Toronto Episode II Toys go on sale early!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Jamie, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jamie Jedi Padawan

Hello all,

Just found out last night that Toys R Us has been authorized by Hasbro to sell their Ep. II toys starting Saturday, April 20th at store opening (9:30 AM). Apparently this is a concession because Wal-Marts have been selling the toys early, and Hasbro wants to stay friends with the Big Giraffe.

I know that the Toys R Us I work at has all of the Wave 1 & 2 figures, as well as the lightsabers and the lego products in stock. There is a truck coming in today which may have more product on it, but I wanted to let you all know in advance.

Happy hunting,

JJ
  2. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Darth_Digital Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmm. A new lightsaber may be in the wings for me after all....
  4. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn, now I have to go to TRU tomorrow morning... and WalMart today it seems.
  5. demonstar75 Jedi Padawan

Could you please tell us what Toys "R" Us you work at because I don't want to go to a store and find out that they don't know anything about it. You said your store has the lightsabres and that's the only thing I want to pick up right away.
  6. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I thought that they are only
    allowed to sell figures and nothing else.
    From what I have found out all Toys R Us stores should be doing this.
    Your best bet might be to phone the store.
    There are 19 different figures available
    but our friends to the south are getting
    25. Hopefully Jamie will have good news
    for us by Tuesday with more figure variations. Well there goes $240 bucks.
    By the way nice to meet you Jamie.
    Have we met before???
  7. Jedi_Jamie Jedi Padawan

Hey guys,

I have posted a few times before, but mostly troll. I hope to come out to the meet and greet to make a gaggle (Or is it Murder?) of new Star Wars friends.

I work at the Toys R Us at Victoria Park Ave & Lawrence Avenue East, in the Victoria Terrace mall.

As of today, the items that will be on the shelves bright and early tomorroaw at 9:30 AM when the store opens are as follows:
    Wave 1 and 2 of the figures
    Jango Fett's Slave 1
    Anakin & Zam Wesell's speeders
    Lightsabers
    Episode II Lego (including the Slave I, Speeder Chase, Jango Fett, Destroyer Droid, and some smaller sets)

The good news is there should be enough of the wave 1 and 2 figures for everyone to get what they want.

The bad news is that wave 2 actually consists of 2 seperate assortments, and we only have 1/2 a case of the second assortment, which features Jar-Jar, Geonosian, Saesee Tiin, Nikto Jedi and the bartender, Jettster Dexter. So they'll be gone quick.

There are NO deluxe figures at our store, but the one Downtown MAY have them, as they tend to get more of the feature product than the other stores. Again, I say MAY, and you should call/check before heading downtown for the Deluxe.

That's all I have for you right now, I will post as soon as I know of any of the other product arriving in my store.

Also, as a side comment, I know that the downtown store IS selling the toys tomorrow, as should all stores be. But yes, I know only of my store with 100% certainty.

Happy Hunting gang,
    JJ
  8. Kenobi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I just called the Yonge and Queen TRU, they're currently pegging the figs as I type!

The Wal-Marts I've spoken have the toys, but aren't out yet. And the Managers work something like 7-4 weekdays.

Well, I know where I'll be tomorrow :) Bright and early :(

9. TopGun2001 Jedi Knight

star 2

thanks for the heads-up, Jamie... I'll be sure to grab all 5 of those rarer 2nd-wave figs immediately.

Now, this may have already been asked in another thread (perhaps even by me), but.. how much is Toys'r'Us selling their carded figures for? Any final definite figures for T.R.U. vs. Walmart?

(and, where's the closest Walmart within the city? Dufferin & Lawrence?)

thx! (the audience is grateful.)

10. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Thanks for all the info Jamie.
  11. Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Jamie you rock!

I reside right across the street from your Terrace Branch. Well, actually two stops north Vic park.

Point is, I'm like there, tomorrow.

Can you put one of Dooku's sabers aside for me?

*Wide eyed plea*

I'd camp out with a Harveys breakfast, or donuts but I need to work in the morning...

:p
  12. Kenobi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well it's 10 am and I'm just back from my early morning toy run to TRU at Yonge and Queen.

Yep, Pick up 18 pieces of plastic - just getting ready to shred the cardboard (Yes rip, tear into, destroy, mangle, un c-9 it) Toys are meant to play with (or at least display with all accessories)

BTW, from what I've heard

Wal-Mart figs are $8.82.

TRU figs are $9.99
  13. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Kenobi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Next report - spent an hour opening packages :)

3 complaints :

1 - packaging - some figs are oddly wrapped in clear rubber bands - attaching them to the plastic in odd ways

2- Soft plastics - many accessories are made from a really pliable plastic. Zams gun looks more like a boomerang with the silly blast effect attached.

