main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark EPISODE III: Feed back on the Movie

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by python2, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. python2

python2 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2005
    Hey guys now that we seen the movie, its time for some feed back.

Post your comments.

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Dear God!!! I will have nightmares about burning flesh for weeks....It was great though, the best one yet I think. Now I have to go watch the origional trilogy to make myself feel better.....

3. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I'm gonna list places where I got the chills.

1. Order 66.
    2. "I HATE YOU!"
    3. Binary Sunset w/Owen and Beru and Luke.

4. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    oh my I can't even list all the time I got chills, lol.

my only reaction to that movie... WOW... it was great beyond words! I had a great time, everyone seemed to like my wookiee jedi costume! I was filmed on the news at least 4 times. The people from fox 16 and thv 11 (i believe it was 11) told me that my costume was the best costume out there. :).

I really thought that the wookiees would have a bigger role though... hmm... who cares it was still a GREAT movie!

5. Dub273

Dub273 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2003
    Ahhh, so you're the one with the Wookiee Jedi costume! That was pretty cool. I noticed you were in the same 12:20 showing at the Rave as I was.

Some of the guys around were asking if a Wookiee could actually become a Jedi. My feeling was, if he had a high enough midi-chlorian count, why not?

I was happy to see so many costumes and such a long frickin' line around the theater.

6. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    The movie was fantastic. The media coverage in the line was fantastic (Even if I did say that the building was good to us (meaning it gave us good shade) on live television. By the way, I have the Fox 16 newscast with our stuff on it so if ayone wants a copy, let me know. It was worth getting there at 8 am to stake a place out for our group in the front of the line. Lets make sure that we all say a very big thank you to Mr. Hoffman, the manager man for everyting he did for our group. I'm thinking maybe we could make up a nice certificate "thingy" that says Arkansith...on it and present it to him in appreciaton. I don't think many theatre managers let people reserve seats like that...Be sure to thank the Rave. It was great to finally meet everybody. So, when are we getting together again. Perhaps we could ask Mr. Hoffman if we could set up a small table and hand out flyers for the Fan group...??? Just a thought. So, when is everyone going back to see it again?????

7. DarthYlime

DarthYlime Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    I laughed, I cried,........It was better than CATS. What a great movie and what a great atmosphere to be a part of. I am new to the message boards and it is great to know that are really other people like me out there. I agree with everyone so far, a BIG THANK YOU needs to go to all the management and employees at the rave. And a big thank you to all the Arkansith that were there. I got there at 6:00 yesterday and would gladly do it again. Oh wait, I am doing that again tonight and Friday.

8. _Darth_Malice

_Darth_Malice Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    The movie was SWEET! Never knew that Chewbacca was in the clone war. Guess his apathy in episodes 4-6 throws that point of view off. As for Dub273 question about a Wookiee Jedi why not they have a clone jedi in the books.

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Feedback... [face_thinking] Well let me see... first off I want to say thanks for folks hanging out through out the wait. It was awesome! I enjoyed the waiting :D Otis your kids rock btw! ;) Thanks for allowing me to play that game too. It looks like a pretty sniffy game :)

My fave part (of many parts that is...) is where Palps admits to Anakin that he knows of the darkside. That juz rocked!

Poor guy... all for love at the start of it. :( How sad indeed. And one now can somewhat gather why that type of 'relationships' are discouraged.

Loved it! Of course my tear jerking moments was with Dooku (thank the Force that Mr. Lee did NOT have to cry out like the book has him do!), the Jedi being killed off (both in the Temple and abroad), and where Obi informs Anakin about him being the Chosen One, (Anakin calls out that he hates him), then Obi telling him about thinking Anakin as a brother and the fact that he did indeed loved him. :_|

Awesome totally excellent movie!! Saw it again today and will be seeing it again Sat with my son. ([face_laugh] when I went to Lakewood to see it today... some jerk came in drunk and disrupted it a lil - not bad really - and I got a free admission ticket. So guess what I'm gonna be seeing with it? [face_laugh])

I talked with the manager several times that late eve and night. He was impressed at the turn out and how we acted (ecxept for one minor incident, nothing real bit) but he was truly impressed and was so happy that we had a blast. :D

Thanks for helping out everyone :D I know I truly enjoyed myself!!

10. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    I already "raved" (no pun intended) on how much I loved the movie...Thanks forceconduit for pointing out George and the Falcon for me, I totally missed both of those last night. Saw the movie again at 4 with otisdodge and forceconduit...and I have to admit that I also saw it at noonish alone...It just keeps getting better and better. For those who don't know, since the FOX guy put me on the news for being out at 8am, I was busted by my 7 year old for being at the movie without him so I made him a shirt that says...My mom saw Star Wars at midnight and all I got was this shirt...But, more to the point, I made one up for myself that said "Thank the maker" on the front but on the back said,
    I'm a Galactic Renegade
    Arkansith
    you could be one too
    ask me how...
    And I got 11 email addresses from it, I didn't have any cards or anything but if someone would post the info that goes on them, I can make some and keep them to hand out.
    THE MOVIE IS GREAT!!!
    Kynstar, are you going to handle the certificates, or do you need that done??
    LOVED IT

11. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    so does anyone have any pictures? I want to see what I looked like, lol. (I couldn't see myself)

Also I love looking at pictures :p I am going to try to get mine developed tonight.

