now after seeing the movie 5 times :) I coulnt think of a different title. Sure the clones don't do their buisness 'till the end, but holy crap. Those scenes were awesome...appropiate tilte it is.

8. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    ::[face_sigh]:: Those were the days.

Remember Roeper saying people who complained about it should get a life.

9. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Heh...I actually do in fact. That was the first (and pretty much the only) time I respected him. He stood up for SW he got my respect that week.

10. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    And then he ended up giving the film a positive review too, giving it a thumbs up. I also believe he graded the film an "A".

Roeper's da man!!! ;)

11. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    The first remarks are hilarious:

ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Let the comments begin..............

Huh?

No thank you.

*yawn*

What clones? What are they attacking?

Episode II: Goodbye Earl

That was sad.

Wow! That really... sucks.

[face_laugh]

12. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    He he, I remember this thread. I joined around this time because the title came out. I thought I posted in this thread somewhere but I'm not sure.

Look at what Lord Mauly Mall said in this thread:

I'm willing to bet a whole 5 Republic credits(yes 5!) that this title doesn't stick until Episode 2 comes out next May.

13. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Good thing I bet Republic Credits. ;)

Yep the title was one of the things I was wrong about. Oh well, I've come to like the title now.

14. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Hehe, I was hoping you'd see this thread, LMM! I posted what you said because you're a member everyone respects on these boards and I thought it was funny. Posting what Binary_Sunset said wouldn't have surprised anyone...

I've been wrong about a few things like mainly box office...

15. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Okay, let this thread sink back down to the abyss...

After I post, that is. :)

16. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    It's great reading all those early replies, doesn't seem a year ago. I liked it then and I like it even more now.

17. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    Oh my God....Attack of the Clones!!?!?!

What a stupid title. This movie is going to suck.

18. Draculas_guest

Draculas_guest Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2001
    I'm really sorry, but I still dont like "Attack of the clones" as a title.
    I didnt have any problems with "The Phantom Menace" as title, "phantom" gave the title a little flair and "menace" sounds kinda cool. One of the working titles I read for Episode 1 was "The Balance of the force", which I also didnt have much trouble with, it sounded very fantasy-like, and mythological to me.
    I also dont see the problem with "A New Hope" as a title. It has a nice ring to it as well as some undertones of despair and melancholocy (i.e. the galaxy was in a hopeless and desperate situation at the beginning of the film)
    "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return Of The Jedi" sound cheesy, but "Attack Of the Clones" still sounds bland to me. Why not "Assault of the clones" or "Ascent of the clones". It would still have that saturday morning cartoon kind of style to it. I guess people have just gotten used to "Attack.." as a title, but I'm not necessarily sure thats a good thing. There was another thread about possible name changes for Ep 2, where some people suggested that it should have been named "The Clone Wars", or as one person suggested "Dark Forces". The people who suggested these name changes were then ridiculed for thinking up those titles, but then what would have been the response if Lucas had decided to name Episode 3 as simply "Dark Forces"? (Or "The Clone Wars")

Probably the same initial response of "Thats a terrible title", but then I guess everyone would just grow to accept it, and by the time Episode 3 comes to be released, some people will be saying that it is the "perfect" title, regardless of what it had been.

Well I guess that proves I've been thinking about this subject much more than was necessary, I'll just go and sit in the corner now.

19. Massiff_Attack

Massiff_Attack Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I still think the title is a practical joke. Come-on Lucas and reveal the REAL title. Attack of the Clones, yeah thats a serious title isn't it. They've taken the joke a bit far by releasing the film in the cinema with the joke title, but they will change it when the DVD comes out...

...won't they?

;)

20. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I always was amused by the title "Attack of the Clones". I was very cheesy but so was Return of the Jedi, A New Hope, and most of all The Empire Strikes Back. But even The Empire Strikes Back has one of the most recognizable and parodied move titles ever. I'm sure people will remember the ridiculous title of "Attack of the Clones" many years from now.

I do think that the "episode 2" was overkill and made the full title too long.

21. prisoner_1079

prisoner_1079 Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    are you all blind and deaf, the movie isn't called Attack of the Clones...

It's called: The Smack of the Bones

Personally, I don't like this as a title, but if this is what George Lucas wants as the title of his movie, i will have to accept, and respect it.

22. green_cross_code

green_cross_code Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 11, 2000
    The funniest thing about this thread is Hoedaack.

The whole time he's letting us know as blatantly as possible that he's posting from ILM, telling us how upset all the employees are. The only thing is, all his posts were made from a different country!

I noticed it at the time, but I thought I'd save his blushes.

Since he's not around anymore, I thought it would be safe to let everyone in on it. ;)

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    G-C-C Spills the beans :eek: :eek:

Well, can you believe I was too scared to post, for about 3 or 4 days, because I actually liked the title, and I was afraid I would get flamed..... ;)

I eventually got the courage to post, though :)

24. green_cross_code

green_cross_code Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 11, 2000
    I'm not doubting his authenticity as an insider, by the way. He was legit. He just wasn't where he said he was. ;)

25. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Since he's not around anymore, I thought it would be safe to let everyone in on it.

Why...was he banned? [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.