main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II Troopers' guns

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Morhs, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Morhs

Darth_Morhs Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2005
    I watched Episode II again and I noticed something with the clones. On Geonosis, after the starship falls and the dust goes everywhere, the clones have a battle with the droids, head on. I noticed they hold their guns down at their wastes and fire. Does anyone know why they do this? Thanks.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    They probably have targeting software in their helments.

3. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    I don't know the first thing about guns, but I do know that if I was holding a video camera off tripod, that's how I'd do it..
    hold at waist, tilt up, like a natural steady shot.. guess the same thing could be true for blasters, except 'shot' takes on a more literal meaning

4. CC_Oddball

CC_Oddball Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2005
    Couple of reasons..

The guns don't aim like normal weapons here on Earth-there's no reason to have it in your shoulder (no recoil and a video-aiming system if Republic Commando is any indicator.)

THere's no way to put it in the pit of your shoulder (like we do here on Earth) when you're wearing the armor anyhow.

and finally, the stormies in the OT weren't big fans of shoulder firing either, so I'm guessing the clones continue the tradition for continuity's sake.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Some of the clones were firing from the shoulder.

6. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The Browning Assualt Rifle was designed to be fired from the hip as well as the shoulder.

7. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    It looks more movie, firing from the hip.
    Did any one else see that one of the clone?s that are with Padmé, after the duel between Dooku and Yoda, has a different shorter gun does any one know what it is called?

8. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    That was most likely the DC-15 blaster that they carry, Ill have to check the scene again though to make sure.

9. Darth_Morhs

Darth_Morhs Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Don't some of the Clones in III put their blasters to their shoulders?

Oh yeah, another thing: In Battlefront the only clones they have are the II ones and they put their blasters to their shoulder. (It may not be the best source, but it is a source nonetheless)

10. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    In ROTS, many of the Clones fire from the shoulder, especially the flanking squadron on Kashyyk. Also, the Clone who takes out the Crab Droid fires his shorter carbine from the shoulder, as do the Clones who carry the larger rifle. When Cody picks up Obi-Wan's lightsaber, the trooper near him is firing from the shoulder. Also, when that Clone calls for a medic, the Clones near him are all firing from the shoulder. On Geonosis, they are in such heavy sand/dust with little visibility (and there is a literal "wall" of droids in front of them), they're probably just blasting away from the hip, laying down fire and advancing. Since the Stormtroopers in the OT don't ever retract the stocks on their blasters, they usually just raise them to eye level and fire, like you would a pistol or a submachine gun, or just go from the hip.

11. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    During the Battle of Geonosis, the aforementioned clone troopers were firing at close-range, thus, they didn't need to use the DC-15's scope. Futhermore, they were firing into a solid wall of battle droids, so, they didn't really have to worry about missing.

Excatly. The clones on Kashyyyk were firing at specific targets from a greater distance, thus, they used their rifle's scope. In addition, the DC-15, the clone trooper rifle, can function as either a fully automatic weapon, not unlike an M-16, or as a semi-automatic rifle, sort of like World War II's M1 Garand. The AotC clones were firing at multiple targets at close-range. Automatic Fire. The RotS clones were firing at distant targets. Semi-automatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.