Toronto Episode II Toys go on sale early!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Jamie, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I agree my dear, actually I had to remove the blast thingy from my preview Zam Wessell as the rifle was curving downwards from the weight. It looked like there was fungus growing out of the rifle !!!
  2. Darth_Digital Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, the classic toy mismatching. Figures that can`t stand properly, guns too small for hands, pieces just not meant to be used...

Reminds me of the heydays of childhood where I`d catch my old man putting my princess Leia figure in the toy Tie fighter cockpit with my Darth Vader figure.

Wil`s Dad;

"Randsome note Princess? I`m keeping you for myself..."

*Runs around the room making Tie fighter sounds and talking german*

Wil`s Mom;

"Richard! Give Billy his toys back!"

Billy;

"Yeah! `sides she needs to be wit Luke in the `speeder!"

*Presents land speeder toy with Luke in drivers seat*

Wil`s Dad;

"Ah, she`d run off with Darth son."

Billy;

"She loves Luke!"

Three sequels and 21 years later, father and son are still messed up over the random maddness of it all...

:p
  3. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    After toy hunting again, most Walmarts and TRU's have received new shipments.....however, still no new wave. So, for those waiting on the Anakin Hangar Duel, Dooku, Yoda, Taun We, Royal Guard and Luminara Unduli....still got to wait a little longer.

It would be good news for those who missed out on certain figures during the first time around. BTW, the Red Clone Troopers and Zam Wessell are still really hard to find so don't think you'll get one for sure if you head out to get some figures.

I hope everyone will be helpful and continue to notify here if new findings occur.

Markham Boy
  4. Jedi_Kat Jedi Master

star 4
    Markham Boy Dude,

Which Wal-Mart are you frequenting? Same with TRU? That way I don't overlap and scout out some diff. locations. If you tell me Markville I will be much displeased...nah...I won't. :)

Markham Girl
  5. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Markham Girl,

TRU's that I frequent:

Markville
    Victoria Terrace

less frequent:

Steeles (near Yonge)
    Cederbrae

Walmart:

Markville
    Agincourt

less frequent:

Richmond Hill
    Scarborough Town
    Warden and Eglinton

Even if I do frequent certain stores, it's not like I go everyday so it's always good to have people to still check them out anyways. After all, I still have to work full time. BUT, I did manage to go most of them on the list above....yeah, i know....gas ain't cheap.

MB

ps. Yurp~!
  6. custom_droid Jedi Knight

star 1
    well...i was out at a zellers earlier today.....shoping for work and wasn't expecting to see any star wars figs 'cause they hadn't had ANY at this store before.......when I walked aroudn the corner I found most of the figs I've had such a hard time finding......two saber anikin, dooku, yoda and but no Taun We or Luminara Unduli though

if anyone is still interested it was the zellers at queensway and kipling.....this was around 4pm that i bought them....gotta love a job that lets you shop at all hours of the day

7. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hmmm very interesting report CD thank you!!!
    I guess since Zellers was so late getting
    figures that they received the new waves.
    I will check out the Z stores here in Burlington and advise.

MTFBWY

Mike
  8. Elewyn Jedi Master

star 4

The best walmart to grab toys at is the one at warden and eglington, thats where i got the majority of my LOTR figures and they usually have a lot of the hard to find ones...to me the scar centre is usually the worst but i have learned that their shipments are usually wednesdays so that may be a good time to go :)
  9. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be checking out several Zellers in the Scarborough and Markham area and see if I find anything. I'll post my report.
  10. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I checked out a few Zellers stores in Burlington. Nothing yet...
  11. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just went to several Zellers and this is my finding:

Centrepoint: only a few figs, nothing special

Vic Park and Eglinton: Zilch

Bridlewood Mall: Zilch

Maybe it's a west-side thing? Hee.
    I'll probably check out Cederbrae tomorrow and see what there is then.
  12. bsviper Jedi Padawan

today i went to loblaws grocery store and bought the aotc cereal by kellogs it was a two pack box which came with a clone trooper mask so i opened it and to my surprise it had a different clone trooper mask stuck together with it this is at the loblaws store on port credit at mississauga rd and lakeshore rd area just west of mississauga rd on the north side if you are interested
    james of mississauga ontario
  13. bsviper Jedi Padawan

all kinds of aotc figures/slave1 and obi one and anakin lightsabres and 12 inch figures at toys r us at sherway mall just west of 427 hwy on evens in toronto
  14. Jedi_Kat Jedi Master

star 4
    Okie dokes,

About Zellers, if they get any in...let me know what you want, etc. My sister has worked at Zellers for the past how many years now and works in the office doing big person stuff, and we get a good discount! When Ep1 came out...we got everything before they hit the shelves (it was so sweet!) Anyway, Markham Boy, looks like you've got most of the bases covered. I've been occupied lately with work, so I haven't been able to check out any stores here and there and everywhere, so I'm no help at the moment.

I can only update you all on goings-on at Silver Snail, and the like downtown... :)

Markham Girl signing out (for now)
  15. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Markham Girl,

If Zellers do in fact get some...I'm sure you know which figures I want by now but in case you haven't read my past posts:

Anakin (Hangar)
    Dooku
    Yoda
    Luminara Unduli

Ok, time to head out to Cederbrae.
  16. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just came back from Cederbrae Zellers...and what do you know.....

zilch.
  17. Jangofat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where can i buy lightsaber at the cheapest price? I got the Anakin one for 29.99 i thought it was kind of expensive i'm going back next time to buy Count Dooku one. Can any one recomnend me where to buy lightsaber the at the cheapest price? i live in Scarb

Second question how come there is only Anakin and Count Dooku lightsaber for sale what happen to Yoda,Obi and Mace lightsaber are they not out yet or am i just too late?
  18. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    Walmart is the cheapest place to buy the electronic lightsabers thus far. Hasbro hasn't said anything about making Mace or Yoda's lightsaber. Obi-Wan's should be coming out in the near future.

If you want to be cheap, you can buy the regular lightsabers that don't have all the electronic noises and such. They come in green, blue, red and purple. They are $7.99 at Walmart I believe. If you're in Scarborough, they have those sabers at the Walmart at Agincourt Mall.
  19. Jangofat Jedi Knight

star 1
  20. Dain_Bramage Jedi Knight

star 3
    For all those hunting EP2 figures,

Check out the "Goldmine for EP2 figures found! Dooku, Yoda etc...." thread I just posted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.