main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Episode II Trailer this Sunday!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Toymaster, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    The final Episode II trailer will air this Sunday night on FOX 17 right after Malcolm in the Middle and right before X-Files. If you don't catch it then, we are planning on showing it the next morning on "Mornings on FOX 17", which is the show I direct, unless something changes.

Enjoy!

2. LanceWindu

LanceWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    You're a director at FOX 17???

3. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Unfortunately...

4. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Can you hook us up with the weather report for the Episode II opening day with your connections with the news...? You should do a report on the local NASHVILLE AFTER DARTH chapter of the fan force....

5. LanceWindu

Feb 27, 2002
    You should have enough clout to get at least a small segment about the group.

6. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Hold your horses there, fellas...I'm a director, not a reporter or a producer. I have very little if any to do with content. I only have control over how the show looks at it goes out over the air.

7. LanceWindu

Feb 27, 2002
    You can still ask them if they can do anything about the group.

8. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    You had to tell everyone where you work didn't you Toymaster [face_laugh] LOL

Guys, Toymaster will and has been trying to do what he can for our group. Trust him ;) If he can get them to give us a little media exposure he will. Either way, I would be very surprised if they didn't show up at our line the night before tickets go on sale or at least opening night. If they want to do something before then on our group, great, if not then it wasn't meant to be. We will be contacting all the local news media via phone once the Thoroughbred gives us their blessing on the line-up.

"Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."

O.K., but what about the fans of Jedis ?[face_plain] [face_laugh]

BTW, if anybody has any direct media connections in the Nashville area, we would much appreciate your input on who we should talk to, or maybe even your participation in contacting them if you choose :)

9. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, me and my big mouth! ;)

10. Wampa_Stompa

Wampa_Stompa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, I will be creating a documentary on the whole shebang once it rolls around. Hopefully it will be going on Channel 10 in Murfreesboro and Channel 19 in Nashville. You guys should check out the Pete Wade Show on those channels if you get a chance. I work on that show and the news in Murfreesboro, so that's sort of a media connection. Hey Toymaster, I was wondering if you could give me any info on possible internships at 17. I'm a TV Prod student at MTSU and I've got quite a bit of experience. If you don't feel like it, that's cool. But any help would be great.

11. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I love it. What you see is so much darker than I imagined. Palpatine messing with Anakin's head. Clone Troopers everywhere. May 16th won't get here soon enough.

12. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Wow, this is just an incredible trailer. Just when youthink you've seen and heard everything from the spy reports, you find out that everything you know is wrong.
    This movie is going to be incredible.

13. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, that one definately makes me want to see Ep. II now more than ever. Couple of random thoughts...I didn't really notice to any recognizable ships except maybe a Trade Federation Droid Control ship (these guys are still around?) and Slave I. That tells me that they're going to have to market all new merch instead of just repackaging the old stuff. Some of the ships also more closely resemble some of the classic trilogy stuff, as if the style is changing to what we are more familiar with (4-legged walker?). I think my favorite part of the whole trailor was Obi-Wan communicating via hologram and then having to draw his sabre and fight mid-sentence. This one will definately be worth the wait...

14. LanceWindu

Feb 27, 2002
    This trailer is awesome. I am definately going to be watching it over and over again.

15. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    oh my goodness......that trailer was awesome! this movie is gonna rock.....
    i cannot wait.

wow.....

16. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah it's incredible. You can download it here at Apple's website. You'll need QuickTime 5.02 to view them, and the large trailer requires QuickTime Pro.

17. Wampa_Stompa

Mar 6, 2002
    Man, you guys are forgetting one very important image: STAR DESTROYERS! Yes! Everyone's favorite flying pie wedges are back, hovering over a swarm of awesome looking Clone Troopers. Stupid month of April! Why are you in the way?!?

18. LanceWindu

Feb 27, 2002
    Actually those aren't Star Destroyer's. They are the early version of them though.

19. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    No replay on the morning show today. Nobody here recorded it. Figures.

20. Wampa_Stompa

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, they're close enough for me. It will be interesting to see the evolution of the Empire over these next two films.

21. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I was pretty happy with the first three trailers. The third one almost gave the impression that Episode II was going to be like Pearl Harbor, a romance for 2/3 of the movie and all the action the last 1/3. All I could say after Trailer "D" was AWESOME :D Man, if that doesn't get people excited, nothing will. The heck with Spiderman as the most anticipated movie of the year (Although I still want to see it ;) ). Those are just the Entertainment Weekly people that took great joy in bashing Episode I to death. I hope they all choke on their words now. Bring on the clones!!! :D

22. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Did anyone else almost wizz on themselves after watching the trailer on FOX? MAN!! I think I almost had a heart attack after the first viewing. I taped it, ran it back MANY times, and have nearly worn the tape out... [face_laugh]

Now, I have the cool LARGE trailer downloaded from the main site... ahhh... :D

This, by far, has to be THE BEST trailer I have ever seen... ;)

23. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    I agree with you completely about Entertainment Weekly, k kanos. I used to have them bookmarked as a site I would check occasionally, but when all they did was put down Episode I, I took them off. Then I found out they didn't even have Episode II as the most anticipated movie of the year. If a Star Wars movie is coming out in ANY year, it is DEFINITELY the most anticipated movie of that year. I mean, come on...all four SW movies have gone at least as high as third place all-time on their initial release. That should tell those critics SOMETHING!

As far as the trailer goes...AWESOME!! "You must join me, Obi-Wan...and together, we will destroy the Sith!" OH YEAHHH!!!

24. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    OOOOOOOOOOhh AAAAAAAAAh!!!

I'm usually critizing movies because of the use of CG. When Ep1 came out I thought they did an excellent job at it. And next to AI this is some of the best CG work I've seen. Bravo to the fellas at ILM. But in some ways I miss the old puppet Yoda. Oh well.

Obi-Wan seems to be taking on some of the comic relief in the next one. But why doesn't he like to fly. This has never come up in any of the others.

But anyway "started these Clone Wars have." May is on the way.

25. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey Scott, I'm surprised you didn't jump up and down about the return of the... ROYAL GUARDS!! :D

And you didn't notice Lance Bass... our hero!! [face_laugh]

Just kidding.. I don't think it is him in the trailer, but who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.