Spring, MO Episode III Discussion

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Nikana-, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikana- Jedi Youngling

star 2
  2. Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Impressive... most impressive
  3. IM_Hand_Solo Jedi Youngling

a very big step up from episode 1 and 2, though to be honest, I actually liked the first 2. I could've done without Jar Jar though...
  4. Damry_Hawke Jedi Youngling

Forget it. I'm just sticking with this name, and not logging out and back in. Live with it. :)

Anyway...I was quite impressed. The special effects were awesome, naturally..the story itself was amazing..the acting wasn't the greatest..but meh. Everything except for the "love" scenes were dealable with.

Actually..my biggest complaint was that Aayla got such a crappy death. My poor twi'lek Jedi. ;_;
  5. Nikana- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The love scenes.....

GL should NEVER be allowed to write another love scene as long as he lives. They were horrid.
  6. Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's not that Lucas is that bad at writing a good screenplay, he did need help with the love scenes... I believe he's a great storyteller, but he needs serious help directing. All of Lucas' best material is directed by others. Willow, ESB, ROTJ, Indiana Jones... 'nuff said.
  7. Darth_Trip Jedi Youngling

star 1
    IMO the best "paced" Star Wars film, i put it on par with ANH and ESB....it'll have to stand up to repeat viewings but so far so good. much more emotional than i expected. especially the dialogue during the duel. The Duel and the birth of vader(up until the god awful "NOOOOOO" was by far my favorite part. and my favorite shot from the entire movie was Vader lying on the bank at Mustafar with the Emperor standing over him, very powerful.

Yoda being cocky with lines like "If so powerful you are, why leave?" then realizing he's been bested "Into exile i must go, failed i have" really adds to his character and shows the power of the Emperor.

acting was leaps and bounds above TPM and AOTC but still lacking especially in the Padme/Anakin scenes but Hayden was much improved. i really liked his turn even if it was a tad rushed. the scene where he wants to kill Palpatine and the "quiet" scene in the Council chambers where among my favorites.
  8. Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    write those scenes?

I think the scenes are pretty good, IMO. Anakin and Padme actually sound like two, young, star-crossed lovers. If it sounded too Shakspereian it wouldn't have been believable.
  9. POV Jedi Youngling

It has to be the best movie next to ESB
  10. VoijaRisa Jedi Master

star 5
    A review, pics and all from my experience can be found .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.