main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Episode III Commentary (Spoilers? :) )

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ObiWill, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScifiSpirit

ScifiSpirit Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    The name of the planet that Aayla died on is Felucia. :)

Joe,

I'm pretty sure *at this point* there are plenty of other Jedi out there, obi and yoda aren't the only two right now, but they soon will be. Cause remember in the movie, yoda and obi had to return to the temple to disable the signal thing to keep the remaining jedi from returning. So there still are other jedi out there, but eventually they all die. I THINK the TV show, if there is one, will focus on that, but i really have no clue. Either way, I think it's George's answer to obi's statement in ANH "He helped hunt down and destroy the Jedi".

My list of fav's pans out like this:

1) A New Hope
    2) Phantom Menace
    3) Attack of the Clones
    4) Revenge of the Sith
    5) Empire Strikes Back
    6) Return of the Jedi

2. Mr_Keebler

Mr_Keebler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    BTW, i loved the visual of darth yelling at padme` and looking behind her and seeing OB1 looking liek a dissaproving father....actually almost as humorus as his dropping into 500 droids and saying.. "...Hello there! <smile>"

3. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Did anyone see Obi-Wan board Padme's ship before he hid in the compartment?

4. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
  5. Mr_Keebler

May 3, 2005
    um...no.....i saw him flip in...but i didint see where he was hiding, prolly on top of the hull

6. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    i didn't see it the first time but the second time i saw a hooded figure sneak on after padme and 3PO. i didn't see him walk up to the ship or anything he was just kind of on the boarding ramp. i loved this movie, flaws and all , can't wait to see it again.

7. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Oops, I forgot mine then, too.

1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. ROTS
    5. AOTC
    6. TPM

I know I'll be seeing Episode III again. Maybe my position on it might change.

8. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Obi-wan flips in and then hids in some compartment. I'm surprised I even remember that.

9. ScifiSpirit

ScifiSpirit Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    I saw the movie again last night. I THINK he's hiding underneath the ship towards the bottom right leg of it. I can see a figure underneath the ship that doesn't look like a leg of the ship, it looks like a person squating down. Whenever any of you watch it again, check out that seen where padme is boarding her ship. Let me know if I'm right. :p

Ooh, and I saw Mon Mothma too! She IS in the film, eheh, in a manner of speaking. In the scene when Ani and Obi return to Coruscant in the beginning of the movie and Mace Windu greets the Chancellor. Theres a wide shot from far away where you can see all the bodies around the chancellor and one of this is dressed in all white and has that silver necklace on. I'm like 99% sure it was her. ;) :p

10. Mr_Keebler

May 3, 2005
    yes, you are correct on both counts. Did anyone catch the falcon landing early on in the movie?

11. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    No I missed seeing the Falon. What scene was it in?

12. skunkpunk1

skunkpunk1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Timboloton, thanx for the info. I am a member and I'll make sure to look that up. As for Obi Wan, are you sure he went under the leg of the ship? When I saw it I thought he snuck into the ship itself behind Padme, and that's why he was standing in the doorway when they got to Mustafar. Otherwise, what reason is there for him to stand there? If he hid by the leg of the ship, why would he make is way back through to stand in the doorway when they landed, as opposed to just coming out from the bottom. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought I saw.

13. Mr_Keebler

May 3, 2005
    im pretty sure she meant to say that she saw him hiding under the ramp, which is where he was, and snuck up teh ramp after padme boarded.

as for the falcon, it is in the scene where the transport has docked in teh beginning...look at teh bottom landing platform towards middle right of the screen, saw it both times i saw it...its easy to spot if you look for the tell-tale exhaust flames

14. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    Saw it for the second time last night. Pavilion Theater in Brooklyn. IT was the BEST digital showing ever. Of any movie. Pristine, bright and crisp. The best. I did not, however, notice any new material. Anyone notice any new stuff between the film and digital versions?

SPECIAL NOTE: I noticed the last shot of 3-PO, before the wipe, on the Tantive. It's the EXACCT SAME as the first shot of him in ANH. Now that was awesome to see.

15. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Ahhhhhhhh the Falcon. :)

16. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    Saw the Falcon as well. THe digital is great to spot those little details.

17. Mr_Keebler

May 3, 2005
    i keep hearing abtou Gl's kid fighting anakin, and soem bater/exposition abotu Palpy's master Plagus created anakin or soem such nonsence, and soem additional jedi's death. Anyone else seen this. Its rumoured to be on a DTS Screen, but not all.

18. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    Order 66 = Godfather.

Some of you will probably see the correlation

Bellasabrina

I noticed the correlation last night. LIke Abe Vigoda being led to a car. And the whole Leave the gun. Take the Canoli's bit. That's the only correlation I could make.

19. MONICAD

MONICAD Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I loved it Saw it two times in theater best movie ever, I also went home to watch ROTJ, and for the first time I cried when Darth Vader Died, I guess I felt more for his character now.

I'v seen them all, but this was my favorite!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.