12. ARKJedi

ARKJedi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    This is a pic of me with the two Stormtroopers from last night: http://img280.echo.cx/img280/6299/dsc002124pg.jpg

This is my friend, David Sanders, holding my lightsaber from last night. A pretty cool pic!
    http://img280.echo.cx/img280/5149/dsc002164ga.jpg

13. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    The movie was better than I hoped!! I can't say anything negative at all(not very Sith like huh?) My faves were of course the Lightsaber battles and Yoda and Sidious. Sidious's face was priceless when Yoda slammed his lightning right back at him!! The teary scenes were many. The Temple got me and the Twins alot. Jeepgirl was right there crying with me. It was fanatstic to see alot of us having a great time waiting too. We are even in the Gazette. My girl Kynstar and bud Ramon is even pictured in it! Way to go Renegades! To everyone great job and thanks for coming! Can't wait for the next meeting!!!

May The Force Be With You

14. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Many tearful moments, but some of my favorites are the funny little things that Obi does and says. Particularly his witty banter with Anakin, but on of my favorite was when he kicked Grevious (Please forgive me if I spelled that wrong) and screamed cause it hurt his shin to do so. Call me weird, but you would be correct. I'm probably going back again tomorrow.

15. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    Hey everyone, I am wanting to get copies of stuff that happened, so if you know where I can get copies of like the newspapers and the news reports please tell me I would like to get them.

16. Jedi_Prezrick

Jedi_Prezrick Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    I saw the midnight showing hear in mountin home with about 600 uther people it was grate but really really sad. I was in our news paper in my yoda costume and thy even had a paragraph about my i culdint beleve that out of all those people thay picked me it was a blessing from God! any way I loved the movie it was funny but sad, inspurational but depressing. I beleve it was bitter swete to wach it for all of us, noing it was the last episode,but we all no star wars will live in all of our hearts forever.

I LOVE STAR WARS

17. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I felt by far that this episode was the best, Ill admit the ending is what got me the most in terms of crying. I saw it at Breckenridge Thursday night and came to the conculsion that I will only go to Breckenridge when something is sold out at the Rave. I might go tonight but I will go Saturday night.

Lets hope it breaks Titanic's record

18. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey jeepgirl can you make me a copy of our segment on Fox 16? Just let me know what you need( a tape address to mail it to etc...) Hey to everybody!!!!!

19. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith Review

The stunning conclusion to the Star Wars saga pulls some tricks out of George Lucas's hat of mystery. With stunning visual effects and awesome storyline, Ep3 hits the top of the list to be the second best in the saga. Yet there are still flaws in the dialogue that can be weak and simple sometimes, the marvelous job of undoing predictability overthrows the the intercessions of dialogue. The downside of making the last 3 before making first ones is that it kill some of your surprise and then again this film triumphs in making this film less predictable that was originally thought.

Some other problems i had where just fanboy stuff. Like the Mon Moffma character is not even in the movie yet still there is a figure of her. The character of Chewbacca has very little role in the story if at all. Tarkin Just walks away and says nothing or does nothing.

The General Grevious part was good yet short. Grevious being an asthmatic Droid/Human, has some great saber scenes yet it still left me craving more. This film in general was a great, yet small flaws that got to me.

Grade-A

20. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Grievous isn't asthmatic. If you watched the end of the 2nd edition of the "Clone Wars" cartoon, you'll notice Mace puts a force-grip on him as he is flying away with the Chancellor and nearly crushes his chest cage. That's why he is coughing.... he's sort of dying.

21. Jedi_Prezrick

Jedi_Prezrick Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Hi every body I just herd star wars ep 3 broke all opening day records isint that grate!

Ilove STAR WARS

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Also Elan the recent Obsession sheds some light on Grievous' possible probs too ;)

23. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, I haven't read Obsession yet. I figured there would be a lot in it that would lend some details to ROTS. Guess I gotta read that soon....

EDIT: Also, I started thinking about it a bit. If the very last installment of the Clone Wars cartoon did not have Grevious coughing, and we didn't really see him anymore until the movie (since the cartoon and the movie seamlessly attach) then my only deduction to him having "difficulties" is because of Mace. Maybe I got it wrong though. [face_laugh]

24. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I think it might have been reveled in Labyrinth of Evil

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe I saw it again last night ;) so seeing it on Sun will make my 4th time! :D Gotta go cuz my pup hasn't seen it yet.

It was awesome seeing it again. The crowd was pretty responsive (better than the last group that had the drunk...) and cheered several times.

The music juz draws you in... I remember a guy saying that when we were leaving. Also the same guy was totally confused at Grievous' delima of coughing so I had to explain it to him. George obviously thinks everybody is following the other materials... I juz hope the guy still enjoyed the movie. He seemed to have had...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.