main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III discussion ***Spoilers Allowed****

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hiya,

People can talk here about Episode II and be spolied away. [face_mischief]

I was at Gen Con this week and wanted to get autographs from Zach Jensen, Rena Owen, and Matt Sloan but was not able to. They had not been able to attend the con because they had been called back for shooting in Episode III. i know this isn't really spoiler news but some people do not want to know anything about the up coming film. Interesting that Daniel Logan was there. I hope that doesn't mean he will not be in Episode III.

2. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I heard chewbacca was going to be in episode 3...thats all the spoiling i want =)

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Then you probably shouldn't come in here! :)
    I did read on Hyperspace that the day Chewie walked on set, Sam Jackson gave him a big Wookiee holla. To which, Chewie replied in kind!
    How cool would that have been to see?

4. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Yeah, I heard Chewie will be in it too. That would be so cool. I also heard that Padme will return to some wild costumes to hide the little Skywalker duo...

5. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Lightsabers are up - they butchered the Vader saber

Graflex looks cool

Obi ep4 is in the movie

All have Covertec's

Enjoy

Dave

PS - oh yea - Anakin turns to the dark side and the ship sinks :p

6. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    Really? Anakin turns to the Dark Side? You spolied it for me! Next you'll tell me he's like Darth Vader, right? Pssh ;)

7. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    seriously - the time index on the sabers is 8/11/2003 at 14:32:00 to 14:37:00

Kind of cool to see the old trilogy sabers being used in ep3 - the only 1 that sucks is the Vader - from what we can tell they used the "barbican saber" as a base, which is kind of a stunt hybrid POS

The real nice thing that is confirmed is that the sabers were made by the Lucasfilm prop dept and not Master Replicas..........

Dave

8. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    That' a shame they messed with Vader's saber. But it will be cool to see some of the original prop type stuff back :)

9. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    yea it is - I never thought I would see a saber as ugly or uglier than the Vader ROTJ saber - but from the pics it looks like they beat it.

At least the size seems to be right on the graflex - 1.5" diameter - which means that the parks replica will be the correct size.

I am both interested and frustrated with the obi saber - it is based off of the ep4 saber but it looks to have a thinner diameter body, copper or bronze neck, and is not really "faithful" to the original prop - I guess the MR "as built by" saber isn't exactly accurate...........

I can say this - if you don't have hyperspace get it - the $20 I spent for the year is soooooooo worth it just from the standpoint of costumes and sabers

I can't wait to get some closer looks at Anakin's ep3 costume - I think just about everyone has seen the obi costume changes.....

10. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    Who can miss Obi relaxing on his motorcycle? :)

Anakin remains shrouded in mystery...

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Anakin remains with a bad 70s haircut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.