main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Episode II Trailer Meeting Update!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay by this evening the website should be up and running at NashvilleForce.Com and on TheForce.Net main page they have announced that the official site has confirmed that the first Episode II Trailer will be bundled with Monsters Inc. There are also allot of rumors that another, more ordianry trailer will go with Harry Potter during thanksgiving.
    Meeting for the trailer has been discussed in the past but it's been a few weeks so when is everyone able to meet for this? The trailer and Monsters Inc. premiere this coming Friday, November 2nd.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I won't be able to get together on the weekend. Also, my parents are coming into town the 6th-8th for an early birthday celebration, so I probably won't be able to go see it with you guys (although I'll probably go see it with them).

3. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Have a great Birthday Hama!

The times for Monsters Inc. for Friday and this weekend at the Thoroughbred 20 in Cool Springs are as follows:

12:15pm | 12:30pm | 1:15pm | 1:45pm | 2:30pm | 3:00pm | 3:30pm | 4:00pm | 4:45pm | 5:15pm | 5:45pm | 6:15pm | 7:00pm | 7:30pm | 8:00pm | 8:30pm | 9:15pm | 9:45pm | 12:00am

I'm probably going to drop by and see it if I get a chance sometime late evening Friday or this weekend (since I live less than 5 minutes away), but I'll probably watch it again with Hama, Elan rai and whomever wants to meet us at the theater during the week. Evidently the teaser is going to be broadcast on TV sometime next week also (probably by the local news affiliates like the Episode I trailer was), so get those blank tapes in your VCR's and I'll try to keep my ears peeled as to when. ;)

4. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Weekends are better for me, since I live so dang far away. But if the week is better for you guys, then go ahead do what's best for ya'll. Peace out!!

5. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Well Steja I am planning on going to see it tomorrow and again on Wednesday with the rest of the gang. I could meet you at the Thorobred tomorrow and anyone else who wants to come. What time?

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Looks like it'll be next Wednesday for me since I'll be out of town this weekend.

7. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Kewl I will update the website! BTW what time will we be doing this?

8. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I saw the trailer today, and I cannot wait to see it again Wednesday. It's short, but absolutely incredible. I probably had goosebumps, but I was too numbed to feel them. OH MY GOD!!!! It is too cool to describe in words.
    Monsters Inc is good as well.

9. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I caught the teaser yesterday afternoon after work. I think I was the only SW fan in the audience, which honestly was only about 40 people or so since it was the earliest showtime and some folks were still at work. But I loved the teaser...you guys will absolutely love it, too. I'm working today, too and might drop by the theater and drop another $6.50 just to see it again...or I guess I could save that money and download it Monday off the SW site. Oh, this has nothing to do with SW, but I got "Shrek" on DVD yesterday and it's so FUNNY!! The extras are great!! Just wanted to throw that in. Take care guys...I'll catch ya later.

10. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I caught the Breather Teaser at Monster's Inc. Friday Night. I went to the 9:15 p.m. showing at the Thouroughbred with a friend of mine. The audience consisted of mostly adults in their 20's and 30's. It was a packed show. When everyone saw the Lucasfilm logo, a hush fell over the audience. Afterwards, everyone clapped and cheered. Wow! I didn't expect that kind of response from a general audience for a Star Wars teaser. Goes to show how much the general public likes Star Wars. Or it goes to show how many Star Wars fans went to go see Monster's Inc. partly because they knew the Star Wars teaser was attached to it (like me :D )
    It was absolutely awesome!!! If the movie is anywhere near in tonality like this teaser was, we are in for a major treat this go around. I can't wait to see the next trailer attached to Harry Potter Nov. 16th.

On a related note, I have quicktime pro (And not because the Star Wars website said I should- I had it already). One of the advantages is that you can export images to bitmap files. I downloaded the teaser from the official site this morning and saved an image from every scene on my computer. I will composite these into a few 800 X 600 background collages that I will send to JediToren. Hopefully you should be able to download these from the Nashvilleforce website by the end of the week. ;)

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    So what showing should we see on Wednesday? I'm thinking the 7:30 show, unless anyone else has a preference.

12. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Well via e-mail Jay said he can't do it that early. On the Website I added the event to the events calendar and just selected the 5:45pm showing since no one knew. I or jay can change it.

13. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    You know what guys? It doesn't matter right now what time because currently I am jobless and looking for another one. :( SO, whichever time is good for you is good for me.

14. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay let's just make it the 7:30 showing. I changed the events calendar and posted a new news event.

15. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    currently I am jobless and looking for another one.

Bummer. :( Was it just you that got cut loose, or did the whole store close down?

(Metro PD is hiring...)

16. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Could someone PM me or email directions to the theater...I'm seriously thinking about making that 3 and a half hour drive to attend this "meeting"...this is considered a meeting, right?

17. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Yes this is considered an official meeting.
    633 Frazier Drive, Franklin, TN 37067
    that's the address for the Thoroughbred, you can put it into Lycos or even the evil MapQuest and get directions to it.

18. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I'll try not to get lost JT [face_laugh]

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey Steve, give me a call if you need directions or help in getting there. :)

PM me for my #.

20. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, just to give everyone an idea of what is going on for me tonight. My wife and I are planning to go to church tonight, and then plan to go to the late show @ 8:30pm.

Anyone else interested in meeting us there?

EDIT UPDATE: Sounds like most everyone is going to the 7:30pm show, so I will try to make it then. ;)

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    The trailer was pretty cool. There was a five year old sitting behind me who was just amazed. "There's another Star Wars movie?" Reminds me of when I saw the movies for the first time.

22. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah it was awesome. Just to let everyone know, there is another teaser on the dvd site this Friday, and then the first real full trailer with Harry Potter next Friday.

23. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry I couldn't be there, guys. I wanted to but I had a lot of things that took priority, unfortunately. I hope you all understand. I will do my best to make the Harry Potter premiere. I will keep everyone informed. ;)

24. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Sorry I missed meeting you guys last night also. I had been up since 4:30 a.m. yesterday and was exhuasted after work. I had intended to go to the theater. I came home, walked my dog, and collapsed on the couch. When I woke up, it was already 8:00 p.m. Oh well. At least I had already seen the teaser and the movie Friday. I hope you all had a great time. If we meet for Harry Potter, I'll be sure not to get up so gol-darn early. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.