main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA EPISODE III DVD EVENT - *DATE CHANGED* NOV. 1, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    As far as Katrina Relief goes, can we coordinate with Virgin to give out raffle tickets for our prizes for every dollar donated to the relief effort? I think that would be a great way to encourage people to donate and tie it in with charity :) They did a similar thing at the Serenity premiere. Everyone got 1 raffle ticket for free, but for every dollar donated to their charity you'd get an extra ticket.

Maybe Matt or Dale can contact Virgin and ask?

Will Virgin allow us to bring some kind of advertising flyer by to pass out at their registers a few days before the event to advertise our prizes, Katrina Relief donations, etc? (or maybe that's already been taken care of).

- Kay Dee

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy, maybe you can win the costume contest with the Leia buns and a Duran Duran t-shirt! ;)

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    That's a shame about all the confusion. I can be there tues. I bought several bags of candy I can throw in. Although I am sure now we will get jokes about being a day late for costuming. lol It's probably better to do it at night because there probably won't be much of a crowd in the middle of the morning on a week day. Let me know how I can help with the organizing.
    If all else fails, we can give the prizes away at the Alpha bar since most of us will be there anyway. hee hee

4. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    But if you give out prizes at the alpha bar, people like me won't get a chance to win (due to age restrictions.) :(

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I believe the Alpha Bar event ahs it's own prizes.

For those of you that didn't make the meeting, here are the jobs that have been taken:

EMCEE- me

PHOTOGRAPHER - Harlock 415

CANDIES - Star Smuggler

SET-UP - myself, Anasian Skywalker, SW Fan3, Star Smuggler, Harlock 415

FLYERS - SW Fan3

Am I forgetting anyone? Please check the previous post about what jobs are needed. The Battlefront II demo will probably not happen, since they said they won't be getting the game until the 3rd. Remember, there can be more than one person for these jobs, so we can rotate through the night. Please get there (if you can) after 6 pm to get ready and get to your posts.

I'll be meeting with the manager in charge to get more details worked out. Check here often for updates!

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I might still be able to make it. I only just read about the day change, so I need to check my schedule for that evening. I'll see. Hope so!

- Kai

7. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just got word from my bro that SF Virgin Management love the Flyers that our very own Mr. Erick R. Steiner created. So here are the 2 different designs. Please feel free to make copies and post all over. Spread the signal!

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/MODIFIEDVERSION.jpg]
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/VaderVirginflyer.jpg]

If it does not come out right when you print this, send me a PM w/your e-mail and I'll send you a direct copy of each file.

8. CagedReality

Sep 28, 2005
    Wow, those flyers look great!

9. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    Sorry I missed the meeting. But count me and the younglings in. We should be there about 6 or 7. so if you need help setting up or carpooling just let me know. I lost most or your numbers when my phone broke. cblack571@fanforce.net

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah. A special thanks goes to Ian at the GGG for a helping "hand" with the Vader flyer. ;)

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Excellent Flyers Eric! Hopefully they will help draw a good crowd Tuesday evening.

- Kay Dee

12. CagedReality

Sep 28, 2005
    I would be happy to help with anything. Let me know if you still need people.

13. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Hey look what i got!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/erickrsteiner/ROTSDVD.jpg]

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    How many people can be at the store before 6 pm to help set up, and be in costume by 6 pm to be Jedi protesters?

15. CagedReality

Sep 28, 2005
    I can if you need me to be. :)

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The event is now on the Virgin website:

http://www.virginmegamagazine.com/default.asp?vms=6

17. CMANavy

CMANavy Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    Hi, Noob here.

What time should I show up? 6-7?

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Anyone can start showing up after 6 pm, but the event won't acually start until 7 pm. I need at least 4 jedi to be outside the store for an hour to "protest" and hand out flyers to passers-by to bring them into the store, tell them about the event, etc.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    You guys have gotta see the Easter Egg on the DVD. It's hilarious! :D The short shot of Yoda on "The Chosen One" featurette seems like a good sign of things to come, and at least one of the deleted "Rebellion" scenes should've been put back into the movie, I think.

Thanks, Erick.

Well, let's keep opinions of the DVD hushed until after Nov. 1st. Let's keep this on-topic, shall we?

20. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Another noob here. I have stormtrooper armor. Will there be a place to change? Or do we have to show up already dressed? Might be a pain to change in the parking lot. Might also scare some people in armor in the parking lot elevator:D

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yes. There will be changing area only for those who will be there to set-up before 7 pm, and for those with "hard" costumes (troopers). Come to the front desk by the door and there will be temporary security badges to get you upstairs to the changing room. Just say you're with the SF Fan Force or 501st.

As for parking, if you park at the Ellis St. Garage nearby after 6 pm, it's a flat rate of $6. For directions, see the previously posted link to Virgin's website. If you're taking BART, get off at Powell St. station, and take the 4th St./Stockton St. exit. It's right across the street.

22. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hello!!!!!!!! Sorry I couldn't make the last meeting
    I've been so busy lately with my new work.
    I was very surprise to see the day for the release
    party to be move to 11/01. What happened?
    Please let me know what I can do to help?
    See ya on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!

23. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Awesome flyers Erick!

24. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, I've decided to blow off the movie tickets I purchased for Tuesday night and just attend the Virgin event. I feel like I missed out on the Jabba's Palace party on Saturday, I don't want to miss out on this too!

If there is something I can help with while I'm there that would be great. Don't want to be uselessly standing around.

So, you need me to get there around 6ish with the protest signs? Will I be able to change into my costume there as well even though it's not armor? Is there a secure place to store our clothing and what not? And is there a parking garage everyone has generally agreed to park in? (Just so I'm not walking to my car alone at night).

Thanks -

Kay Dee

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Wow, Kathy. Glad you decided to change your mind. But I'm sure Simon, Nick, John, Andy and Roger will understand. Besides, their DVD comes out that same day as well, so you can actually see what you missed. :)

If you could come around 6-ish with the signs, that'd be great Kathy. Britney made one more. You can park at the Ellis St. garage next door, and when you get to the front table in the store, ask for a pass to the changing room and say you're with SF Fan Force. If I'm nearby, I can take you there myself. There'll be a changing room to store our stuff.

In general, the more people who come by 6, the easier and faster it'll be to assign duties at certain areas. Once that's taken care of, the rest of the night should run OK.

Don't forget to buy those raffle tickets, people. Yes, everyone is allowed to enter. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.