main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Now's the time to open up Revenge of the Sith to discussion. Spoilers are now allowed! :D

What's your reaction to the movie? Did it fulfill your experctations? Are there any open questions you need answers for, and if so what are they? What did you like most about the movie? What did you like least?

EDIT: Locked in favor of the new sticky thread.

2. major_grievous

major_grievous Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I thought the movie was good. Definitely the best of the PT. The dialogue between Anakin and Padme was not AS clunky as AOTC. I have read on other boards that the "Vader Frankenstein" was a bit much, but come on -- he just lost both of his legs and tried to walk from the gurney for the first time as "mechanical vader." I found it to be quite believable. The pacing of the movie was good, and the action was great. If I had to rank all the movies, my rating would be:
    1. TESB
    2. ROTS
    3. ANH
    4. AOTC
    5. ROTJ
    6. TPM

By the way, I got a chance to meet Don and the gang. Great job with all the setup and activities. My family and I love the fact that everyone was a winner in the costume contest. My wife had worked hard on my son's outfit.

Talk to you all soon

Major

3. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Howdy! I'm extremely sorry I didn't get a chance to come out to Brier Creek last night while dressed in full Jedi costume. I was running so far behind that I didn't even get out to Cary until 10:00. I still hope to get to meet y'all soon!

Anyway... I definitely enjoyed the movie. I do have a few comments, though.

- I was really hoping for a further explanation of how Sifo-Dyas placed the order for the clones, and then Palpatine manipulated that order so that they'd be obedient to him when the time came.

- I thought that while Yoda and Obi-Wan were viewing the security footage from the temple, they also erased all traces of several systems (i.e. Dagobah) from the Jedi archives so that they'd have safe places of refuge from the Empire?

- I wanted to see more Clone combat action! (Especially now that I've gone overboard collecting them. LOL.) I guess I still have Battlefront II to look forward to for that fix.

Overall, though, very enjoyable. I'm definitely going to see it again very soon.

4. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Overall I liked it a lot. There are two minor things that I would have liked to see. What exactly he was doing there was Sly Moore doing there? He's the bald guy in the white cloak next to the chancellor in the senate and opera. I also would have liked it if they introduced Mon Mothma. They made it seem like Bail Organa was the man and did a lot single handed which is true, but it would have been cool to see her involvement in the rise of the rebellion.

5. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Dual post

6. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    I pretty much saw what I expected to see - a really good movie having to overcome a rough script and a full storyline smashed into 2 hours. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but the whole first hour seemed so much of a survey. Kind of "this happens - bam- this happens -bam- this happens, ok, so now here we are and now we'll slow it down." I could have easily set through another hour to have some more things explained. But I knew going into it, that that was going to be the case, so I can't say I was disappointed. Other than that, the scene with Vader in uniform taking his first steps - yes, it was a little clunky, imo; I understand that he just got new legs and stuff, but I did immediately think Frankenstein. Up until that point I was so angry with the Emperor and for what Vader was feeling (the smashing bottles, broken arm restraints were great) and that kind of broke it for me. And my husband still kind of makes fun of the "Noooooo!" which could have been a little better. I also disliked the turn around of Anakin. It was just too fast. He was crying one minute about Mace and the next he was done, and ready to do whatever the Emperor asked, and off to kill kids. I just felt like he could have had a little more "emoting" if that is the word, to get to that point. Again, a bit of a product of a lot of story in a little amount of time. And maybe a scene where Anakin and Padme talked about names so that it didn't seem so easy for her to accept the fact she now had twins she hadn't expected and was ready with a name so quickly. Now that I have grumbled about all of this, I guess it sounds like I didn't really enjoy it after all, but on the contrary.....

7. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    I loved the film. I thoroughly enjoyed the R2-D2/Yoda tricks that had so many in the audience laughing. The soundtrack was killer, and the love scenes, though a little stilted, were so adorable. My heart was broken. I know it sounds pathetic, but I got so involved in the characters throughout my life that the fall of Anakin and the terrible fate of the "star-crossed lovers" upset me, that I don't know when I will be able to watch it again. The final scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin disturbed me so much, with Anakin lying in pain as Obi-Wan had to turn his back on him, that I had to consciously not think about the film after watching it and for the most part all day. It hurt so much and I thought I was going to be sick. It was so emotional and though Anakin was ultimately wrong and evil, Padme was right, there was good in him and we all know that to be true, knowing how it all ends. It was gut and heart wrenching and I don't know if I can put myself through that again. Silly huh? The look in Anakin's eyes as he said he hated him and the depseration and sadness in Obi-Wan's voice..... I couldn't even cry, I was just so stunned (even though I knew it was coming.) The action sequences were great and the ending with the kids going to their respective homes was stellar (especially the final scene)and finally I got a little teary-eyed (I was really trying not to cry.) I know I am rambling, but a movie like that (and the end to such a thrilling saga) just gets me going. So sorry, but believe it or not, I actually didn't go on as much as I could have (REALLY SORRY, I know this was long- got myself worked up.)

8. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.