EPISODE III DVD EVENT - *DATE CHANGED* NOV. 1, 2005

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Would have been cool to see it on the big screen, but I ordered the DVD a while ago so I'll see it at home. The only thing I'll miss is a special intro that is only being shown in the theater, but I'll live (I'm not the die hard fan I used to be).

I'll do my hair at home, but probably just change at Virgin so I'm not walking the street in costume.

See you all tomorrow!

- Kay Dee
  2. jawbreaker666 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You guys, so wish I could be there. Had such a good time on saturday with everyone. Have fun and see you in on the 12th.
  3. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    I had a great time last night guys. It was cool to meet you all, and I can't wait until the next event!

In case you don't know who I am, I was the Ep. III Anakin with blonde hair. ;)

[image=http://tabit.outburst8.com/cagedreality/rebelscum3.jpg]
  4. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    Glad I got to meet everyone lastnight. I had fun .. even though I got arrested. Did anyone happen to get pics of that protester dressed up as MIB?
  5. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks to all who made this event a success, instead of a "suck cess". After the date had changed, and some people bailed, I was hoping to still have an event. This was due to all of you who attended, and helped out (you know who you are). :) It was great meeting new faces, like the "bucket heads": William (and Natalia), Joe, Elton, and Sean too.

A special thanks to the Virgin Megastore staff, especially Patrick and Eric, who helped coordinate this with me, and to Esha, who manned the raffle tickets. Speaking of which, we raised $271 for the Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina Relief! I'd like to once again thank the sponsors who provided prizes: Master Replicas, Advanced Graphics, and Sideshow Collectibles.

Also, if anyone didn't get their iron-on giveaway and/or sticker, let me know, since I have some left.

Lastly, thank you, Chanel for guiding me once more through another crazy event! @};-
  6. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so sorry I had to bail at the last minute. :( I am glad it was not a "suck" cess, but sorry that I was one of the dwindling number of people who could make it. Real life stuff came up. Feh.

But still, it was great seeing you at the party on Satuday...

- Kai, Abashed
  7. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for all of your work in putting the event together JedHead. And thanks to the troopers for making it out as well! Not to mention all the others who came out in costume to make the event all that much more fun.

I didn't take many photos, but for now this one has to be my favorite from the evening. I was laughing so hard I was afraid the photo wouldn't turn out.

Random San Francisco Street Picketer falls in with the Star Wars Fan Force - He thought we were with him and wanted to know what this order 66 was all about. ROTF!

[image=http://kay-dee.net/virgin-05/protestor.jpg]
  8. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks Kat, I was looking forward to seeing that pic.^ Now that image is definitely an "Only in San Francisco" moment! :D
  9. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I don't know what planet that guy was from. 12 galaxaies? Well, we were from a galaxy far far away. I guess he thought he could convert us.

- Kay Dee
  10. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    Who has more pictures? I left my camera at home... :(
  11. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
  12. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think Agent K and Agent J need to come get him. He's the one that got away [face_laugh]
  14. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I mentioned that guy to a co-worker of mine and she said he jumps into every protest there is. She also said that he apparently is so well known he had a bar named after him, twelve galaxies. I guess he is a SF fixture. So at least he thought we were ligitimate. By the way, great job organizing and emceeing everything Matt. If only I had won something I didn't already have. lol
  15. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great photos! I'm sorry I couldn't be there, it looks like it was a lot of fun. Great costumes everyone! Sean, nice Anakin! Mirtha, was that you as one of the Leias? I wish I had been there with you and Kathy so we could have had a Leia trio! :) ADORABLE younglings in costume too! Britney, the Padme outfit looks great. Love the protest signs, so perfect for SF!! ;) Yeah, that 12 Galaxies guy is famous. I heard that in the Mission he can go into any bar and get free drinks because he's famous for walking around with his sign 24/7. I also heard he is VERY strange ... ! :) Matt, any chance of the "Outer Rim SFFF" getting a spare iron on and/or sticker.... ? [face_whistling]
  16. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, the levitating pumpkin is HILARIOUS! Excellent!!!

- Kai
  17. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    THAT is hysterical. What was the 12 galaxies bit all about, I wonder? Did you get anything coherent out of him??????

Edited: Duh. This is what I get for posting before reading the rest of the thread. Sorry about that. Well, if anybody DOES know what he means by "12 galaxies" I'd still be intrigued to find out...

- Kai
  18. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't want to encourage him, so I didn't ask what his sign was all about. Looks like jibberish to me. But maybe someone else out there knows what his cryptic messages are all about?

- Kay Dee
  19. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    Did a search on yahoo and came up with this

http://www.12galaxies.20m.com/

here's one of the reponses:

yeah, i approached this guy one day and asked him what his deal was and maaaaan oh man, is he ever weird. he was basically unintelligible, but i did catch something about him being denied his rightful movie-star status because he is from a different universe. can you believe the nerve of those hollywood execs denying this guy his rightful claim to fame just because he's not from this neck of the woods?? he also said something about clinton, kennedy, lincoln, and a bevy of other presidents past being from a different universe and also being behind the denial of his rightful world fame. pretty cool, huh?

Like I said.. Agent J and agent K need to come get him.:D
  20. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for diggin up that 12 Galaxies info elmoizme:)

So Matt, was this guy your inspiration for the protest signs? No wonder he felt at home with our "Impeach Palpatine" sign. I guess I should feel lucky the guy actually spoke with me (since he's usually silent).

BTW - this is the bar named after him (or his sign):
    http://www.12galaxies.com/home.html

- Kay Dee
  21. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wait a second....im confused, WHO was that guy?
  22. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    Matt, do you know if the other pictures have been hosted yet?
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hopefully by this weekend, they'll be put up on the Golden Gate Garrison web site.
  24. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. SiaLanWezz Force Ghost

star 2
    I have taken some pictures but it was almost at the end and the pictures are mostly of Angelica and Charles kids in costumes during the costume contest.
    The event was great. This year I have bought 15 dollars worth of tickets and won 3 prices. I was happy, especially since one of them was the most expensive one of the bunch. Thanks Robert. I heard from Matt you got that one from SideShow. Chanel must of had a hand in that one, although I did want one of the sabers. I never seem to win one. Matt is the lucky one, He wins everything, mostly the good stuff that is. That night , he probably did not buy any tickets , thats why the rest of us had a chance.[face_dancing] Anyhow, Angelicas stand up of the droids is mounted on the wall in her bedroom and now she is after the fur ball [face_laugh] and Padme.Thanks Ming for trading Yoda for Greivous. I protested in going, was a bit tired and am glad Angelica made me go.We had fun. My question to Matt is , are there going to be prices to be won at the Millpitas event? Since ,I am on this winning streak I just might win the saber I want.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.