main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode II Wallpaper & Background Gallery

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    O.K., now to add my two Republic Credits, don't try to "make" a wallpaper graphic. Just grab a frame a from the movie (for those of you with illegal copies) and slap a cool "Episode II" logo on it. Bing badda boom--there's your wallpaper!

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    None of these wallpapers (to my knowledge) are from bootlegs. They are all from officially released sources. We do the best we can with what is available. If someone requests a background, I'll do what I can to make a decent one. Usually, I can enlarge a picture and make it look better using various tools than if it were just enlarged.

3. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Sometimes people request more than just a movie still. We do our best. If we had unlimited resources, our wallpapers would be incredible. Even if we did have illegal copies (which we don't), the quality of the stills taken from it would be worthless.

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    If we had unlimited resources, our wallpapers would be incredible.

Yeah, but from what I have seen in this thread, we have some seriously kickass creators. These ARE incredible. :)

This is still my #1 fave of my own wp's.

5. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Some of these grabs look like they could potentially be from the bootleg, but I could be wrong. Don't take offense.

The only reason I said what I did is because those are the types of wallpapers I like. I guess I'm a purist of sorts who doesn't like all the muckity-muck that gets slopped all over some pictures (nobody take that comment personally; I'm just talking generalities here.)

At any rate, some of these pics are indeed excellent and I have a few saved to my harddrive to grace my desktop.

6. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    foxbatkllr, I agree completely. If people just wanted a movie still, they probably would ask for it in the Pics thread. Many people here have the tools and programs to enlarge pictures without losing as much quality, as opposed to using MS paint or any programs that come pre-installed with a computer. Our resources are very limited. We do the best we can with what is available.

7. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yes that's a good wallpaper. Some of them are incredible. Some of them aren't as impressive. I'm not too sure where my creations fall...You'd hope someone with 5 years of experience and a job as a graphic designer could make something decent...

Edit: I guess my Skywalker wallpaper is cheesy but I thought someone might like it. I still think my Arena monsters wallpaper is good though.

8. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    foxbatkllr your wallpapers are quite impressive, especially considering the resources that we have.

The reason I state where my images come from is so that people know that they don't come from bootlegs.

9. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    I get all my images from G_S, Darth Psychotic, and sometimes from some foreign sites which have lots of large promo pics.

Edit: Thank you YodaJeff, you make good wallpapers as well. What I really hate though is the artist putting their name on the wallpaper. I know they have a right to do that, but I prefer to just leave my name off of wallpapers so people can enjoy them without some stupid name they don't even care about on them.

10. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    If I put my site name on something, I'll throw it in the bottom corner, or make it a watermark so that it's only visible if you look closely. I hate how some people have giant size 36 font with their name on it. If I'm downloading it for personal use, I usually try to edit it out, simply because I don't care who made it. However, if I'm going to put it up on my website or something, I'll leave their name on it, since they deserve credit.

11. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yeah the name can usually be taken off with our friend, the clone tool (no pun intended) but sometimes I just don't feel like doing it and sometimes the text is so big it can't be taken off without looking funny. I usually don't add my name to my wallpaper mainly because I don't think I really deserve credit. I mean, come on. All I did was crop some pics and throw them together. It's not like an original drawing that someone else couldn't do. That's how I look at it anyways.

12. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    For those who think these wallpapers suck: What wallpaper would you like? We will try to come up with one for you if you would just tell us what you want.

13. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    If someone has a request, we can have a "friendly competition" to see who can make a better wallpaper. I really don't have anything better to do right now.

14. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    No no- you guys make VERY good wallpapers, and I like them ALL but some are just rather blurry.

Also, I realize that there are very limited resources, and that just cannot be helped.

And I wasn't in ANY way bashing anyone's creations. Sorry if some of you took what I said to heart. I apologize.

15. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    I know you weren't bashing Pooja. Some of the wallpapers are blurry because we take the biggest picture we can find but we still have to expand it to fit the screen appropriately. What would you like as a desktop? We'll try to make it for you.

16. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Yea, I'd rather have a full screen background that's a little blurry rather than a smaller picture that looks decent. But that's just me.

And I know you weren't bashing us too. I agree, some of the pictures are blurry, but there's not much we can do about it :(

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    The only thing I'd really like to see is the Obi-Wan/Acklay fight, you know, when he has the spear. Probably my favorite part of the whole flick, yes, even the Yoda fight.

But if you don't have the resources, that's perfectly fine. And you don't HAVE to make it, you just asked wheat I'd like to see and I answered.
    ;)

18. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yes I remember you asked for that the other day. I checked all my resources and I couldn't find that at all...sorry. I will keep looking.

19. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I know it's not what you asked for, but I made an Acklay background anyways.

Acklay (1024x768)

I also made one based off the "Forbidden Love" poster:
    Forbidden love (1024x768)
    I'm sure someone made a similar one before, but it only took me a minute.

20. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    AWESOME!!!! :D

21. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey YodaJeff, I have that same Acklay pic in much better quality.

Edit: You also misspelled Acklay in the pic...

22. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Aaahhh!! That's what I get for rushing.

Let me fix that and re-upload it.

EDIT:
    The picture no longer has the text on it.

EDIT 2:
    I really need to change the compression level too. It's too high right now, which is hurting the quality.

23. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Here's a better quality version of YodaJeff's here you go

24. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    the only time I put my name on something is when the task bar will cover

25. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    the only time I put my name on something is when the task bar will cover

For those of us with Macs...the "task bar" is on the top...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.