main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark EPISODE III: Feed back on the Movie

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by python2, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    A cold? [face_laugh]

2. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I figure this would be the best place to post this....

The Rebel Alliance has X-wings, and they look similiar to the ARC fighters. But the interesting thing is that the laser blasts of the ARCs are green and the X-wing are red.

Am I just wrong on thinking the ARCs became the X-wing in the OT

3. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Congrats fellow AGRs we helped Star Wars break the midnight and set it at 16.5 mil and set the opening day record at 50 mil, I believe this is how it should be, Star Wars holds all records. I like spiderman but I hated it when it broke some of SWs records

4. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    It was great!

I went to see the premire with the Chattanooga fan force. Sarka Vrae force smoozed the manager at the Rave there and we actually got to see a private showing Tuesday at midnight, yes you can all be jealous :p

Anyway I wore a Jedi costume topped with a Arkansas Razorback straw cowboy hat, everyone loved the redneck jedi.

5. BetaHacker

BetaHacker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2004
    On the whole I thought the movie was quite good. Of course there are some flaws in it such as Portmans little one liners. "Your breaking my heart" yeah like those. Really though she is the only one I had an issue with. I still feel like Lucas is just taking the easy road on things here though. Such as padme's death, how she has just, "lost the will to live". Things like that bother me. I will say though that both Hayden and Ewans performances were very good and quite moving, espescially the "I loved you like a brother" dialogue. Moving stuff seriusly. Granted thats more the actors then anything, which hey whatever works right. The only other thing I had a real issue with was the end scene with Vader. This was an incredible scene. Vader has just been told he is the reason for his wife death and then...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
    ...WHAT? It took me right out of the movie almost to the point of being funny. Aside from these things though, I loved the movie. Definitly the best of the PT and strong despite its flaws.

6. _Darth_Malice

_Darth_Malice Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Got a question for everyone especially the ones who saw the movie multi. times. Did anybody see the Millennium Falcon making an apearence when Anikin & Obi were crash landing Grevious' ship on the landing platform?

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah it's there JR :) I didn't catch it yet but ForceConduit spotted it and showed jeepgirls30 I'm hoping to catch it next Mon when I take Duncan to see it. Soooo what'ch'ya doing next Mon? Wanna go with us? [face_laugh]

8. _Darth_Malice

May 19, 2005
    So far I'm open after 7 Kynstar. As long as nothing changes I'm game.

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll check with Al. He was wanting to go in the afternoon. But I'll see :) If not maybe we can go on Sat? You off on Sat?

10. _Darth_Malice

May 19, 2005
    After 1 on Sat.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    To get this thread back on track, I thought I'd give my critique on this wonderful movie:

First off, this has to be on of the best... no THE best space dogfighting scenes/sequences I have ever witnessed. I literally got dizzy from all the crazy angles! There were a few times that it took my breath away. Amazingly awesome is all I have to say about that. I was pretty impressed at how well Grevious' bodyguards handled themselves. They seemed to hold their own better in the comics, but they didn't face Obi and Ani either... ;) Grevious was rather humorous in ROTS compared to his "Clone War" cartoon self. I liked it. It gave him more personality. :)

Next, we have Padme and Ani's relationship. I felt this was spot-on. Many folks seem to think they didn't have chemistry. Well, I will agree that I wasn't impressed with AOTC's performances, but I felt they redeemed themselves in this one. I don't care what anyone says about Padme's "You're breaking my heart" line. It was heartfelt for me and literally made me tear up. I think many "fanboys" felt the dialogue was sub-par. Well, I got news for ya... if you are went expecting something else then you set yourself up for that one. Star Wars has never been known for Academy Award winning dialogue and never will. It is apparent to me these two love each other and I felt Padme's pain in the end. She lost the will to survive simply because she loved Ani so much.

The duels. I'll say it again: the duels. WOW BABY!! That has to be some of the best action-packed sequences I will ever see. Grevious versus Obi was well done in my opinion. Many may feel that it wasn't long enough, and that Grevious lost momentum way to early on. Maybe true. But Obi is pretty bad-A too! When Grevious came out with all 4 lightsabers and spinning those bad-boys like a chainsaw was an ultimate high there! I was curious how Obi was going to get himself out of that one. Of course, he always does.. somehow. Ani versus Obi left me drooling. I don't think I blinked one time throughout. Another moment in the film that brought me to the brink was when Obi mentions loving him like a brother. It sums up Obi's feelings since he met him. He came full circle. He went from not trusting the young boy to becoming his best friend... maybe even a father figure. Truly sad and moving.

