main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III End Credits music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by batvader, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaphod_Kenobi

Zaphod_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Speaking of the end credits of Episode III, I had an idea earlier this summer. Pause track 15 at 8:50 on a CD player (before the next piece of music plays) and put on the RotJ DVD. Go to Scene 49: 'Celebration', just before the fireworks start going off. Finally, hit 'Play' on the soundtrack as the fireworks explode. If you hit 'Play' at just the right spot, the music will hit all these marks:

• 'Throne Room' theme blares out as the fireworks explode, then fades out as they fade away.(8:49-9:00)

• Force theme plays gently as we see a montage of Bespin, Tatooine, and Naboo (9:00-9:23), and intensifies as we pan across Coruscant (9:24), fading out as we fade to Endor. (9:43)

• Second drumbeat matches Ewok drumming.(10:02)

• As Luke and Leia hug, the music rises in pitch. (10:25)

• Star Wars theme plays until Luke looks out at Obi-Wan and Yoda. (10:35-10:55)

• Ending, which is similiar to ending of 'Throne Room' theme, comes in as Anakin materializes, reaches its peak on the shot of the Rebels, and ends just as we iris out to the credits. (10:56-11:16) Stop the music at 11:16.

I do not, unfortunately, have the materials to post this on the Internet, so I suggest you try this by yourselves at home. Offer me feedback on this alternate Celebration music!

2. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The peppy fanfare sounds really out of place in RotS. I would have been happy to hear BotH's follow it but that's not the case.

3. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Because BotH precedes it.

4. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Last weekend I decided to try editing my own End Credits for ROTS. The actual credits are essentially ANH with Battle of the Heroes nicely woven in, and the ROTJ end fanfare as opposed to the ANH one. While it sounds nice I would've liked something new. If I lower the quality, is it OK to post a link to it on the forum?

5. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Yeah I wasnt happy with the whole fanfare thing myself. Seemed out of place. :(

6. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I didn't mind the fanfare, I didn't find it destroying the mood, more so enchaning it. We had just seen the last new Star Wars film ever - and it was GREAT. The Fanfare just enhanced that moment when you realised Star Wars on the big screen was over! It was a sad time, but I felt happy for some reason, happy that it had ended on such a high note!

But it was kind of in the same vein as some of the TV spots, where the Fanfare played and VO was saying "The Jedi Fight, and Face the evil Sith Lord" etc etc. They completly overlooked the whole, jedi get wiped out thing :D

7. QUI-DON-JINN

QUI-DON-JINN Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    The first time I heard the ROTS end credits was after I had seen the film, but I wasn't able to stay through the credits. I was pleased somewhat to hear the Throne Room music, but when it repeated with a rather jarring re-start, I was disappointed. Then, when I saw ROTS again and was able to stay through the credits and heard how the music was in the film, I thought even more that the CD music is not how I would have wanted it.

I put together an end credits piece, using the existing ROTS music until the main theme ends, then sequeing into Across the Stars (AOTC end credits), then into Battle of the Heroes, and back into the main theme to wrap it up. I thought since Anakin's and Padme's relationship was pretty important in the film that ATS was appropriate. Unfortuanately, BotH was the only big main theme for ROTS. I don't really count Grievous' theme; he wasn't that important and doesn't deserve to be in the end credits. I'm debating putting in Anakin's Theme between ATS and BotH, since Anakin was the focal point of the film.

8. RevanX

RevanX Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    why most of the music vol. to low?

9. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    the music of the end credits dont concern me coz i dont stick around to listen to it.

But I would like to say that i thought the overall score for ep3 was the worst out of all six. Why? because there was too much borrowing from the other films. Personally the music should have been original but similar in a small way.

10. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    That sounds interesting. The credits I put together went from the A New Hope piece to the usual start of the end credits music, then using the segue from TPM's credits that goes into Duel of the Fates and used that to transition into Anakin's Betrayal. About 2/3 into that theme it changes into Battle of the Heroes, then Light of the Force (the two versions of the Force theme prior to Anakin's funeral - I really liked these forceful statements of the Force theme and was sad they were never used in a film at all) finally to the existing ROTS credits music (at the point where we hear a rather stirring Force theme that then a Throne Room crescendo), except I substituted the fanfare at the very, very end with the last portion of the Imperial March concert suite. All the edits apart from that one sound natural to me, but I thought it was a very nice sting of an ending and just had to use it.

11. QUI-DON-JINN

Feb 2, 2005
    Those credits sound interesting as well. I think I'll have to work that one up and see how it sounds.

I re-worked mine, placing Anakin's Theme after the Main Theme, then going into AtS and then BotH. Anakin's Theme melds really well with AtS; I was pleasantly suprised. Adding Anakin's Theme bumped it up to around 12 minutes, but that's okay since the OST track is about 13 anyway.

100th Post! [face_dancing]

12. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I just edited "The Throne Room" out for my credits "suite" (and used the album version of "Battle of the Heroes" for a better segue to the finale), but I'll tell ya...

"Anakin's Betrayal" 0:00-2:49
    "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" 30.7-end

Mix "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" in so that the first beat coincides with the third horn note in "Anakin's Betrayal." This is what I did in an RotS medley I'm working on and it sounds... well, it's good. ;)

And I recommend editing the "Clash of Lightsabers" rehash. It's a little tricky to do well; you'll need fade outs, fade ins, and a pitch shift.

13. QUI-DON-JINN

Feb 2, 2005
    Well, I tried the "Main Theme-Anakin's Betrayal-BotH-LotF-RotS/IM" cue . . . and liked it. I couldn't quite get the transition from the TPM end credits to work going from the RotS to TPM, but I think it flowed well anyway just using the RotS music. I like the LotF statements going into the drum roll of the regular RotS finale. And, though I'm not sure where you put the Imperial March at the end, I really liked where I put it, right before the final blast and drum finale. If you know what that last part of the IM is, it's rather fitting.

I did this too and really liked how it flowed. I put that mix into the above end credits suite and found it worked well too, though it bumped it up a few more minutes. Oh, well. :)

14. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    The Throne Room concert was just Williams' way of saying "Well, it's been a fantastic journey, folks. Remember where it all began?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.