3 - Hardly any stand well on their own - slightest tremor (cat, doorslam, earthquake) and I've got a domino effect.

Praise:

For various magnetic reasons, some Jedi have actually metal lightsabres! Cool

Amazing detail!

:)
  15. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I just got back from my assault and picked up all 19 figure. There may be even more figure available come Tuesday as there have been sightings of Red clonetroopers in the GTA which I missed out on today. There are alot of figures around and no one should worry if they missed out on the G dude, Jar Jar and the 2 Jedis. There should more available soon. I think that the Yoda wave will be showing up soon too. I spent $******
    on 26 figures, Dooku sabre, and Slave I at Toys R Us. I know the figures are cheaper at Wal Wart but I have a buddy at Toys R Us that was nice enough to put away an entire set of figures for me and I did not even ask him to. The speeders and lightsabers are a little cheaper at Wal Mart too but when I
    see an EPII item I buy it on the spot. I am not much of a bargain hunter....
  16. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    LOL

And this will be Mikes last post when Lynora finds out how much he spent.

LOL
  17. Darth_Digital Jedi Master

star 4
    All I ask is for Dooku`s saber...

Man I`m going have some fun with that at beach parites let me tell ya...

*Throws back a shot of JD*
  18. Darvin11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Eglinton and Yonge Toy's r Us have lots and lots of figures but very little lego. The Slave one is there as well as Dooku and Anakin's lightsabres.

Have fun guys! The only figure that caught my eye was Padme chained to a post.

Make of that what you will.

Robin T.
  19. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
  20. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I'm back from my trip around Ottawa. I stopped into a TRU here and they had it all displayed right inside the front door, I walk in and am in awe immediately. However I don't think I saw any of the figs Jamie mentioned as being in the second part of the wave... and I had to search to find a C-3PO. Decided to only get R2 right now... don't have much money to spare for this sort of thing.

> The only figure that caught my eye was Padme chained to a post.

Yeah, I saw the Padme Bondage figure... makes a nice set with the Amidala Upskirt. ;-) But the faces on the figs (that one seems one of the worse ones) don't seem to good to me... also I don't like the use of the softer plastic. Also, I'm not sure, but it looked like most of the legs don't move at all... that really sucks, if it's true?

The Lego is cool though... gotta start saving for the Republic Assault Ship set... god that's expensive. And forgive my naiveté, but why is the Clone Trooper a POTJ figure and not the same set as all/most the other Ep2 figs?

Gotta save up for those lightsabers too. I wish they'd make better ones for us grown up kids though.
  21. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Our TRU has a ton of figures and a ton of Lego (the Tantive IV is massive, $299....I want it).

I'm holding of from buying anything till the trip to Celebration II.

Oh BTW...I'M GOING TO CELEBRATION II NOW!!!!

EDIT: How many figures are out now total? I just want to make sure I don't miss any.
  22. demonstar75 Jedi Padawan

I was also at TRU today, the one at Queen & Yonge. The prices are of course higher there then Wal-Mart but I just wanted a lightsabre so I bought it. I wanted Obi-Wans sabre but right now they only have Dooku and Anakin so I got Anakins. They're $34.99 by the way. Disappointed by the figures because they're so small. I really don't collect figures usally I only pick up Todd McFarlane stuff because the figures are big and very detailed. Lucas should let McFarlane to do a few special edition figures.
  23. THEREALSHMII Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/crazymike.jpg]

Mike what are you hiding in that closet now?

24. Kenobi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey David!

Just so you know, the POTJ Clone trooper was part of the Sneak Peak, with the first Jango Fett (can't believe that - movie not out yet and I already have 2 of one character - and the costume isn't different, just a removable helmet on one)
    Zam and the R3 - there is a Clone trooper as part of the new figs as well, with red piping. - And of course, its the only one I couldn't find.

After my initial report I ended up at another TRU and found the R2 and 3-CP0 (an contrary to my previous report I only had 17 with a dupicate Battle Droid (orig - not super)

So, like Mike, I have 19

As on a final note. Those who got the new R2 - be careful not to look directly into it's flashing yellow LED - its bright!
  25. Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Got Dooku's saber.

It handles well; Had a few mock saber duels today against a few pals. I like how the curve of the hilt allows for a sharper slice of the sword, less movements with the wrist to follow through on a forward lunge, and it also retracts back into a defensive stance easier when defending.

Wether plot device, or simply homage to elegant weapons by a charismatic count;

This saber is good...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.