I give this movie an A+. Not simply for the eye candy, but for the enduring summation and conclusion I've always wanted. I can finally lay to rest why some Jedi disappear and others don't! :D

12. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Thanks to force conduit, I finally saw the Falcon during viewing 7. You have to look down in the right hand corner and it's about the size of the quarter, but it's there in all it's beauty. I catch different stuff each time that I see it, sometimes I think it's because I am sitting in different spots. So, that said. Did anyone else wish that he had put the signatures of the senators (from the book) in the movie? They could of made it a bit longer, but you know, as George says, he'll take out dialog for action any day. Did anyone else read the interview he gave where he said that if the numbers for this flick are where he wants them to be then in around 10 years or so he'll make 8, 9, and 10 and leave 11, 12, 13 for his kids to decide what to do with??

13. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    What about 7? Is he going to skip seven, just to tease us? ;)

I have to say that one of the things I am most disappointed about this film is the run time. It seems like he could have put so much more into it, but he seems to be married to this magic two hours and twenty minutes. It's not like we didn't all sit through LOTR. It's not like it wasn't a blockbuster. It's not like I didn't see FOTR in theaters about 15 times--well, maybe it was only 8, but that doesn't seem like that much after BJ seeing ROTS 7 times in 6 days. :eek:

14. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Sorry, it should be 7,8,9, and 10,11,12 oops, I never claimed to be perfect. Sorry about that. I agree that the movie was way way way too short, you would think he would realize that people sat through lord of the rings...Oh well, I still like it.

15. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I agree that the movie was way way way too short, you would think he would realize that people sat through lord of the rings...

... and I thought those movies were an hour too long, IMHO. Sorry, I felt the LOTR movies just went on and on (especially FOTR) at times and could have been told in 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I guess I'm just a "get to the point" kinda guy. ;)

Well, I look at it like this: I think the run-time is fine for ROTS because Lucas can make a 10 times better movie in two-thirds the time. ;) :D

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    George and his time limit... you know... you'd think he'd let that go for this LAST time since it is the LAST move (so he states [face_laugh]) But nooo the *ahem* continues to hold to his time limit. Bloody fool... he'd make even more if he'd spread it out better. A lot of the times I thought the movie was 'chopped' and it shows. Though don't get me wrong...the movie rocked. It just could have been a heckuva lot better if he'd let it 'flow'

17. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Some little girl started crying when Dooku lost his head.
    Today, we were the only ones to sit all the way through the credits.

18. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, us too. It'd been nice to experience the end of TPM's credits again with Vader's breathing. Oh well, it's still cool nonetheless. ;)

19. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    This is a bit off the sith subject but my 15 month old is watching New Hope and hasn't taken his eyes off of it yet...I guess it pays to start them off young...Good night everyone.

20. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Well guys its been a week and Star Wars has made $182,710,278 dollars

21. Jedi_Prezrick

Jedi_Prezrick Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Yes i did see the millinnium falcom the first time a saw the movie.
    It was landing like on a lower platform i cant remember if it was when anikan was landing the big ship that you said, or if it was when obi wan was landing on utipa.dos any body remember?

22. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Um Utapau was a different seen than the Senate seen

23. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Prezrick knows they are different scenes--just can't remember which. It was when they landed the shuttle thing at the Senate dome. I was told that the model they used for the falcon was one of the ones from the OT that was on display in the Archives at C3--the smaller one in the case.
    There is a cool list of Easter Eggs at SW.com.

I am using the Yoda spearing the clone picture as my signature at Yodasnews.com right now.

24. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    I now have 12 viewings under my "robe" And amazingly the rave was still crowded at the showing that I say today. I also saw Madagascar (SP??) Anyway, it's nice to see the movie is still crowded. This should get the message across to George. One can hope... Everybody did catch that Boba Fett (the original trilogy one) was flying Bail Organa's ship...Right???
    So, I defend my fixation and the numbers will probably only increase as my in-laws are spending the week next week (Anyone know any good hotels in Little Rock???) And I am not kidding here. They make the Sith look cute and cuddly and don't get the Star Wars thing...Looking forward to the Memphis road trip...I'm Goanna need it...

25. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I hear the Ritz it is a nice place.

It is one of those "Pay by the Hour"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.