main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Episode III DVD discussion: Need to have a Watch Party...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Which Hastings though? Jax one?

I think it would be good to do both, but Wally World prob should be the last spot we do. Easier on the TV people to set up in if anything. Either will be fine for me (since they're both in Jax). I was juz looking at the 'space' that the TV folks would need to set up for.

TV coverage would be cool since they were there for opening night.

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    The J-ville Hastings is the one doing it. I go where the Jedi masters go...you guys just let me know...

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok heres the deal I just talked to Hastings they will be opening there doors at 11:30 Oct 31. There will be a DVD release party going on with games and events also there is a costume contest. I also contacted a news photographer I meet at Star Wars EIII midnight release and told him we would be there and ask to respond if he could make it. So do we want to just meet there at 11:00 11:15 or do we want to meet earlier like 10:30 at Wal*Mart in Jville to draw atention to our selves since we wont be there at 12:00.

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    OK...are you talking about meeting at the Wal Mart or the Hastings??? I'm confused (which happens all the time)
    So, just clarify please....
    Thanks
    [face_pig]

5. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I am going to Hastings around 11:15. Then maybe around 1:00 go to Wal*Mart and get the movie. I was just asking if anyone wanted to meet earlier like at Wal*Mart around 10:00or 10:30 to kill time and maybe drum up some fans. Because I and anyone else that wants to wont be at Wal*Mart at 12:00.

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sounds like a plan there Henry :) I could meet you at Wally world around 10 and then head on over to Hastings around 11ish. :)

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Just let me know where I need to be and when...And I'll be there.
    Later
    [face_cowboy]

8. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    it's totally the pits that I can't bring my costume for Hastings. We are hopefully putting a few more touches on my headpiece tonight.. but unfortunately Shaak Ti won't fit in my luggage.. can you just see me walking on a flight and telling them I need an extra seat for my horns and lekku ;)

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL!! [face_laugh] That would have been hilarious! Wonder how'd they would have responded! [face_laugh]

Well you can come if you like ;) support of any kind is welcome. Don't feel to bad, we've got one who doesn't really like to dress up all that much. If you come w/o costume he might feel better! :D

10. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    can you just see me walking on a flight and telling them I need an extra seat for my horns and lekku

Wonder if you get a discount for that?

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm all for a discount!! They would probably take it apart through the security check point thinking it was some weird bomb.

My kids and I have Fan Force t-shirts that a guy in our group just made, we can just come in those.. a bit of star wars.

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    That should work :) at least we'll be able to recognize you then :)

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I should be pretty easy to recognize...I'll be in a brown Jedi robe and in a wheelchair...you can't hardly miss me.
    Kynstar should be fairly nearby. I'll pm you my cell phone number in case you need to get in touch with anyone to
    get directions or anything like that.
    Later
    [face_cowboy]

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    speaking of convoy.. is anyone else going to hastings from the hot springs area, if so .. what time.. I have to take my kids trick or treating until about 8pm most likely

16. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    I'll probably just end up going to wal-mart here in cabot in costume around 11:30 and hang out there untill midnight at which point I will actually buy the movie, lol. Still trying to decide if I should be the wookie jedi, or just anakin though... can't decide.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wookie jedi.. that's a kewl combination

18. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Hey Jaron, I'm going to J-ville from WLR, Cabot is way closer. Why don't you join us?

CU all 2night at J-ville Wally World and Hay-Stings. ;) I'll be the curly-haired jedi in the corduroy robe--Here's to hoping it won't rain tonight or tomorrow! Don't forget to come to my house tomorrow!

Jacob

19. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes and if you would like to see this red eyed wonder then go to our photo site where I just updated it with photos form TimmyCon II in Memphis. I'll add a few more when I get some more photos from the Memphis Fan Force. See ya tonight
    ArkanSith Galactic Renegades

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
  21. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Sorry havent used the link feature in awhile and left aline of text out. had to edit it.

22. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    i would so be there, but since its at midnight, i'm on my own because my mother will be in bed, and I really don't feel comfortable driving by myself to jacksonville and back, to afraid i'd fall asleep behind the wheel, so I'll just stick to cabot walmart, i'm getting the movie and battlefront II... staying home from school tomorrow to watch the movie and play the game :p :)

23. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey everyone I just updated the MSN site with new photos from last night. My photogragher must have been asleep part of the time he didnt get several shots I wished he would have. So if anyone has shots they want to add please do if your a member of MSN. If you arnt or dont want to join them please Email me the photo and I will go through them and post them. All I ask is that we dont just upload every photo you have try and get a varioty of differant people in the group. Thanks

And Jacob if you have any photos from TIMMYCON II post some or send them to me.

24. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Shoot me your email addy in a PM and I will send you some or get them up on a website.

Monday was great! Thanks to everyone who "trooped" WalMart and Hastings with us. Had a blast and we got a little publicity.

Speaking of publicity...
    One mistake we made at the opening in May was not getting our name and website out there in the media. We mentioned it to the reporters and hoped they would get it out there, but it never did get published anywhere from what I saw.
    If you talk to the press, make sure they mention the club. If you have to threaten them, use the force, blasters, whatever... ;)
    Actually I was thinking that when they ask to talk to us in the future, we just insist that if they use any comments or images from us/of us, they must mention the club and website on the air or in print.
    I thought it was a sad testament to the lack of honesty in the media the way most of the reporters played us in May. They all had their stories written ahead of time and quoted us out of context and sometimes misquoted to tell the story they had already written. Pitiful.
    Show the press we're savvy, savvy?

25. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    this is how much i suck. i havent even bought it yet. i dont have time right now to give it justice. so, i wont buy it til i can. i just isnt fair that my kids get to enjoy it when i cannot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.